The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 8th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Introduction

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first ever Sideshow project. This is just a patch for people to enjoy Pokemon FireRed at full quality. There are also new Pokemon sprites, courtesy of Chaos Rush. There may be some flaws and things that you might dislike, and I ask you to please state them down below. Also, just tell me what additional things you want included and I'll try my best to script them in. But remember, this is only a Graphical Patch and whatever script changes that are made will not be big.

Starting Off

Before we begin, I just want to give your VBA a Graphical kick off. If you are used to playing in full screen, then you'll have absolutely no problem with this adjustment. But if you like playing on the smaller screen, you might not like this. But this is optional. Now that we're through with the disclaimer and stuff, let's begin! Follow these simple steps:

Open up Visual Boy Advance.

Go to Options > Filter > hq2x

Next, head to
Options > Video > x4

This will turn the emulator into a bigger version. What it also does is remove some pixels to make the gameplay seem more professional.

Media

Now here are some screenshots. I am only done with the exterior of Pallet Town, so there is very little screenshots I have available. The OW Sprites are by WesleyFG. Many thanks to you, my friend!

Some Comparisons

New Front & Back Pokemon sprites
to

Bugs
Here's the color code:
Red = Unknown bug and/or disrupts gameplay.
Blue = Known bug, will be fixed as soon as I figure out how to.
Green = Known bug, will be or has already been fixed.

Bugs:
Gary's OW has a bugged coloring. So do the Pokedexes in the lab. (See screenshot of Bulbasaur starter above)
Charmander's coloring is messed up and I haven't inserted its back sprite.

Credits:
Without these people, even a simple sideshow like this wouldn't have been possible.

Tools:
WesleyFG
Chaos Rush
Lu-Ho
HackMew

Inspiration:
Danny-E 33
Piplup - Hacker
kebbles
ForeverDash / PokemonMasters

Administrators:
DrFuji
giradialkia

Releases:
Beta 1 is coming VERY soon! Keep a close watch XD
Old February 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I like how youve updated the sprites, Bulbasaur looks much better with the BW sprite so I look forward to the release! Good luck.

Team αlpha
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hmmm best of luck with thuis hack

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Good luck with this. Oh, and I'm having a hard time reading the super light green text on the bug report section. I think it should be a bit of a darker green (this would make my eye balls hurt less )
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
The upgraded Hero/Heroine sprites by Wesley FG doesn't have the running/bike/fishing sprites. Will you be making those yourself?
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)

Nature: Quiet
As soon as i saw the ow i realized that they looked like wesleys light platinum ow
Anyway good luck
Old June 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
xboxmandude

Nature: Lonely
Will this be a patch or like a Rom base?

Traded to emerald
Favourite pokemon game
Fire red.(Ultra violet) + emerald

Oh yeah I hate the newer gen..
Anything after gen 3 sucks
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:48 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Wow this hack looks really good especially the Red OW sprite and the starters sprite BTW I you goanna add some background animation during the battle or the day and night system ?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
mitchellz14z
Unhatched Egg

the okayer sprite looks awesome, how did you make it?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links