The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old March 26th, 2013 (10:04 PM).
ligerre
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
**** yeah, beat the gym.So ****ing hard, that Muk is anoying and Gengar is deadly
Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old March 27th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
Kurapika- http://www.poke-place.com/GameKurapika.zip
Pretty sure I got it right.

Bradley- Sorry that it lags! Unfortunately, I don't have much control over the resources the system demands. :c However, I've designed this game on a netbook primarily, so it certainly shouldn't be unplayable...


Ligerre- Awesome work. :3 Yeah, my general goal is to, any time says "____ type? That should be easy." -- prove them wrong. c:
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old March 27th, 2013 (07:07 PM). Edited March 28th, 2013 by Lucario505.
Lucario505
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Love the episode so far, I really got into the story back at the volcano xD
Still not done with it though, this is only my second day playing. I had to go and train up some Pokemon because all the ones I already had were lvl 46+
Really need to find a strategy for Aya, I underestimated the power posion types again. Where's Earthquake when i need it?? >_<" lol

New additions to my team:
KingKrab(Kingler) lvl 43 [faints too easily against Nidoqueen's Earth Power, but useful]
Punk(Scrafty) lvl 44 [his Crunch saved me so many times, usually the last to faint]
Flame(Magmar) lvl 42 [weak on occasion, used as staller, Confuse Ray + Smokescreen]
Toxin(Toxicroak) lvl 43 [no useful attacks for this gym >.<]
Charge(Magneton) lvl 43 [beast at this gym if I can avoid Gengar, Nidoqueen, and Seviper]
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old March 28th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
ligerre
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Aya is the first trainer in pokemon history that can make me use battle tems (x-attack, x-defense, etc). I dont know if i can beat her without it. Have to get my Magneton +6 spatk, +3 speed to sweep. Lucily she didnt switch.
Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old March 28th, 2013 (04:09 PM). Edited March 28th, 2013 by Lucario505.
Lucario505
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Still haven't been able to beat her ._." My last attempt at beating her resulted in a stall war, with 32 super potions, and in the end it was just down to her Seviper and my Toxicroak... There's just no beating her!! >_<" lol, I'll try again later but this is getting impossible. My only choice is to train up really close to lvl 45(which might still not help) or go and train some psychic pokemon from scratch.
Team listed in my last post, + lvl 47 Ariados[has psychic, but still defiant]
Most of the pokemon I had to train with wild pokemon, so much time wasted >.<"
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old March 28th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
Bradley95
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
I think there are anti-lag scripts. (: I really want to record a lets play of this.
Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old March 28th, 2013 (09:48 PM).
ligerre
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Oh common, i only need 2 pokemon to beat her and you guy cant do it with 6? Sure that I only beat her on my third try but with magneton you should beat her easily. All you have to do is this:
Step one use a magneton and something can tank water, poison, grass move like weezing, train them to level 43.
Step two: let magneton and that pokemon lead.
Step three: use Xspatk and Xspeed on magneton, the other pokemon turn use guard spec or attack. Note: dont kill Muk and tentacruel . Use potion when your team is low on hp, use berry when magneton is confuse.
Step four: when Magneton has +6spatk and +3speed, let the sweep begin, focus on the Muk first, if you dont, that thing might disable your pokemon and use minimize to dodge.
Step five: victory
Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old March 29th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Thank you Amethyst for the fix. :]
Great episode, as usual. Minus the death of Kiki... Ugh! I raged. :@
As of the Gym it wasn't hard for me thanks to Empoleon and Crobat! :3 I only used a couple of Super Potions, I brought a Trapinch (lvl44), too but it died before it could Bulldoze anything. XD

Also:
Spoiler:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old March 29th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Lucario505
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Whatever, it might have taken me a couple of failures but I finally beat her team my way. I just needed some patience. It ended with a one on one Lvl 45 Scrafty vs. Muk and I only used that Magnaton to take out Tentacruel and Nidoqueen.
Can't wait for the next episode, pretty sure I'll have a better advantage against the next gym, this is the only one that took me over one try.
Are there any subquest I need to worry about?
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old March 29th, 2013 (05:07 PM).
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
I'll be sure and fix those, Kura, thanks~
Also, spoilers!

Lucario! Glad you finally beat her! I may tone her down for the next episode depending on how people feel about it, but I think I may continue to make the gym leaders in the upcoming releases just a liiiittle more powerful than I otherwise might, and then nerf them a bit later- for the sake of making each episode's finale feel a little more like a final boss. That way, it's also smoothed into the gameplay curve later too.
So you lot get to pioneer the hellish battle. <3

Also, there are a ton of sidequests! You don't have to "worry" persay, but I definitely added a lot, especially around the Wasteland...
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #136    
Old March 30th, 2013 (05:57 PM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by Lucario505.
Lucario505
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
lol, I'm going to have to be careful about giving out info on my team in the future, you'll know exactly how to combat it xD jk. I'm going to start looking for sidequests now :D

Quick questions:
Is there a secret passage way in this Wasteland to get to the other side where that rock is in that one small building near the train? I've already tried looking for it outside the city near it.(slums, alley, and other entrance to underground).
Why do I get the feeling there's a Garbodor strapped to one of the machines in this Wasteland?
Will the problems around Reborn ever be fixed or are they remain to add more to plot/scene of the story?(toxic water, fissures, the trash land, etc.) Idk, something to show progression, admittedly the heroes are on a losing streak right now.

