The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:03 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
I do no get who any of you are...

<_<

RAINBOW SPADE!

The clue ties to my Sig... Which... Is disaled right now... Damn they are good.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
I'm just paying attention to character names to figure out who people are

ps: I'm ~Genevieve~
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Drago Dragonite
General of the Dragons' Army

Nature: Sassy
I hate the first of April. It is just nonsense and ridiculous, and serves for nothing. I hate the pranks and the funny stuff, they stopped being funny a long time ago.
P.S.-APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
P.P.S.-I'm Drago Dragonite, at least they could have named me ‘Dragonite’

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

HAPPY LAVENDER TOWN DAY...
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
The names and pics change every time you look >.>
It won't even be April Fools here in half an hour and this will still be going...

I'll post as Zayne acknowledging your characters arrival soon Shiny.

-Gimmepie
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User

Nature: Bashful
Just wanna say Kilik's in Zayne's class now.

~ShinyDiamond

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with PinkSapphire
~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; April 1st, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
What a barrage of silliness. Just to make sure, this and the last post towards Niseous and Siiadams was by Batel.
-- Synth
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
So... Anyone can answer my question? It kinda went unnoticed. I'm asking if I can join the RP directly into the top dorm. (It seems unlikely.)

Pairs - -
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Game_sloth
That guy

Nature: Hasty
Should be back to posting normally now that spring break is over and all. If anyone doesn't quite have anything to do, Issac has no idea where he is going.

-Game_Sloth
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Yes Fox you can! Just post your SU and Yellow and Megaman will review it and if they like it you will be in. I hope to RP with you soon!

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:57 PM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Nideous- i'll post as Mana today c: sorry for the delay
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:22 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
I was going to post yesterday, but the April Fools stuff made me just decide it wasn't worth it. Should be today or tomorrow.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.

Nature: Naughty
I was going to wait for Kezius to post before I put up my post for the first class, but as there's no post yet, should I just post a shorter post detailing the start of the class and wait a bit more for Lexi's first post?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Game_sloth
That guy

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
I was going to wait for Kezius to post before I put up my post for the first class, but as there's no post yet, should I just post a shorter post detailing the start of the class and wait a bit more for Lexi's first post?
I asked if he was going to post soon on skype and have yet to hear back. Will have my character in there shortly, but not real sure if Kezius is still in.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I'll post again as Zayne soon. Sorry for the delay guys but I have been trying to work out if I should wait for Yellow or not. Evidently I have decided that I'll just post something acknowledging Killik and interacting with some of the NPC students.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Foxrally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nideous View Post
Yes Fox you can! Just post your SU and Yellow and Megaman will review it and if they like it you will be in. I hope to RP with you soon!
Woot!

Well, here goes.

--------------

Name: Ryan Williams

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance *now brand-new and edited!*: Ryan's appearance greatly reflects his origins and hometown. Having come from the coldest region in Sinnoh, his skin is very light, almost white. His hair is coal-black and frizzy, somewhat similar to his Snover's fur in texture and feel. He is quite tall for his age, measuring around 5"1. This is mainly due to his spindly legs being very long, as all people in Snowpoint city, who have developed strong legs to walk through deep snow. His light blue eyes, very light-reflective, are covered by a pair of equally-coloured glasses.

His attire, as well, shows he comes from a colder area. His coat, made from Mammoswine fur, is brown-coloured and half-sleeved. He rarely ever takes it off, even in hotter areas. This also applies to his scarf, which is literally just a long, blue-coloured cloth he had been given at birth. He wears tough hiking boots and (unoriginality warning) brown pants.

(please don't make me write more, I'm actually sweating right now)

Personality: Ryan is a calm and relaxed, almost half-awake at times, and he is often caught day-dreaming. He respects and cherishes his Pokemon greatly, as they make him succeed in battles. he never pushes them too much, and prefers mental preparation over physical preparation. He often underestimates opponents and tasks, not due to arrogance, but due to his laziness and relaxed habit of doing things. His Pokemon nevertheless always snap him out of his trance, and in seemingly critical situations he can use unique strategies and combat styles to end the battle quickly and smoothly. Rarely gets angry, often sighs and leaves when annoyed.

