The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I don't think it'll be any more overpowered than say Salamence, and Hydreigon (not saying it'll get Psuedo stats, that'll be insane).

I'm still waiting on a male only Buneary evolution.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebigkaik View Post
I WANT TO SEE MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!
Heh, heh...no. I'm pretty sure especially with Sylveon we have enough Eeveelutions

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I know this is bizarre reasoning but hear me out for a second.

We have Natu, which evolves into Xatu. What if we get an evolution for Xatu this gen called Yatu? (because of Pokemon XY)

Silly reasoning I know but Xatu could do with an evo and Yatu seems like the perfect name.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:33 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Emolga should totally have an evolution
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post

We have Natu, which evolves into Xatu. What if we get an evolution for Xatu this gen called Yatu? (because of Pokemon XY)

Silly reasoning I know but Xatu could do with an evo and Yatu seems like the perfect name.
Lmao that's awesome. But then it wouldn't be version-exclusive because it's an evolution ;_;
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Community Supporter

Xatu isn't a version exclusive...and even if it were Gen IV gave Misdevius, and Murkrow evolutions and they were still version exclusives.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

Again, Pokemon who with base stats over 465 usually don't receive evolutions. Xatu's base stats are around 470, so tough luck. The only thing they can do is make a split evolution, but it'll only outclass Xatu, and we don't want that to happen.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Again, Pokemon who with base stats over 465 usually don't receive evolutions. Xatu's base stats are around 470, so tough luck. The only thing they can do is make a split evolution, but it'll only outclass Xatu, and we don't want that to happen.
Rhydon has 485 base stats and it evolved into Rhyperior. Also Scyther received an evolution and it has 500 base stats. Same with Magmar at 495 and Electabuzz at 490.

Even if you did say usually, there is still a precedence for it happening (more than once even) so it makes your point very weak. Xatu has as much a chance of getting an evolution as Rhydon did.

I'd wager that any pokemon at 500 base stats and under (and which hasn't already evolved twice) could receive an evolution. (although Scyther is a special case because it's base stats didn't increase)

Of course there are pokemon more in need and probably more likely to get an evolution than Xatu...but as we saw with Rhydon you can't really be sure what game freak are thinking.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; April 5th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Community Supporter

The people who only look at the competitive side tend to ruin the fun imo. Not everything is about stats for all fans, some like using weak Pokémon who look cute, or cool. Likewise any Pokémon that hasn't evolved twice, or is a legendary can evolve.

Moving on to another Psychic/Flying Pokémon, how about an evolution for Swoobat? It's the Unova clone of Golbat so it's likely imo.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:48 PM
MarinoKadame

How about a Raticate evolution ? Tentacruel evo would look so badass and why not Electrode too ?

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tbh I don't see any of the regional rodents or the regional two stage birds getting evolutions, though I do desire them.
I'm all for Tentacruel, and Electrode getting evolutions I imagine Tentacruel to be a giant alien looking jellyfish...well more than it is now. Electrode...a Master or an Ultra ball looking thing surrounded by blue crackling electricity due to it's internal electricity overflowing upon evolution. I hope they give it better attack stats, it's already fast so it can become a sweeper.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Quote:
Rhydon has 485 base stats and it evolved into Rhyperior. Also Scyther received an evolution and it has 500 base stats. Same with Magmar at 495 and Electabuzz at 490.

Even if you did say usually, there is still a precedence for it happening (more than once even) so it makes your point very weak. Xatu has as much a chance of getting an evolution as Rhydon did.

I'd wager that any pokemon at 500 base stats and under (and which hasn't already evolved twice) could receive an evolution. (although Scyther is a special case because it's base stats didn't increase)

Of course there are pokemon more in need and probably more likely to get an evolution than Xatu...but as we saw with Rhydon you can't really be sure what game freak are thinking.
Gamefreak doesn't care about Base stat when it comes to who should evolve. It has been discussed before. There are Pokemon that evolve with high base stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
The people who only look at the competitive side tend to ruin the fun imo. Not everything is about stats for all fans, some like using weak Pokémon who look cute, or cool. Likewise any Pokémon that hasn't evolved twice, or is a legendary can evolve.

Moving on to another Psychic/Flying Pokémon, how about an evolution for Swoobat? It's the Unova clone of Golbat so it's likely imo.

