The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2013 (08:49 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:

Old April 2nd, 2013 (11:24 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by awolfsquared.
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hey so this has been floating around the internet and is considered a new form for Mewtwo.

Spoiler:

Not confirmed as a real thing, but Serebii has posted it to their website. Looks photoshopped though.

Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real. Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.Please not be real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Idk if you guys have seen this, but Team Fail showed me this video yesterday. This is probably an AF Prank but it looks cool, also be warned, possible(yet very unlikely) spoilers:
Spoiler:
Kind of cute. Though it looks pretty fake to me. I'd love if it's real though.

Edit: oh wait it say April Fools in the title.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 2nd, 2013 (11:45 PM).
Forever
let it go

The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:15 AM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Yeah that thing's hideous. Some people say it's a photoshopped version of this poster.
Spoiler:

And it really does to me. I think if they were to introduce a new forme for Mewtwo, they wouldn't just use the same poster they made before but slightly edited would they? I think they would make an entirely new poster right?

Also I don;t want a new form. Mewtwo's great the way it is so you shouldn't fix what's not broken. I don't get why every legendary Pokemon needs a new form nowadays.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:18 AM).
Forever
let it go

Oh hey that really does look Photoshopped. The fact that it's so close to that poster makes me not believe it at all, really. Here's hoping fake? :/
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:22 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
The fact that Serebii posted it means he must be somewhat sure that it'll be confirmed real, but idk. It just looks ugly and if Mewtwo would get a better forme it wouldn't look like that... ? ;_;
Serebii have said there is absolutely no confirmation of this being real.

Also, I have noticed some inconsistencies between Mewtwo in both pictures

1: His "Headband" in the right picture, it doesn't even connect to his head properly.
2: His neck is drawn rather shoddily, it looks fine on the left, but in the picture on the right, it's drawn in a way that makes his lower jaw look as flat as a pancake.
3: His hip pauldron, on the left it's smooth and round, on the right it has a section that juts out.
4: Posters in Japanese magazines, do not have a massive blank white border, they always fill every bit of space up.
Also to note is that the artist tried to mask the inconsistencies by crumpling up the paper but if anything this just makes them stand out way more, it doesn't look professional at all.
And finally, it's way too early for CoroCoro, heck the magazine shouldn't even be finished yet.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Forever
let it go

He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3
Old April 3rd, 2013 (02:44 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
That thing...wait...what....x_x;;

...That head...is unbelievably just.....weird....
Old April 3rd, 2013 (02:50 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
He didn't say it was confirmed but the fact is he normally leaves uncomfirmed stuff off the site for the most part, really.

Good analysis though! Hoping it's fake anyway. :3
He's also still human. It could be a slip up.

That's one big negative to Serebii, since he has a reputation for not posting fakes. If he makes a mistake people will still follow him like sheep.

The new mewtwo form looks like something from dragonball z.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (02:54 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Man, if this is a photoshopped version of Mewtwo's new form, I can't wait to see/hear about what Mew's new form would look like...
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:01 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
What in the world is that thing ? That looks hideous. I really hope it's fake. Damn, it'll completely ruin mewtwo for me.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:10 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Gosh, that things is hideous. D:

I know there's been some speculation around the internet about Mewtwo getting a new form for the movie, but please, not anything like that. What's coming out from behind his head? That looks so weird.

Given how it has been going around for a few hours now, I would have hoped someone would have come up and claimed it as a fake or something. Still time, I suppose.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:13 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

I'm calling a fib on this one, really.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:17 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
The thing is, why would Mewtwo even need a new form? It's kind of one of those legendaries that are super powerful enough to live without one, so I don't really see it as necessary for it to have one. That being said though, where's Mew's role in all of this? I find it extremely odd that, if it's true that Mewtwo were to be given a new form, that Mew doesn't, so not a lot of things are adding up here.

Do any legendary really need new forms though?

I always figured new forms was just a way to increase hype.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:23 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Do any legendary really need new forms though?

