Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2276    
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Salamence's dream
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Love this ROM hope the next is even better Giovanni scared me with his pokemon lol
  #2277    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:31 AM
OPSdoesLPs's Avatar
OPSdoesLPs
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to OPSdoesLPs
I just finished playing the game, it was honestly hard, even closer to Blue Kaizo, and I loved the story and how there is gonna be DR 2 and 3. I mostly followed MrsExile's Let's Play of the game and started doing my own, I got relatively aggravated at the game when Adrian's battle came.
I do Pokemon Hack Let's Plays on my channel, come through and check them out if you're interested !

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro
  #2278    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
pokemonmaster42's Avatar
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
ok i got to montage fortress in this hack and um i am at the building where the scientist is suppose to revive your pokemon from the fossil and even though i have the skull fossil everytime the guy asks me if i have a fossil for him he quickly replies with "no? is too bad"


so my main question is what do i do about that?
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All

Last edited by pokemonmaster42; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
  #2279    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
MrFayt's Avatar
MrFayt
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
I must be so blind but what is the base rom for DR
  #2280    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
cheatfreak23's Avatar
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Anywhere, for Ive mastered Walk Through Walls!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Where is the best place to train EVs for Special Attack? I always seem to have the worst luck with Dragon attacks in this game since the only Pokemon of these three with the best Sp Atk still has a low value of it (basing on their fully evolved forms).
  #2281    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamence's dream View Post
Love this ROM hope the next is even better Giovanni scared me with his pokemon lol
If you came to him later in the game then he was just like a fried Sushi for you. Treat him as an Extra side quest for the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster42 View Post
ok i got to montage fortress in this hack and um i am at the building where the scientist is suppose to revive your pokemon from the fossil and even though i have the skull fossil everytime the guy asks me if i have a fossil for him he quickly replies with "no? is too bad"


so my main question is what do i do about that?
Yes that scientist is bugged because there is another person in the hack who revives Pokes not him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFayt View Post
I must be so blind but what is the base rom for DR
The base ROM is FireRed for Pokemon Dark Rising. You could easily spot it on every page if you observe carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
Where is the best place to train EVs for Special Attack? I always seem to have the worst luck with Dragon attacks in this game since the only Pokemon of these three with the best Sp Atk still has a low value of it (basing on their fully evolved forms).
You know my personal experience with the dragons say that they are mainly Physical hitters

Last edited by alienhunterx; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2282    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
cheatfreak23's Avatar
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Anywhere, for Ive mastered Walk Through Walls!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
You know my personal experience with the dragons say that they are mainly Physical hitters
Gen 3's Dragon attacks are all Special based, and with the fact that you start the hack and get the Dragon Fang so early is why I wanted to use moves like Dragonbreath and Dragon Claw so much. However, since Bagon never actually learns Dragonclaw, and I dont want to use Outrage due to the whole 'Leaves the user confused' situation *My luck with fighting through confusion is horrible*, Dragonbreath is really my only choice. Honestly though, if Salamence was able to retain the Rock Head ability from Shelgon, I'd be singing a different tune due to Take Down and Double Edge.
  #2283    
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
Where is the best place to train EVs for Special Attack? I always seem to have the worst luck with Dragon attacks in this game since the only Pokemon of these three with the best Sp Atk still has a low value of it (basing on their fully evolved forms).
Since Pokemon are pretty much randomly placed, it's hard to pinpoint the best EV training place...
You will probably need to read through Pokemon locations and check which ones give Sp.Att EVs and train on them.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2284    
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
pokemonmaster42's Avatar
pokemonmaster42
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
@alienhunterx

ah ok thanks
Ash Ketchum

Pokemon Master for Life

Gotta Catch 'em All
  #2285    
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
PokemonHackUserGba's Avatar
PokemonHackUserGba
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
@darkrisinggirl hey I am new to the world of roms and hacked games and so I was wondering if you can send me a complete file of the 1st dark rising I think it seems amazing and it may be my favorite from the many that I have researched. I want to make my first hacked rom game to be a great and full game , so please if your first version is complete may I play it?

