< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation E.V. Training help

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread Closed Thread
Old April 5th, 2013 (8:43 PM).
Hi everybody, I've never ev trained any of my pokemon ever. But I think I'm grasping the idea, isn't it when you defeat a certain pokemon that pokemon gives off an E.V. point which ups a certain stat.

I'm thinking of E.V. training my Excadrill in attack, what pokemon should I kill to up his attack stats? And are there other factors I am unaware of? Help!
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.

Gen 6.
Old April 5th, 2013 (9:20 PM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The ideal place to EV train for Attack is Floccesy Ranch; there's a 40% chance you'll encounter Lillipup, a 5% chance to encounter Riolu, a 5% chance to encounter Pidove and a 10% chance to encounter Patrat. All four give Attack EVs.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev Read this guide for more.

Old April 5th, 2013 (9:32 PM).
Eye of the Storm
Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
The same list on Bulbapedia.

Keep in mind that, if you tag an Exp. Share onto someone, that it will also collect EVs from the battle (and the game gives two, plus any you import from another game in the same generation, meaning you can EV train an entire party at once if you want to). This is useful for EV training a Lv.1 Pokémon (which will likely not battle much, at first) as it doesn't have to be on the battlefield to get its training in, but it can be used on any Pokémon; even Lv.100. You can also use certain held items (it's late here, they escape my mind right now) with the Pokémon battling to double the yield. Further, if you are fortunate enough to encounter a Pokémon with Pokérus, you can quickly spread the infection to all Pokémon you own (look up the disease article if you want to know more about it) and thus double the yield any time they EV train (keep in mind Pokérus DOES heal and you want to keep at least one in your PC at all times for future infections once you have it).

If you have an Action Replay, you can use an IV/EV code to check how far along your EV training is. I won't talk about it here as that's something you can look up yourself if you have the device. However, you can set to see the numbers for each Pokémon you're training and thus EV train exactly how you want to.

"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 5th, 2013 (10:16 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal TierEO
Fifth Generation's FAQ also has something on this too :) However, in the future, just ask in either Quick Questions threads, and if you want to ask about what to EV train the Pokemon in, then Competitive Team Questions would be the place to go. Good luck!
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links