*Suggestion- Florina (i.e. Flobot, super genius) finds away to recover and use one of Pulse Machines(?) to fix the problems around Reborn. Maybe uses her Cradily or something to fix the vine infestation that still holds that one small city/town swarming with bugs. (most of those Pokemon already exist in the forest next to it anyway)
Reply With Quote
  #137    
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:25 PM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by hanabluebird.
hanabluebird's Avatar
hanabluebird
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Female
I'm not sure if this had been brought up before but when in the department store, if you go higher then the fourth floor, the floors will have weather effects in each one and will only sell super potion, great ball, etc then crash. When trying to get to the first floor to escape the madness, it sends you back into the elevator and you can't ever leave x x

Assistance please?


Reply With Quote
  #138    
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:27 PM).
Lopnis's Avatar
Lopnis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
This all looks very interesting I'm going to try what you have thus far but I had a question what do you mean by 17 Type gyms does that mean I can pick and choose which 8 gyms of the 17 I could go in the final realease to or that the story involves beating 17 gyms in whole?
Reply With Quote
  #139    
Old March 31st, 2013 (12:10 PM).
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
Quick questions:
Is there a secret passage way in this Wasteland to get to the other side where that rock is in that one small building near the train? I've already tried looking for it outside the city near it.(slums, alley, and other entrance to underground).
where the rock is in that one small building near the train
dear god i actually have no idea where you're talking about
WAIT do you mean the Wasteland Wall?
Hm, well, there IS another entrance from the Wasteland itself... Yeah, you should definitely look around some more. C:
Quote:
Why do I get the feeling there's a Garbodor strapped to one of the machines in this Wasteland?
That would totally make sense
But not this time.
That said, there is something like that in the depths of the waste...
Quote:
Will the problems around Reborn ever be fixed or are they remain to add more to plot/scene of the story?(toxic water, fissures, the trash land, etc.) Idk, something to show progression, admittedly the heroes are on a losing streak right now.
Who knows?
me, i know, but im not telling, muahahaha
Quote:
*Suggestion- Florina stuff
Don't worry, I've got everything all worked out already~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabluebird View Post
I'm not sure if this had been brought up before but when in the department store, if you go higher then the fourth floor, the floors will have weather effects in each one and will only sell super potion, great ball, etc then crash. When trying to get to the first floor to escape the madness, it sends you back into the elevator and you can't ever leave x x

Assistance please?
Are you using the newest episode? that was definitely an issue in episode 6, but it's something I checked that I specifically fixed in last week's release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
This all looks very interesting I'm going to try what you have thus far but I had a question what do you mean by 17 Type gyms does that mean I can pick and choose which 8 gyms of the 17 I could go in the final realease to or that the story involves beating 17 gyms in whole?
All 17 type gyms are part of the story. c: We're in for a long ride.
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #140    
Old March 31st, 2013 (04:35 PM).
Lucario505
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
lol, I found it, after that one subquest I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while, jk xD Well it looks like those are all the subquests in the Wasteland, I'll take one more look around the region, then call it a game until next episode :D

For the rest of the gamers on here; Don't be shy to throw out some hints (not spoilers) if you guys find anything interesting
Reply With Quote
  #141    
Old April 1st, 2013 (02:42 PM).
jake2003's Avatar
jake2003
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
So I've completed the episode (awesome by the way). And I can't seem to find any of the side quests in the wasteland. Anyone got a few hints for me?
Reply With Quote
  #142    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (04:08 AM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by Ashka.
Ashka
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
First off, enjoying this game immensely. I've been playing through it very quickly and now that I've finished the current beta I'm going back and trying to find all the sidequests (exploring the Wastelands has been a lot of fun). There were a few things I wanted to ask about. Firstly, after I crossed Beryl Bridge for the first time, the boy at the abandoned Power Plant thanked me for defeating Drifloon, but I had never encountered one. I'm worried that I've lost a one-time-only chance to catch one. Also, for choices like Igglybuff/Cleffa, will you get a chance to obtain the one you didn't pick, in the wild or otherwise?

Secondly, I think I need a bit of help finding Munchlax. The Pokedex says it should be in the Wastelands, but I haven't found it in the wild. I thought it was probably in the trees (because Pineco is also apparently available there) but I haven't found any headbutt-able trees so far.