@darkrisinggirl

Thank you so much for sending me the rom, i have a question though. You created this game hack, so this is like the legit real game? haha i have found some all over the place but they freeze or glitch out and stuff. Will this 1 do that?

Last edited by PokemonHackUserGba; April 4th, 2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #2286    
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:34 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonHackUserGba View Post
@darkrisinggirl hey I am new to the world of roms and hacked games and so I was wondering if you can send me a complete file of the 1st dark rising I think it seems amazing and it may be my favorite from the many that I have researched. I want to make my first hacked rom game to be a great and full game , so please if your first version is complete may I play it?

@darkrisinggirl

Thank you so much for sending me the rom, i have a question though. You created this game hack, so this is like the legit real game? haha i have found some all over the place but they freeze or glitch out and stuff. Will this 1 do that?
Man this hack and all others in this web are not officially or through any other means related with Pokemon company
  #2287    
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:57 PM
cheatfreak23's Avatar
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Anywhere, for Ive mastered Walk Through Walls!
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Since Pokemon are pretty much randomly placed, it's hard to pinpoint the best EV training place...
You will probably need to read through Pokemon locations and check which ones give Sp.Att EVs and train on them.
After downloading the Wild PKMN list and going over the EV values, based on what is more common to encounter on the lists, Ive determined that it is impossible to EV train Special Attack until pretty late in the game, which makes my situation even worse since nothing in the first three areas even gives Special ATK EVs.
  #2288    
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonHackUserGba View Post
@darkrisinggirl hey I am new to the world of roms and hacked games and so I was wondering if you can send me a complete file of the 1st dark rising I think it seems amazing and it may be my favorite from the many that I have researched. I want to make my first hacked rom game to be a great and full game , so please if your first version is complete may I play it?
Distributing the ROMs is against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
After downloading the Wild PKMN list and going over the EV values, based on what is more common to encounter on the lists, Ive determined that it is impossible to EV train Special Attack until pretty late in the game, which makes my situation even worse since nothing in the first three areas even gives Special ATK EVs.
Then go for Attack EV training first and Sp.Att as soon as possible after finishing.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2289    
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Hi! I recently finished my review of this hack. It's a bit too long to post here, so I'll just link to it:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...pic/8792665/1/

It also details a number of "tiny" problems that were probably overlooked by the expert hackers who played this, which you might want to fix. That said, I do acknowledge my opinion may only be shared by a "small percentage" of people, despite that being most everyone else I've talked to about this game.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
  #2290    
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
I doubt she has the power to get posts removed just because she disagrees with them, Eelektross.

Anyway, DRG, I personally enjoyed DKHTP's review of this hack and he brought up a LOT of valid criticisms. Yes some of it was kinda sarcastic but that's not going to invalidate what he says. He is entertaining people after all. If you can't accept constructive criticism then I think you need to develop a thicker skin about what people say to you over the internet.

Also, please don't generalise an entire community and think you can control the moderators just because you got offended.
  #2291    
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Ace.'s Avatar
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Actually, you should definitely consider other people's opinions. I mean things you should have done before releasing a beta in the first place was not have a release date at all. This hack could have been done a lot better than it is now in my opinion. Since you made a release date you pressured yourself to release a beta in time without at least fixing the many bugs it had. This hack had potential. Sadly it wasn't fully brought out. And the Physical/Special split does work. If you mean the icons next to the move then no. That's not what the patch does. It applies the Physical/Special split not the icons itself.

[POST DELETED]

^this. Thats exactly what I mean. You can't just make something without everyone saying it's good. Everyone has different opinions. Saying Ruby Destiny is one of the best hacks on pc is an opinion not a fact. (I'm not hating on the ruby destiny series, It's a pretty cool hack). I'm not hating on your hack, it's just that you should take other people's opinions and use that to make your hack better instead of not listening at all and saying your hack is already good enough. I've played Dark Rising enough to know that you have to grind, battle trainers that are overleved, and worst of all there are lots of trainers on every route.

And awards really? Just cause you won awards you go ahead and think that your hack is already the best? NONONONONO.