I always figured new forms was just a way to increase hype.
I can actually understand a few. There were a few that needed it (like Shaymin, for example, and perhaps Giratina just for the sake of story and background purposes, I suppose. At least there was some sort of story surrounding it, in the form of a movie). And there were a few that kind of didn't need it (Kami trio, really, along with Keldeo to some sort of extent?). So ultimately, I can see why the whole concept would be used to create hype.

But hype is really the only reason why this image of a deformed Mewtwo is even floating around the internet, nothing more.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:29 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote:

Why does any Pokémon need a new form?

While I agree, Mewtwo certainly doesn't need some new form, it doesn't give GameFreak a good enough reason not to do it. I just have to believe that if they were to do so, they would do something a whole lot better than that... thing.

Mew doesn't necessarily have to have its own form either if Mewtwo were to be given one. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, genetically created by scientists using a strand of Mew's DNA. Other than that link, the two Pokémon are vastly different from one another, more so in the games than in the anime. So if Mewtwo were to have its own form, it could come from its genetic make up allowing it to change. Mew doesn't have to have anything to do with that. It is its own Pokémon.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:34 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Mew doesn't necessarily have to have its own form either if Mewtwo were to be given one. Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, genetically created by scientists using a strand of Mew's DNA. Other than that link, the two Pokémon are vastly different from one another, more so in the games than in the anime. So if Mewtwo were to have its own form, it could come from its genetic make up allowing it to change. Mew doesn't have to have anything to do with that. It is its own Pokémon.
Except, don't forget that it would be extremely inconsistent, and I can tell that GF doesn't really swing that way. Remember back in late Gen IV when Giratina was given it's Origin form, and then we saw it in action even in movie style. It was powerful yes (and heck, you can see Origin form winning against Dialga in Movie 11 (at least, I think that's the right movie)), but by no means was it too significantly overpowered. That's what I'm saying here. There has not been one instance in a main Pokemon game whereas one of the mascot legendaries got an alternate form while the other mascot stayed behind. It just wouldn't seem...right, y'know?

So far, all of the mascot legendaries seem to be left alone, so I don't see why GF would feel the need to change Mewtwo in any way.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:46 AM).
Forever
let it go

Mewtwo technically isn't a mascot legendary. Sure it's a major legendary but it isn't a mascot like uhh Venusaur etc in those generations so it could get another forme - and Mew on the other hand didn't need to because maybe it'd be merged with Mewtwo to create said forme??
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:54 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I mean, I guess what I'm saying that is I think Mewtwo would just have some huge unfair advantage to it's counterpart, I suppose. u__u
Old April 3rd, 2013 (03:56 AM).
Radio Rebel
Be heard! Be strong! Be proud!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Except, don't forget that it would be extremely inconsistent, and I can tell that GF doesn't really swing that way. Remember back in late Gen IV when Giratina was given it's Origin form, and then we saw it in action even in movie style. It was powerful yes (and heck, you can see Origin form winning against Dialga in Movie 11 (at least, I think that's the right movie)), but by no means was it too significantly overpowered. That's what I'm saying here. There has not been one instance in a main Pokemon game whereas one of the mascot legendaries got an alternate form while the other mascot stayed behind. It just wouldn't seem...right, y'know?

So far, all of the mascot legendaries seem to be left alone, so I don't see why GF would feel the need to change Mewtwo in any way.
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You talk about a mascot legendary getting a new form (Giratina) while the others didn't (Dialga and Palkia), then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all), and then try to say Mewtwo won't get a new form because they never only give one mascot legendary a new form, even though you literally just talked about them doing exactly that (and Mewtwo isn't a mascot anyway).

YouTubeLast.fm ♦ Proud member of Geronimo! and The Rainbow Connection
Old April 3rd, 2013 (04:04 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
I mean, I guess what I'm saying that is I think Mewtwo would just have some huge unfair advantage to it's counterpart, I suppose. u__u
Mewtwo already has a bigger advantage over Mew given its higher stats and a total base state of 680; 80 more than Mew's total base stats. The way I see it, they were never equal counterparts to begin with. Compare that to Giratina who shared the same total base stats with Dialga and Palkia, even in its Origin Form.

