The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
In the days to come, there will be some changes occurring in the Off-Topic Discussions forums. The most notable change is the shift of chat-like threads, such as the DCC, that are currently in Other Chat & Discussions. They will now be placed in what is now Other Voting Polls, and Other Voting Polls will, essentially, be rebranded into a forum that includes threads with chit-chat purposes. In addition, the Celebrations sub-forum currently in Other Chat & Discussions will be moved to what is now Other Voting Polls.

Other Chat & Discussions will shift towards a primary focus between extensive discussion topics and debates of anything that doesn't fit in the boards above. Additionally, the forums will be renamed to better fit these changes.

A thread like this will be posted in Other Voting Polls as well.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm opening this thread (along with the one in OVP) because of multiple PMs that I'm getting from forum regulars. If you're an OC&D regular and have any questions / comments / concerns please reply to this thread.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I know one thing among popular posters of the DCC will ask this, but will anything relating to postcount be affected? Or will any of that even be changed with the new sections?

Oh and looking forward to the new names guys :D

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

...lmao, of course regular DCCers would immediately ask about the postcount. d:

No, we've no plans to modify post counting in any section.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So if I understand this fully, OVP and OC&D pretty much switched spots while the DCC merged with OVP.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario The World Champion View Post
So if I understand this fully, OVP and OC&D pretty much switched spots while the DCC merged with OVP.
OC&D is now basically the forum of tl;dr srs bns posts, so the old stickies that weren't in-depth (Pictures, DCC, etc,) had to go to OVP.

I may yet make a DCC for this forum though. But it would be one that follows the pattern of the threads here, not a random free-for-all like the old one.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I may yet make a DCC for this forum though. But it would be one that follows the pattern of the threads here, not a random free-for-all like the old one.
I would prefer that you didn't. The whole point of splitting up with the DCC was to enforce a more serious and structured environment in D&D. Having a free-for-all thread, even one for "more serious" posts, seems counter productive. As the stuff discussed in D&D is of a heavier nature it makes more sense to let each one have its own thread.

And yeah, Mario The World Champion has got it right. OVP (CC&P) is now what OC used to be before the shift in direction to more serious topics started happening.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
I would prefer that you didn't. The whole point of splitting up with the DCC was to enforce a more serious and structured environment in D&D. Having a free-for-all thread, even one for "more serious" posts, seems counter productive. As the stuff discussed in D&D is of a heavier nature it makes more sense to let each one have its own thread.

And yeah, Mario The World Champion has got it right. OVP (CC&P) is now what OC used to be before the shift in direction to more serious topics started happening.
Yeah, I did have a feeling that even if we still had a dcc for my kind of topics, it would pilfer activity from the other threads. Oh well. :/

Sponsored Links

Advertise here