[POST DELETED]

You saying no one taking your hack seriously is like saying you don't take your hack seriously at all. Sometimes you get positive reviews sometimes you don't. You can't just go on ahead and say "Oh my hack got some awards. I don't need to improve it anymore."
SIMPLE is the new SMART

Last edited by DrFuji; April 6th, 2013 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Replying to deleted posts
  #2292    
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
[POST DELETED]

I really didn't want to post on this thread again, but if you're going to be insulting my work:




Also, as I explained in your very own thread, the icons are not included in the patch as they require free space, and I would rather have the patch be applicable to an edited ROM.

Furthermore, I have completed a hack. You may notice a link to it in my signature. It's not very hard to find. That said, you still should not ignore the advice of non-hackers. It doesn't take a chef to know when the food is terrible.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split

Last edited by DrFuji; April 6th, 2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Replying to deleted post
  #2293    
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
I'm not taking these COMMENTS serious or the criticism (I believe I already said this), but what people always fail to see is that they jump to conclusions and think the creator of their ROM have ultimately forgotten about it. Where that is not always the case, I am very well aware of the errors and bugs and I AM working on them when I am not working on DR2.

Go and say all the critique's you want, but if you have no hacks or didn't even FINISH one, or feel like you can “critique” me because of some errors like I'm not aware and then you say I have an attitude? lol. I'm not wasting my time anymore, the fun is over. I'm not trying to sound like I have an attitude or I'm grouchy, I am only saying.

I'm done posting. I love Pokemon as much as the next person and I love ROM hacking. I want people to play what they love to watch, but last I checked...this getting a little too serious don't ya'll think? Yes, everyone can learn how to script/map/ insert and etc but we are not the ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL creators who make Pokemon (Who get paid by the way. I mean you're lucky anyone posts at all and makes ROM people are willing to play).

I don't feel offended at all thanks very much. I'm just watching everyone else post.

! !
*

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; April 5th, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
  #2294    
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Bela's Avatar
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United States
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
[POST DELETED]

Let's talk about votes. I think the Pokecommunity staff needs to clean house in how it handles these hack competitions. If you take a look at the Hack of the Year 2012 nomination thread, you'll find quite a few suspect accounts voting. Members with only a few posts (in some cases only 1, the one that is voting on these hacks) can be found voting here. This seems like an issue that could be easily resolved if only there was some moderator who did an IP check on accounts like these. Also, you have people who worked on a hack voting for that hack, which I am surprised isn't against the rules.

In essence, I think these competitions are illegitimate. I suspect many others in this community feel the same way--we should do something about it. Now, as how this relates to the matter at hand: citing these awards your hack wins in a competition of questionable legitimacy really means next to nothing.

It is not a measure of a quality hack that you can manage to get enough of your friends (or perhaps outright cheat) to help you win a vote. I think it is a testament to quite the opposite that there are this many people who have made it known they think otherwise.

Darkrisinggirl: It's cute that you keep spamming that image. It appears you are hanging your hat on this point. I won't play this nominal game of accolades with you. For what it's worth, my hack won Second Hack of the Quarter, but you don't see stating this in the face of criticism.

Saying "I won something, I have expert hackers on my side" are both incredibly weak appeals to authority. I've already addressed the "winning something" argument. The "expert hackers" you claim you consulted appear to have been unable to discern flaws in your work that others here have been incredibly kind to point out to you. I can't image how exceedingly arrogant and contemptuous you would have to be to ignore their criticism.

And as for your claim it takes a special person to understand what it takes to "complete" a game, this is just special pleading (really so is claiming you have expert hackers that know better than these other people). And while we're at it, your hack was probably one of the quickest I've ever seen to be "complete". What do you think that tells me about the quality of such a project?

Instead of arguing the merits of your work, you employ the above fallacies instead of actually defending the quality of your hack (which you seem unable to do). Instead, all you seem to be doing is stroking your ego in the face of people you view as beneath you. I really despise such bigotry and am glad others are making it clear they do too.

Just know this: You're making yourself look bad in this community when you react this way to criticism.