History: Ryan grew up in Snowpoint town, in the Sinnoh Region. Having close relation with ice-type Pokemon, he was given a baby female Snover (who was born on the same day) at birth, as the tradition goes in Snowpoint. Ryan grew up loving the Snover like a sister, friend, and battling partner as well. She was given an everstone on their 10th birthday, and Ryan got a Pokedex.

Having left off to see the world, the first place Ryan and Snover had gone to was the Unova region, through boat travel. There they met many trainers and battled even more Pokemon, and only attempted to catch a Pokemon once: it was a mothim. The bug-type's battling days was short-lived though. Through the harsh sanstorm trek in route 4, Ryan and Mothim were blown off by the wind, and sent flying. Mothim mabnaged to save the boy by counter-attacking the gust with a whirlwind attack, but the Pokemon itself wasn't as lucky. The wind smacked it onto a ruined rock wall, and as Ryan got up to his feet, he saw the whole wall collapse onto his beloved Pokemon. As he ran to rescue Mothim, when he finally uncovered it, the sight was horrible. The Pokemon's wings were crippled and torn, and it had completely lost the ability o produce any kind of sound. Mothim has recovered now, but has no ability to fly whatsoever. After spending a month in Unova, Ryan and Snover left Mothim at a Pokecenter and left for Hoenn.

In Hoenn, they met a group of travelling gypsies, who were offering to trade pokemon. Not wanting to give away Mothim or Snover, Ryan asked if they could trade with poffins, who were rare in Kanto. After a moment of bargaining, the gypsy accepted to take Ryan's poffin case and a light stone. He got, in exchange, a Vulpix. Vulpix proved to be a great contest partcipant, and won many badges in the region. A year of travelling later, he went back to Sinnoh, and at a holiday with his family in Kanto, he was invited to the Academy.

Pokémon:

Species: Mothim
Personality: Of adamant nature, he is quiet and often prioritizes nobility over safety. He considers his handicap as a mere obstacle he can overcome.
Lvl: 20
Moves:
  • Bug Bite
  • Psybeam
  • Bug Buzz
  • Whirlwind (doesn't deal much damage, but is strong)

Species: Vulpix
Personality: Very young, so less experienced in battle. Prefers contests, and excels at them. Sympathetic and playful, he enjoys playing with Snover and Mothim.
Lvl: 14
Moves:
  • Flamethrower
  • Fire Spin
  • Toxic
  • Will-o-Wisp

Species: Snover
Personality: Loyal and calm, she is very much like Ryan. He is like a brother to her, and she is always seen with him. Beleives herself responsible of Vulpix and Mothim.
Lvl: 30
Moves:
  • Ice Shard
  • Wood Hammer
  • Magical Leaf
  • Powder Snow
  • Avalanche

Pairs - -

Last edited by Foxrally; April 5th, 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Check appearance section, bro.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
ThatWhiteKid
What is this Math~

Nature: Quirky
Hay y'all. Just...gonna...stick this...right here...*grunts to crouch on the floor and slip SU under the door* [/unknowing poet] Also, sorry if it turns out wall-ish. I have an elaboration problem~

Camdyn Garrett Millor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nickname: Cam, Cammy
Sex: Male
Dorm: Suicune
Appearance: Camdyn stands at a rather decent 5' 9", and has the slender build to complement it, much like that of a runner or a swimmer. His head is topped with a mop of crimson hair; the kind of red that looks ruddy from a distance, but grows more vivid and red-violet the closer you get. It falls in long bangs over his forehead and in places dips into his deep amethyst eyes, which have thin shocks of light lavender running through them, creating a sort of kaleidoscope effect. His eyes are big and bright, and they rest at almost a perfect distance from each other and his small, button nose. There is a splash of freckles across said surface, which are darker than his already caramel complexion. His mouth is usually small, with thin lips and pearly white teeth. There is almost an imperceptible gap between his front teeth, but if you look for more than a few seconds you'll see it there. He has high cheekbones, with a slightly thin face and a small, prominent chin.
His shoulders are somewhat close set, and his arms are long, his fingertips reaching halfway down his thighs. His hands are of average size, and his fingers are long and thing, his ring and little fingers slightly cocked inwards and all with slightly bony knuckles. His torso is somewhat long, as are his legs, which also radiate a spidery grace. His feet, however, are unusually large, and he likes to try to conceal the fact. He likes to wear a variety of garments in his wardrobe, but the most common thing he wears on school grounds is a plain short-sleeved t-shirt with a wide, open collar, and three buttons, somewhat like those of a polo, along with skinny jeans and blue/black checker-patterned slip-on shoes.
Personality: Camdyn is a recluse. There's pretty much no other way to put it. He is kind-hearted and quiet, and quite intelligent to boot. Polite and caring, he'll gladly hold open a door or help with a heavy load. The only problem is, the only words you'll get out of him are "you're welcome"; and that's if you're a lucky one. He doesn't know how to go about a conversation, and has to think about every word he says (or doesn't say). He will never start a conversation on his own, and would rather go on in class silently without a pencil instead of asking someone to borrow one. He's uncomfortable when making an effort to talk to someone, but feels he should hold to a conversation for as long as necessary, and as soon as the opportunity comes up, he'll issue a farewell and keep going about his business. The only people he feels comfortable talking to are those he's been exposed to for extended periods of time, like family and close classmates. Books and solitude, knowledge and learning, have become his paradise and coping mechanism, his comfort and solace, and his curtain behind which to hide from the intimidating world.

