• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I feel that the both of you are neglecting it's ability: Pure Power. With that taken into consideration, it's attack power is literally doubled beyond what it is now. Meaning, instead of it being base 60, it's actually base 120 (I hope I'm right on this, but that's what I seem to be getting, anyway). But I do agree that it could improve in other areas, though I don't believe absorbing attacks should be it's role rather than just dishing out powerful attacks as often as it possibly can.

A glass cannon, so to speak. I don't think an evolution would drastically change that role, if change it at all.

Pure power seems a bit silly to me. It would be much better to have the actual stats rather than the ability....which could be shut off by another move/ability.

I wouldn't call Pure power a real benefit, it's more of a crutch for Medicham to lean on.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Let's just finally give Dunsparce and Farfetched the evolutions they deserve

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe the evolution can be faster, and they could give it some more special attack to make it more of a mix attacker (it's attack and special attack are the same when not counting it's ability). Maybe add some more real attack so that it wouldn't rely not it's ability alone, yet not too much (unless they take away pure power) as to not make it overpowered.

Years
For Medicham, it technically doubles the attack stat based on the attack stat itself, not its base stat. To put it in perspective, Azumarill (who has Huge Power which is the same thing) when you determine it's fully invested in Attack and an Adamant nature has about a base 149 Attack stat. That would be its stat if you strip down from its fully invested, then doubled attack stat. Basically, iirc, Medicham's true attack stat with full investment (idk about adamant) has around base 170 attack. So it's all about the stat and nature and not really about the base stat itself (base 100 for Azumarill is not very powerful).

But I agree that Medicham might get an evo, but one with only a tiny bit more attack, and mostly bulk and speed added. That would be so cool to use (but extremely over powered probably).

Years
I don't think it'll be any more overpowered than say Salamence, and Hydreigon (not saying it'll get Psuedo stats, that'll be insane).

I'm still waiting on a male only Buneary evolution.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I know this is bizarre reasoning but hear me out for a second.

We have Natu, which evolves into Xatu. What if we get an evolution for Xatu this gen called Yatu? (because of Pokemon XY)

Silly reasoning I know but Xatu could do with an evo and Yatu seems like the perfect name.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

We have Natu, which evolves into Xatu. What if we get an evolution for Xatu this gen called Yatu? (because of Pokemon XY)

Silly reasoning I know but Xatu could do with an evo and Yatu seems like the perfect name.

Lmao that's awesome. But then it wouldn't be version-exclusive because it's an evolution ;_;

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Again, Pokemon who with base stats over 465 usually don't receive evolutions. Xatu's base stats are around 470, so tough luck. The only thing they can do is make a split evolution, but it'll only outclass Xatu, and we don't want that to happen.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Again, Pokemon who with base stats over 465 usually don't receive evolutions. Xatu's base stats are around 470, so tough luck. The only thing they can do is make a split evolution, but it'll only outclass Xatu, and we don't want that to happen.

Rhydon has 485 base stats and it evolved into Rhyperior. Also Scyther received an evolution and it has 500 base stats. Same with Magmar at 495 and Electabuzz at 490.

Even if you did say usually, there is still a precedence for it happening (more than once even) so it makes your point very weak. Xatu has as much a chance of getting an evolution as Rhydon did.

I'd wager that any pokemon at 500 base stats and under (and which hasn't already evolved twice) could receive an evolution. (although Scyther is a special case because it's base stats didn't increase)

Of course there are pokemon more in need and probably more likely to get an evolution than Xatu...but as we saw with Rhydon you can't really be sure what game freak are thinking.

Last edited:

Years
The people who only look at the competitive side tend to ruin the fun imo. Not everything is about stats for all fans, some like using weak Pokémon who look cute, or cool. Likewise any Pokémon that hasn't evolved twice, or is a legendary can evolve.

Moving on to another Psychic/Flying Pokémon, how about an evolution for Swoobat? It's the Unova clone of Golbat so it's likely imo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
How about a Raticate evolution ? Tentacruel evo would look so badass and why not Electrode too ?

Years
Tbh I don't see any of the regional rodents or the regional two stage birds getting evolutions, though I do desire them.
I'm all for Tentacruel, and Electrode getting evolutions :) I imagine Tentacruel to be a giant alien looking jellyfish...well more than it is now. Electrode...a Master or an Ultra ball looking thing surrounded by blue crackling electricity due to it's internal electricity overflowing upon evolution. I hope they give it better attack stats, it's already fast so it can become a sweeper.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Rhydon has 485 base stats and it evolved into Rhyperior. Also Scyther received an evolution and it has 500 base stats. Same with Magmar at 495 and Electabuzz at 490.

Even if you did say usually, there is still a precedence for it happening (more than once even) so it makes your point very weak. Xatu has as much a chance of getting an evolution as Rhydon did.

I'd wager that any pokemon at 500 base stats and under (and which hasn't already evolved twice) could receive an evolution. (although Scyther is a special case because it's base stats didn't increase)

Of course there are pokemon more in need and probably more likely to get an evolution than Xatu...but as we saw with Rhydon you can't really be sure what game freak are thinking.

Gamefreak doesn't care about Base stat when it comes to who should evolve. It has been discussed before. There are Pokemon that evolve with high base stats.

The people who only look at the competitive side tend to ruin the fun imo. Not everything is about stats for all fans, some like using weak Pokémon who look cute, or cool. Likewise any Pokémon that hasn't evolved twice, or is a legendary can evolve.

Moving on to another Psychic/Flying Pokémon, how about an evolution for Swoobat? It's the Unova clone of Golbat so it's likely imo.

Even though its the clone of the Zubat family it already evolves by happiness....so really it be a closer clone to Togepi based on evolution. Base form -> Happiness -> Stage 1 -> (Stone) -> Stage 2.

Only really way I see Swoobat evolving.

Years
Same here, either by stone, or by trade with some sort of item. I guess they could also have it evolve by location, like in a cave with many waves causing it to mutate/evolve.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Xatu isn't a version exclusive...and even if it were Gen IV gave Misdevius, and Murkrow evolutions and they were still version exclusives.

Nooo it would be exclusive to X, and Yatu would be exclusive to Y, but having an evolution exclusive to one game would be weird ahaha.

Years
Oh...well who's to say they'll make it exclusive...and if they make a Yatu why not also make a Zatu which can appear in both X and the third version (which may be Z). I doubt they make evolutions of Xatu or alternates of Natu just due to it's first letter.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
look, we all know bouffalant is the evolution of taorus right? the creators just dont wanna admit that. same with alomomola and luvdisc. All they need to do is to put a new pokemon between these 2 and there you go! a full evolution chain! also, i kinda wanna see a absol and pachirisu pre-evo or evo respectivley.

Back