The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:08 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Originally Posted by romhunter View Post
I know this have been around for a few months, but can you make something which was in a lot of harvest moon but not yet in here? It's the stone ( Kappa stone, Goddess stone... ). Hope that you're still here
I will certainly consider it. I haven't been around here for quite some time (basically not much since my last post in this thread, nearly 7 months ago. Nice necropost btw), and still don't quite have the free time to get back into the swing of things, but if and when I can I would still like to finish this, frills and all.

I'll be finishing my Master's degree program in about 3-4 weeks, so we'll see what happens then and where my motivation levels are. Maybe I'll even add some support for Pokemon Essentials. I probably won't be moving this to Ace any time in the near future, unless I somehow get the urge to purchase it (or there's a trial version and I can work fast enough to make the conversion before it runs out).

Perhaps I (or some other kind soul) need to compile a complete list of what hasn't been implemented yet. Also, anyone is free to contribute code to this project if they would like. I realize that many here don't have much programming expertise, so I won't hold my breathe, but I figured I would just re-iterate that.

Anime/Manga fans can find me on MyAnimeList.net, as KitsuneKouta.

Last edited by KitsuneKouta; March 31st, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:12 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Yahoo to romhunter
I have some code but it's for rpg maker vx. I wonder if you could use that?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
This looks great! Do you have any screenshots of your progress, because I don't see any. Then I might download it.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:12 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
This looks great! Do you have any screenshots of your progress, because I don't see any. Then I might download it.
I don't have any screenshots just yet, but I'll see about getting some up here soon. Funny enough, plenty of games around have in the past spent too much time on screenshots and videos, and not enough time on development. My problem was quite the opposite, as I have yet to do much documenting of the neat stuff this kit can do. There's quite a bit to it, but some of it is kind of hidden in the code. Maybe I'll get the time to write up some quick and dirty documentation on some of these things so that people know what they can actually do with it so far.

Good suggestion though. I had completely forgotten about doing that.

Old April 9th, 2013, 09:54 PM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Can I take screenshot for you? I want in. I can't write script so this is atleast I can do
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneKouta View Post
I don't have any screenshots just yet, but I'll see about getting some up here soon. Funny enough, plenty of games around have in the past spent too much time on screenshots and videos, and not enough time on development. My problem was quite the opposite, as I have yet to do much documenting of the neat stuff this kit can do. There's quite a bit to it, but some of it is kind of hidden in the code. Maybe I'll get the time to write up some quick and dirty documentation on some of these things so that people know what they can actually do with it so far.

Good suggestion though. I had completely forgotten about doing that.
I love this compeltely, can't wait to see your new progress, and/or a new release in the future.

Keep up the good work.
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:41 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Can I take screenshot for you? I want in. I can't write script so this is atleast I can do
Fear not, screenshots are on the way. I started taking them but then started fixing things halfway through so that the screenshots would be more presentable. Depending on how things go, another release might be out in a couple weeks or so (although I also have the final project for my capstone class due during that time, so we'll see). There's already been a number of improvements since the last release, but there's a few major things I want to complete before the next one.

Old April 10th, 2013, 09:47 PM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Can you rewrite the script to use with rpg maker vx ace? I have it but I don't know to write script ( damn Ruby. Why do you so hard)
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:24 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Can you rewrite the script to use with rpg maker vx ace? I have it but I don't know to write script ( damn Ruby. Why do you so hard)
I've considered it, however if I do it won't be until after it's finished in RMXP. I don't have Ace, and have no current plans to buy it, so I would basically be converting the project during the free trial and hoping it was finished in time. I don't imagine Ace being too much different from XP on the back end, but we'll see.

Screenshots should be up tonight if I finish the changes I've been making to the custom message system.

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:05 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

I have an extra copy. And I don't mind giving it away anyway. If you want it please pm me
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
I have an extra copy. And I don't mind giving it away anyway. If you want it please pm me
That would be awesome, thanks. However, I won't mess with it just yet. Not until this actually gets finished and can be ported over to the new program all at once.

Also, I do have some screenshots, but not the assortment I would like for featuring them on the front page. I need to make gifs out of some, shrink them, add more, etc etc, so for now here's a link to my images on ImageShack: http://imageshack.us/user/KitsuneKouta. I may not get around to taking screens of everything for a while, especially since some key features that should be showcased in the screenshots don't even exist yet.

Old April 13th, 2013, 10:04 PM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Well, do you need spirites for chicken, dog, cat, horse and such? I can make or rip some from the game if you need. And some suggestion: please remove the stamina bar. It's rather annoying. And the item system, you could make it look like HM:FoMT. It's better than a guy holding an ax on his head. And if you need a mapper, I'm always here.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Ooooo!!
I love these screenshots. :I

Can't wait for next release.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Well, do you need spirites for chicken, dog, cat, horse and such? I can make or rip some from the game if you need. And some suggestion: please remove the stamina bar. It's rather annoying. And the item system, you could make it look like HM:FoMT. It's better than a guy holding an ax on his head. And if you need a mapper, I'm always here.
Yes, sprites would help a lot actually if you can get them in the SNES style. I also need the cow (but I believe only the side sprites exist in-game. at least, that's all I could find) and a sheep. The sheep will have to come from another game and be re-sprited into the SNES style (One of the old GB games had a sheep that could be used. The FoMT sheep could also be devamped instead).

