The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
( Spoilers because it has something to do with the episode that airs in Japan next week )

For each season now there have been guest appearances of characters or Pokemon that were left behind in the last region or so forth. In Unova, we so far (other than Professor Oak and Ash's mom) we've had Dawn and Cynthia for the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup. Next week in Japan, Misty and Brock will be coming back for an episode. On top of that, it looks like Charizard will also be coming back and hanging around for a few episodes after.

What do you think of these guest appearances? Do you wish they would happen more often? Or that a character will some back and stay with Ash? Are there any characters (human or Pokemon) that you would like to see come back for an episode or two.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I'm surprised no one said anything about this, but moi
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
pikachu4249
Unhatched Egg

I like the guest appearances I wish Brock was traveling with ash in Unova not Cilan but, he was funny at times.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Aaah I adore guest appearances! It's nice to see old characters again once in a while, to see how they're doing and how they interact with the new cast. Too often and it wouldn't be as fun, though!

I'd really like to see May again. And Max, actually! I have no idea how they could be integrated in but I really would like to see them. And Brock of course! Oh my. I don't know if I'd like to see him and Cilan get on really well or if I'd like to see some friction there. Probably I would like to see friction because oooh drama.

Also I'd like to see a few more of Ash's old Pokémon as we continue in Unova. And even the next region. You don't even know how happy I was at just Muk appearing for ten seconds. And- frickin- Charizard- so excited! ♥

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary0ak View Post
I'm surprised no one said anything about this, but moi ;)
It's said that their cameo appearances in the upcoming episode are likely to be in the form of a flashback, but either way, it's going to be nice to see them appear on screen again.

I love whenever we get a cameo or a reference to past characters. You have no idea how excited I was back in the DP arc when May had her guest appearance for the Wallace Cup. That was a lot of fun and I loved seeing some of the new Pokémon she obtained and how much she had matured since she first left the group permanently. I also like it when they refer to their old rivals and friends from before as well.

I think what I always enjoy the most about cameo appearances though is seeing the Pokémon. For Ash, it's getting the chance to see his old Pokémon after so long. Cyndaquil coming back and later evolving for the Sinnoh League was great, and seeing Sceptile defeat Darkrai was oh so glorious.

All that being said, cameos work best when its not being overdone. Too many reappearances too many times just makes the excitement of it all vanish after awhile. Still, I wish May and Max could rejoin the group. ;;
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't get the hype... Takeshi and Kasumi are NOT coming back... it will be just flashback of Orange Isle because Charizard's coming back.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I don't get the hype... Takeshi and Kasumi are NOT coming back... it will be just flashback of Orange Isle because Charizard's coming back.
I guess for some it's just the thought of seeing them on screen again, even if just for a quick second, that makes them so elated for it. While others I don't think realize it may just be a flashback and nothing more.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Tox
fight me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tox
Hmm, I wonder if there will be updates to their appearances, such as Misty's eyes. They're a bit outdated now and Ash, Delia and Team Rocket were all updated. Also, this is the best news I've ever heard. Maybe they didn't mess it up so much after all.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Voninator
Unhatched Egg

I like having the 'guest' appearances. I would like more than what they have now maybe each person once per season, or something like that. That would be for people in the anime. I would say that Ash's Pokémon should make a lot of appearances during Elite Four, during the journey in the region he should switch out his guys from that area more often. Also he needs to go get Pidgeot back
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
Hmm, I wonder if there will be updates to their appearances, such as Misty's eyes. They're a bit outdated now and Ash, Delia and Team Rocket were all updated. Also, this is the best news I've ever heard. Maybe they didn't mess it up so much after all.
I don't think so... the animation of Charizard's farewell scene on the CoroCoro scan was clearly the old one.
I don't think they will change it... It's supposed to be flashback :D
And in a sense, it will look like past, even though Satoshi hasn't even grow taller or older.