Even though its the clone of the Zubat family it already evolves by happiness....so really it be a closer clone to Togepi based on evolution. Base form -> Happiness -> Stage 1 -> (Stone) -> Stage 2.

Only really way I see Swoobat evolving.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Community Supporter

Same here, either by stone, or by trade with some sort of item. I guess they could also have it evolve by location, like in a cave with many waves causing it to mutate/evolve.
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Xatu isn't a version exclusive...and even if it were Gen IV gave Misdevius, and Murkrow evolutions and they were still version exclusives.
Nooo it would be exclusive to X, and Yatu would be exclusive to Y, but having an evolution exclusive to one game would be weird ahaha.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Community Supporter

Oh...well who's to say they'll make it exclusive...and if they make a Yatu why not also make a Zatu which can appear in both X and the third version (which may be Z). I doubt they make evolutions of Xatu or alternates of Natu just due to it's first letter.
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
No one can understand, the pain that's inside

Nature: Gentle
look, we all know bouffalant is the evolution of taorus right? the creators just dont wanna admit that. same with alomomola and luvdisc. All they need to do is to put a new pokemon between these 2 and there you go! a full evolution chain! also, i kinda wanna see a absol and pachirisu pre-evo or evo respectivley.

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by idankingo View Post
look, we all know bouffalant is the evolution of taorus right? the creators just dont wanna admit that. same with alomomola and luvdisc. All they need to do is to put a new pokemon between these 2 and there you go! a full evolution chain! also, i kinda wanna see a absol and pachirisu pre-evo or evo respectivley.
Except buffalos and bulls aren't the same species, which is why they'll never have an evolution connection. The only Pokemon that's related to Tauros is Miltank because both share the same base stats and are both cattle.
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Community Supporter

We should get a pre evolution of the cattle duo to link them rather than some random middle evolution linking two Pokémon that aren't connected beyond one being the regional clone of the other...
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM
pokerex
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
gamefreak shouldn't waste time connecting two pokemon to each other. i would rather see completely new pokemon or new evolutions
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by idankingo View Post
Nope, sorry sir, but you are seriously misguided. Gamefreak has said no Gen 5 is related to any previous Pokemon. So none of those are evolutions to the previous Pokemon. They never will be.

Quote:
Except buffalos and bulls aren't the same species, which is why they'll never have an evolution connection. The only Pokemon that's related to Tauros is Miltank because both share the same base stats and are both cattle.
Miltank and Tauros aren't related. Unlike Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise, you cannot breed one and get the other. They are both based on bovines but neither are related to the other (yet)
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Community Supporter

I feel like they should've made a proper connection... it's almost like Nidoqueen not being able to breed while her counterpart can...they should fix that out of all things.

I wonder if Sableye may get an evolution or a pre evolution that evolves into it later in the movie like Munchlax did in Destiny Deoxys.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
I feel like they should've made a proper connection... it's almost like Nidoqueen not being able to breed while her counterpart can...they should fix that out of all things.

I wonder if Sableye may get an evolution or a pre evolution that evolves into it later in the movie like Munchlax did in Destiny Deoxys.
Nidoqueen is based off how some queens are incapable of having children while the king then sleeps around with others to create heirs.

As for Sableye, watch he'll make an Anime debut in Dekkora and get captured by one of the three characters.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Sabrewulf238

Something I thought of in another thread...

Do you have any pokemon that you'd hate to see get an evolution purely because they already look amazing?

For me I'd hate to see Cofagrigus get an evolution, it just looks perfect already.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Nidoqueen is based off how some queens are incapable of having children while the king then sleeps around with others to create heirs.

As for Sableye, watch he'll make an Anime debut in Dekkora and get captured by one of the three characters.
I get that but why can't her second stage breed either...she's not a queen yet...
Come to think about it perhaps the Milktank not being able to produce any Taurus is based on how farmers prefer to have cows over bulls...

As I said in the other thread, I don't really have any, unless of course they're to give that Pokémon the Purugly treatment, shivers.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:37 PM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Nooo it would be exclusive to X, and Yatu would be exclusive to Y, but having an evolution exclusive to one game would be weird ahaha.
Maybe it could be like Leafeon and Glaceon, where you need to take the Natu to a region exclusive location?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here