Like I said, Mewtwo and Mew only share a connection due to their shared DNA, other than that, the two are very much their own separate entities. So Mewtwo getting an alternate form (if that even turns out to be a real thing at all) wouldn't really have anything to do with Mew in my opinion.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (04:05 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You talk about a mascot legendary getting a new form (Giratina) while the others didn't (Dialga and Palkia), then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all), and then try to say Mewtwo won't get a new form because they never only give one mascot legendary a new form, even though you literally just talked about them doing exactly that (and Mewtwo isn't a mascot anyway).
Mewtwo and Mew didn't get form changes.

Lugia and Ho-oh didn't get form changes

Groudon and Kyogre didn't get form changes

Dialga and Palkia didn't get form changes

Reshiram and Zekrom didn't get form changes.

What I'm saying is that, for consistency purposes, none of these legendaries were given any sort of form changes at all (regardless of whether or not Mewtwo is a mascot legendary, it's symbolism is close to that of one, anyway). Changes to one of these would give them an unfair significant advantage over the other, is what I'm saying, kind of like leaving them in the dust, if you will. I just don't really see it happening.

Quote:
then say something about how strong they are (which doesn't seem relevant to your argument at all)
Competitively, when you give a Pokemon a new form, they're usually significantly stronger than the previous form, but why? Again, why is it really necessary that Mewtwo be given one so badly and not it's counterpart, especially since they've already had a movie in which they interacted already? I do apologize for the sucky wording, but that's what I've been saying all this time. Mewtwo and Mew are very closely related, despite being different Pokemon altogether, so it just would not make sense whatsoever.

Quote:
Mewtwo already has a bigger advantage over Mew given its higher stats and a total base state of 680; 80 more than Mew's total base stats. The way I see it, they were never equal counterparts to begin with. Compare that to Giratina who shared the same total base stats with Dialga and Palkia, even in its Origin Form.

Like I said, Mewtwo and Mew only share a connection due to their shared DNA, other than that, the two are very much their own separate entities. So Mewtwo getting an alternate form (if that even turns out to be a real thing at all) wouldn't really have anything to do with Mew in my opinion.
The base stats are a fair argument to make, except that Mewtwo is usually more predictable than Mew is, since Mew had the advantage of learning every single TM, and running just about every moveset imagineable. Mewtwo has the advantage in stats, Mew has the advantage in moves. They both cancel each other out, hence them being equal in my mind.

Also, Mewtwo was born from Mew's DNA, right? I see that as more than enough reason to keep them closely related enough not for one to just up and have a brand new form while the other one doesn't. o.o;
Old April 3rd, 2013 (05:32 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well Kyurem did get an advantage with it's new formes against it's trio after having a disadvantage in it's original forme. So trios have had one member with a new forme while the rest don't.
Also if they were to give Mewtwo a new forme it could get the Giratina treatment or even the Keldeo treatment to keep it from becoming more uneven... the last one would be stupid however imo.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (06:04 AM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:

Well, Mewtwo was a genetically engineered Pokémon so maybe this is TR's attempt to make it even better? I don't see why Mew would need to get affected. With that said, I do hope that if Mewtwo gets a new forme that this isn't it because...for one thing the r34 will be everywhere.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Why exactly does Mewtwo need a new forme? Wouldn't that make him way too overpowered than he is now (unless they pull a Keldeo on him)? But now that I think about it, if Mewtwo does get a new forme, it might as well be his final smash if he was able to come back in the next SSB title, which is a clever marketing strategy.

Quote:
I can actually understand a few. There were a few that needed it (like Shaymin, for example, and perhaps Giratina just for the sake of story and background purposes, I suppose. At least there was some sort of story surrounding it, in the form of a movie). And there were a few that kind of didn't need it (Kami trio, really, along with Keldeo to some sort of extent?). So ultimately, I can see why the whole concept would be used to create hype.

But hype is really the only reason why this image of a deformed Mewtwo is even floating around the internet, nothing more.
The reason they gave the Kamis new formes is because of the complaints about them being recolors, and yet now the same people are complaining about them having different formes, which shows contradictory within the fanbase.

Sponsored Links