Old March 7th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Tox
fight me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tox
Quote:
I don't think so... the animation of Charizard's farewell scene on the CoroCoro scan was clearly the old one.
I don't think they will change it... It's supposed to be flashback :D
And in a sense, it will look like past, even though Satoshi hasn't even grow taller or older.
Nah, they had to reanimate things. The old animation is much too different.
Spoiler:
Looks like I was right about Misty's eyes, heh.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Kyonko
Unhatched Egg

As said before I would love to see more appearances of old characters reappear but as stated if they appear too often its spoils the whole thing.
One person I'd like to see again is Domino from Team Rocket. Can anyone update me on whether or not she reappears again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
Nah, they had to reanimate things. The old animation is much too different.
Spoiler:
Looks like I was right about Misty's eyes, heh.
Yes even Brocks eyes look different lol
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Dragooncroft
Tomb Raider

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via ICQ to Dragooncroft Send a message via AIM to Dragooncroft
When will this episode be aired elsewhere?

UPDATES:
Hatched a new Skarmory w/ Drill Peck
Haunter and Kadabra evolved into Gengar and Alakazam
Raised a Level 55 Poliwrath with a Mind-Reader/Fissure combo
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragooncroft View Post
When will this episode be aired elsewhere?
It's already on YouTube.
In RAW of course. PMs still did not sub it yet.

Old March 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Dragooncroft
Tomb Raider

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via ICQ to Dragooncroft Send a message via AIM to Dragooncroft
Quote:
It's already on YouTube.
In RAW of course. PMs still did not sub it yet.
Yeah, but I suppose not in English yet. That's unfortunate

UPDATES:
Hatched a new Skarmory w/ Drill Peck
Haunter and Kadabra evolved into Gengar and Alakazam
Raised a Level 55 Poliwrath with a Mind-Reader/Fissure combo
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:15 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
Charizard is going to be in the movie too, posters up on serebii.
Reappearance of old Pokemon like Primeape, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Sqirtel and Lapras would be great, they are not even with other Pokemon of Ash/Satoshi for us to see in the new title song of the anime.

Old April 1st, 2013, 10:48 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Sadly Misty and Brock did not made a Guest appearance in the Unova. I hope they come in the next upcoming arc
Old April 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Sadly Misty and Brock did not made a Guest appearance in the Unova. I hope they come in the next upcoming arc
There's no reason to.
Maybe Takeshi can but Kasumi already made her appearance in the Hoenn saga.

Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
alienhunterx

It is just that due to continuous mention of Brock, they should at least come in 1 episode to meet Cilan and Iris so that Ash can tell them his glorious Kanto past.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
It is just that due to continuous mention of Brock, they should at least come in 1 episode to meet Cilan and Iris so that Ash can tell them his glorious Kanto past.
Where's the glorious part of his past?

Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I love it whenever old characters make guest appearances, however, when it comes to Pokemon, I feel like it's almost always a bit Charizard exclusive. He's a great Pokemon, and one of the strongest Ash has, but I kinda just want to see some of his other Pokemon come to follow him on his adventures, rather than just appearing in the league battles, and that's only the stronger ones. I mean, it was great when Aipom joined Ash on his way to Sinnoh, and I'd love to see something similar happen. But yeah, a little less Charizard, and a little more of all of the other of Ash's popular Pokemon.

I love it that both Misty and Brock are returning, I hate that it's only one episode however. I really hated the loss of Brock, because he was such a defining character for the show, since he genuinely cared for Pokemon, which can be seen as he in the end decided to be a Pokemon doctor (or it may just have been to be with Nurse Joy ;)), and I just don't really get the same feeling for Cilan. It may be because I haven't watched quite that many episodes of the fifth generation yet, but I just feel like Cilan was more of a Brock clone, only added to the show for the sake of renewal, however they didn't really get anything out of it, since the character most people want gone is Ash.

But yeah, Brock and Misty should definitely have some more time on the show, and it's certain to give some of the older watchers a sense of nostalgia from the first few seasons.

Edit: Just read through the posts, and that actually makes me pretty sad. Even though I haven't followed the show as much lately, it's clear as the day that a lot of the viewers want Misty and Brock to return, so the least they could do was to give them a guest appearance, not just in form of a flashback. Hopefully it'll come eventually, but so far, it seems not :(

Last edited by Olli; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Because I personally think Ash is not being given the reputation he deserves in Unova. You know Trip saying what a puny trainer from Kanto and all those trainers from Kanto are Puny as well
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here