Finally, could I get a small hint as to where to find Shuppet? Sorry for all the questions.
Reply With Quote
  #143    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (08:03 AM).
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
lol, I found it, after that one subquest I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while


Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2003 View Post
So I've completed the episode (awesome by the way). And I can't seem to find any of the side quests in the wasteland. Anyone got a few hints for me?
I'll leave this to the others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashka View Post
First off, enjoying this game immensely. I've been playing through it very quickly and now that I've finished the current beta I'm going back and trying to find all the sidequests (exploring the Wastelands has been a lot of fun). There were a few things I wanted to ask about. Firstly, after I crossed Beryl Bridge for the first time, the boy at the abandoned Power Plant thanked me for defeating Drifloon, but I had never encountered one. I'm worried that I've lost a one-time-only chance to catch one. Also, for choices like Igglybuff/Cleffa, will you get a chance to obtain the one you didn't pick, in the wild or otherwise?

Secondly, I think I need a bit of help finding Munchlax. The Pokedex says it should be in the Wastelands, but I haven't found it in the wild. I thought it was probably in the trees (because Pineco is also apparently available there) but I haven't found any headbutt-able trees so far.

Finally, could I get a small hint as to where to find Shuppet? Sorry for all the questions.
Don't be sorry~
Drifloon is an issue, I thought I fixed that problem like 34 episodes ago. Yeah, back in episode negative twenty seven.
I'll see if I can find what's doing that, again.
The other of Iggly/Cleffa will be available eventually. After all, it's not like I can expect you to trade for these. xP
Munchlax- You're on the right track... But what you're missing is probably right in front of your eyes.
Shuppet- ...Well, I'll see if anyone else can clue you in there. >>
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #144    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (08:23 AM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by Ashka.
Ashka
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
Thanks very much. Right in front of my eyes, hmm...

Also, is Heatmor supposed to disappear from the volcano? (It probably is). I saw it earlier but didn't catch it. I came back later to do so and it was gone.

...and, out of curiosity, does winning against Solaris and his Garchomp at the volcano affect the dialogue anywhere? I thought it affected a bit of the dialogue in the scary Wasteland event, anyway. I'd already saved by then so I couldn't go back to check.
Reply With Quote
  #145    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (03:59 PM).
jake2003's Avatar
jake2003
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Never mind, I figured it out. Turns out I just ran right past what I needed to do.
Reply With Quote
  #146    
Old April 2nd, 2013 (07:25 PM).
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashka View Post
Thanks very much. Right in front of my eyes, hmm...

Also, is Heatmor supposed to disappear from the volcano? (It probably is). I saw it earlier but didn't catch it. I came back later to do so and it was gone.

...and, out of curiosity, does winning against Solaris and his Garchomp at the volcano affect the dialogue anywhere? I thought it affected a bit of the dialogue in the scary Wasteland event, anyway. I'd already saved by then so I couldn't go back to check.
It appears at semi-random times. It'll be back, don't worry.

Winning against Solaris is... not something I've incorporated dialog handlers for just yet mainly because I didn't actually expect anyone to be able to-- But it will, in other places if not there.
Most of what that event says can actually still be applied even if you win anyway, since Garchomp doesn't really faint outside of battle.
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #147    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (02:44 AM).
aco
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender:
can someone help me how i bet aya with my team

ps: my pokemons don't listen to me

my team:
Blaziken Lv.52
Pachirisu Lv.48
Kricketune Lv.45
Unfezant Lv.46
Camerupt Lv.44
Gastrodon Lv.44
Reply With Quote
  #148    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (09:11 AM). Edited April 4th, 2013 by Ashka.
Ashka
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
...bah. I still have no clue about Munchlax. I'm going to feel very silly when I find out how to find it.

EDIT: Also showed a Chimecho to the guy on Azurine Island but I can see no way to actually get into the cage to take the Bulbasaur.
Reply With Quote
  #149    
Old April 3rd, 2013 (08:18 PM).
ligerre
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Where is zorua? I cant find it anywhere. The wasteland sidequest is awesome, and how the hell that a lv10 gasly can make an illusion that beat the **** out of my team (thank you intimidate).
Reply With Quote
  #150    
Old April 4th, 2013 (03:40 AM).
Lulu's Avatar
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: All over the Pokéworld
Age: 22
Nature: Timid
o.o
I played a bit a while back....around December 2012, when I joined PC xD
Then I figured I'd wait for the whole thing and play it as a whole. Simply because I love surprises and I don't want to spoil any for myself xD

But I just dropped by to say that I'm still interested in Reborn and I'm happy to see new updates every time I drop by xD
Keep up the good work and don't forget that you got fans rooting for you ^-^
10 Gyms to go, then I can finally explore Pokémon Reborn *o*
__________________


"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.