It's the social interaction that makes him uncomfortable, but he hates that about it; and so he has come out with a low self-confidence, and usually puts others before himself, doubting his own abilities while also trying his best to overcome it. He's smart enough to understand why he feels how he does; he led a sheltered life, and by the lessened interaction, abrasive childhood friends and arrogant peers, he has developed a self-demeaning mindset, yet he can't shake himself of it. He persists enough, though, that he can maintain a good conversation with peers if they so wish and if he finds the topic interesting. He tries harder every day to become more comfortable with those around him, and it's become easier for him with adults and other students who have things in common or are on the same level as him in terms of personality and maturity. And once you get past his wall, he's a lax person with a kind heart. He laughs a lot, and you'll definitely be able to tell that he's comfortable and happy to be around you.
History: Camdyn was born to Moira Millor (nee Bourdone) and her husband, Vincent Garrett Millor, in Canalave City in the Sinnoh region. Moira, owner and manager of the local Pokemart, and Vincent, head librarian at the famous Canalave Library, made enough in wages to more than support their son and give him all he wanted in life. Vincent, despite being a librarian, was the unstructured and clownish parent, spending a lot of time at home reviewing books for the library and teaching Camdyn about the lore and mysteries of Sinnoh. His mother, then, was disciplined but hotheaded, and very loving and protective towards her son. They lived a quiet life, and for his third birthday they got him an Eevee egg, which hatched almost three months after the occasion, being named Olive when the event occured.

Camdyn was homeschooled by his father on the basic topics of Pokémon training, like status conditions and battles, and he and Olive started to train themselves when the former turned 8. They would go out to the docks, and Vincent would ask the fisherman to fish up a catch they could battle earlier in the morning before he went to the library. Olive would succeed in about 3/4 of her battles against the Pokémon, and after three years' time, they would be battling the fishermen themselves. Olive, being feisty, would be angry at her new success ratio of 1:3, and Camdyn asked his father how Olive could become stronger. He said that she could evolve, and knew that there were many ways for her to evolve. After showing her all the possible evolutions Olive made her pick, and Vincent set out with his son to travel to Eterna Forest on foot, since both got nastily seasick very easily.

They first crossed a bridge over to Jubilife City, where they stayed a night at an inn and Camdyn was challenged by local trainers at the school. It went on like this, with a couple close scraps here and there, and they eventually stopped at an inn on the road, near Eterna Forest. They set out in the early morning to find the Mossy Rock, and Olive led the way, being able now to sense the stone's cool aura. After a few hours of trekking through the forest, they found the rock, and the small Eevee started to feel the hype; she started barking and yipping, irritating nearby Pokémon. A Buneary came out and attacked her, and a surprisingly short battle ensued, since Olive soon evolved into a Leafeon. But then a horde of Dustox swarmed, as in the battle the Pokémon knocked themselves into several trees and ground-level nests. Olive seemed overwhelmed and at a strong disadvantage, but soon the tide was turned as a Buizel from the river near Floaroma Town they had befriended showed up. It turned out that the guy had been following them since their encounter, during which they had given him an extra sandwich neither of them had wanted. He pledged his loyalty to Camdyn and his father as best he could and gained the moniker "Jett."