As for the stamina bar, that can be disabled in the settings. Just open the script editor, go down to the section called Settings, and find a constant with STAMINA_BAR in the name and make it false. It's currently coded to show the stamina bar by default, and tiredness animations if the stamina bar is disabled. However, there are no animations for that yet, so you won't have any indication of your remaining stamina.

The item system has already been partially re-written to be more like FoMT, so you won't hold tools over your head in the next release. It was initially designed to be like HM:MM, however it would require a lot of spriting to show the various tools in the player's hands in a visually appropriate way. Therefore, it will be downgraded to the FoMT style.

@Varion: those screenshots are only a tiny indication of what's in this project. The mountain where you can pick up items to ship in the shipping bin (and the shipping dude who comes and picks them up), the mine where you can dig for coins and stairs as well as break rocks for ores and gems, and the farming system which allows you to grow crops just like in the actual games weren't included in the screenshots just yet, so there's a lot more to love in the project itself.

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

I have one of HMDS. Maybe I can resize it? And for the beach, I want the beach cottage to be unlockable. Can you implement that? Unlockable things like house, seed or tools? And dog disk game too. It's good.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
I have one of HMDS. Maybe I can resize it? And for the beach, I want the beach cottage to be unlockable. Can you implement that? Unlockable things like house, seed or tools? And dog disk game too. It's good.
Whatever works I suppose. I would probably re-sprite it into SNES style though if I can get it to look right. As for extra locations and mini games, those will likely be the last things added if they are. Many of them are too game-specific, especially the festivals. However, the horse race will definitely be included (at least a generic one that people can customize for their game). The other stuff will be extras that may be implemented after all is finished.

As for functionality, I'm re-working how items behave a bit, and have hit a crossroads: should the item system emulate HM 64, HM FoMT, or HM DS? Both in terms of layout and item arrangement. In the first two, items and tools are separated (so empty item slots can't be used for items, and vice versa). In HM DS (and most newer HMs) tools and items share the same bag space, but you still have tools and items in different hand slots. So you can carry one item + one tool and the rucksack holds both items and tools at the same time in the same slots. I'm leaning more towards the last one, but wanted some input on this (and a great many other things, noted in the first post).

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

The HMDS style is a bit suck. And personally I prefer HM64& FoMT style. But other may like ds style. I think you should make it HM FoMT (I assume it's easier) and make one for HMDS but disabled it in the code. So people got many thing to choose from, right? After all, this is a tool kit
Old April 15th, 2013, 03:24 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
The HMDS style is a bit suck. And personally I prefer HM64& FoMT style. But other may like ds style. I think you should make it HM FoMT (I assume it's easier) and make one for HMDS but disabled it in the code. So people got many thing to choose from, right? After all, this is a tool kit :P
Just to be clear, I was not referring to the graphics. The graphics will be in SNES style (or something comparable). I was referring to the way items actually work, where you have your rucksack with 15 slots, 5 of which are available from the start. You would be able to hold both items and tools together, instead of separately. So with 5 slots, you can have any combination of tools and items, instead of only half tools and half items. The actual menu appearance won't look like HM DS or HM FoMT, it would just be the behavior of the menu. Perhaps I should work on it a bit so you can see what I'm talking about. Besides that, specific graphical styles will be up to the user when this is finished. This is merely a functionality suite that users can put there own characters and graphics into, along with their own story, dialogue, events, etc.

Old April 15th, 2013, 04:50 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

I do mean that it should work like HM-FoMT. It has seperate items and tools slot. It's better to manage stuff and it's really nice. Don't have to search across thousands of stuff before get what you want
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
I do mean that it should work like HM-FoMT. It has seperate items and tools slot. It's better to manage stuff and it's really nice. Don't have to search across thousands of stuff before get what you want
Ok, gotcha. I may make both eventually and make it selectable from the settings, to please a variety of fancies. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old April 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Ok. Thanks. And Power Berries, can you make that? Almost every HM game that I play have that. And maker too. Cheese, yarn, canned and stuff like that?
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:28 AM
KitsuneKouta
狐 康太

Quote:
Ok. Thanks. And Power Berries, can you make that? Almost every HM game that I play have that. And maker too. Cheese, yarn, canned and stuff like that?
Power berries have already been implemented, and just need an animation to indicate when they are found. You can dig around the farm, the mine (I think), and fish for one if I remember right. As for the makers, those are very simple and will be on the way eventually.

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:03 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

Fruit trees, maybe? And Jewelery? Acessories?
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:10 AM
romhunter
The Bringer of Light

And can I join this project to work with you?
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Billy--

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to Billy--
It'd be nice to see the affection heart implemented eventually :/ I haven't had time to do much either, anything I can rip for you?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links