Camdyn's thirst for knowledge grew with age, and three years after the encounter in Eterna Forest, and was invited to join the Pokémon Trainer Academy. His parents were thrilled to learn that he was accepted by the school ("In the top dorm, even! I'm so proud of you, honey!"), and he set off on the next boat out of Canalave, Olive and Jett accompanying him, all three wondering what would be in store during this next stage in their lives together.
Pokémon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Species: Leafeon
Nickname: Olive
Personality: Olive is much like Mrs. Millor; she is hotheaded but kind, and very organized. She can't let anyone interrupt her schedule or plans and she gets mad at anyone who doesn't understand what she intends.
Lvl: 29

Moves:
  • Seed Bomb
  • X-Scissor
  • Iron Tail
  • Swords Dance
  • Tickle
  • Double-Edge (is this okay? Eevee can learn it through move tutor in Gen 3, and I was figuring that's the situation, but if it's not I'll just get rid of it)

Species: Buizel
Nickname: Jett
Personality: Jett is cool-headed and loyal to a tee. He is also a bit of a trickster, and enjoys purposefully messing with Olive's regiment. He can think through any situation, though isn't by any means the brightest crayon in the box.
Lvl: 25

Moves:
  • Aqua Jet
  • Ice Fang
  • Dig
  • Brick Break
  • Double Team

Last edited by ThatWhiteKid; April 4th, 2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Autospacing is weird
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
I'd like to reserve a spot in the Suicine Dorm. I might post on or before Monday.
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Drago Dragonite
General of the Dragons' Army

Nature: Sassy
((Wow, kids of Daniel's age sudden explosion!))

"The world is gigantic, with lots of secrets and mysteries.I understand why you want to explore it. Finding something in the world is like finding a needle in a haystack, but I sweared to protect you until the end of time, so I will always have a way to find you."

HAPPY LAVENDER TOWN DAY...
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Foxrally

So, when are dem megmans coming? I wanna join!

Pairs - -
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Hey yellow, after Kyle and Calvin finish their battle would it be alright if he bumps into Hilda's expedition group? I was wondering cause there is a lot of time left in the IC day and I was planning on just doing some small stuff in town, but it would help get Kyle involved with other characters if he ran into some people.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Nature: Hardy
@Synthet: I thought and did the same thing. =w=

@Foxrally: A character's appearance tends to reflect their personality if they have the money to be choosy or their history if they're poor (Or at least, it should to some degree), and as such is an essential part of any character. For instance, the character Valorie Ryder presents herself in a flattering manner she believes will please others, and this reflects heavily on her personality.

That being said, a picture is worth a thousand words. I almost never write text descriptions unless I'm describing something particularly interesting about a character's appearance in a post. Fact remains though, you need to put a biiiit more work into your appearance section. The good news is that the rest of your app is good to go!

Neither Megaman nor myself will post replies to an app until we've both talked to eachother over it--unless one of us is missing. It's what generally causes these delays, but that process helps to eliminate mistakes.

@ThatWhiteKid: Approved! Welcome to the roleplay.

@Kanea: Very well. You'll have 3 days to get that suicune dorm app in before the reservation expires.

@Colony: Hmm... The reason we don't throw students arriving later in the day into classes is that when too many RPers are thrust into a small area ICly, people wind up waiting too long for everyone else to post and it just drags everything down. That being said, I'm only aware of 2 of students assigned to Hilda's class having showed up. I suppose it couldn't hurt much... You should be warned that I tend to only post once a day at most. Regardless, go ahead.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; April 5th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Foxrally

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
you need to put a biiiit more work into your appearance section.
Well, now I'm depressed.

Jk, i'll edit and try to be as descriptativitious as possible.

Pairs - -
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Nature: Hardy
Gotcha. I'm about to run off and start joint posting for another RP. After that, I'll be back to do activity checks, at which point I will likely become aware of your edits and be able to approve you on the spot. The only real way to get denied on one's appearance is to not have one or try really hard to fail. |D So it shouldn't be a big deal if I don't bother getting a second opinion on it.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Foxrally

Edited. Please tell me its good enough. I am bad at descriptive writing. Please, poetry, hebrew, ancient egyptian, anything but descriptive writing!

Pairs - -
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
ThatWhiteKid
What is this Math~

Nature: Quirky
Hmm...Well, since I'm joining in the middle of first class, and I don't have an assigned one, should I just have Camdyn spend his first day arriving/in town/familiarizing himself with the school/anything? Just asking for advice here as a new player. Thanks~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links