Last edited by DrFuji; April 6th, 2013 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Replying to deleted post
  #2295    
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:41 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Alright everybody, tone this thread down. I'd like to redirect all recent repliers to this portion of the Hacks Showcase Rules Thread:

Quote:
Do not comment offensively when criticising a hack.
Don’t show signs of brutality when criticising a hack – no sarcastic comments, flaming, or any other snide comments that may offensive or may lower their self-esteem. Try to be neutral in your commenting.

If you are the hack owner, don’t react harshly to the comments of others – don’t expect constant praise. The criticisms that you receive should be to point out where you need to improve!
Regardless as to whether you believe Dark Rising is a good hack or not please stick to non-trolling/ overly sarcastic responses - Being helpful is far better than being brash.

DarkRisingGirl, please take more care in how you respond to others. You're in charge of this thread so aim to be a good host and respond appropriately rather than flippantly disregarding people because they visit different forums/ have an alternate opinion to you.

The next person to post anything remotely disrespectful to another member here will be infracted. Fair warning.
  #2296    
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Rhetco's Avatar
Rhetco
i dunno man
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Read my above comment. Doesn't matter if I correct my mistakes now or two years from now, I'm correcting the mistakes (unlike some hacks that are just buried and haven't been touch) at least I'm always coming back to mine. Am I wrong? No.
But your above post doesn't answer my question. All it does it confirm what I already said. I wanted to know WHY you consider an unfinished hack to be finished. I didn't ask if you would be fixing it at a later time.

...And something else I feel should be mentioned, is that due to the above post, you have now officially stated that neither Agastya, nor DoesntKnowHowToPlay have made hacks. However, this is untrue, as both of them have made ROM hacks that in my opinion, are of very good quality.


I'm not trying to insult you, or make you look like a bad guy, and I sincerely hope that I'm not coming off as doing so. I just think that you should take a little more time to do some research before you start accusing people of things that you only assume to be true.


[Edit] Alright, after reading your edit, it seems that you think people are getting mad at your hack, and only your hack. Though I haven't read the entire thread, I have a feeling that your attitude towards constructive criticism might be part of why people are getting fed up with you. Some of these people are trying to help you, and give you advice. But if you just ignore them and pretend that their comments don't exist, then people begin to get mad.

Last edited by Rhetco; April 5th, 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: some silly typos
  #2297    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:14 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetco View Post
But your above post doesn't answer my question. All it does it confirm what I already said. I wanted to know WHY you consider an unfinished hack to be finished. I didn't ask if you would be fixing it at a later time.

...And something else I feel should be mentioned, is that due to the above post, you have now officially stated that neither Agastya, nor DoesntKnowHowToPlay have made hacks. However, this is untrue, as both of them have made ROM hacks that in my opinion, are of very good quality.


I'm not trying to insult you, or make you look like a bad guy, and I sincerely hope that I'm not coming off as doing so. I just think that you should take a little more time to do some research before you start accusing people of things that you only assume to be true.


[Edit] Alright, after reading your edit, it seems that you think people are getting mad at your hack, and only your hack. Though I haven't read the entire thread, I have a feeling that your attitude towards constructive criticism might be part of why people are getting fed up with you. Some of these people are trying to help you, and give you advice. But if you just ignore them and pretend that their comments don't exist, then people begin to get mad.

There is no assuming. Agastya claims he's still working on his hack and "still perfecting" when really it's buried and hasn't been touched in two years say the most. No one you name even has a beta but Bela, and Sk3 has a game but no beta not even an Alpha. I call it a finished game because it is, if there are bugs I missed I fix em. End of story.

Look ROM hacking is for my enjoyment (and everyone else's) and I created DR GAMES for fun and enjoyment. Not for competition, but to know there are people who have smiles on they faces when they play.

What people fail to realize is: no matter who the person is, how they act, or what they game is like. People will play the games because they enjoy it. It's people who take ROM HACKING seriously that make hacking not fun. Just saying.
  #2298    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Rhetco's Avatar
Rhetco
i dunno man
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
There is no assuming. Agastya claims he's still working on his hack and "still perfecting" when really it's buried and hasn't been touched in two years say the most.

Well, whatever you say. I tried being reasonable, and tried seeing things from both sides to make it fair, but oh well.

I'm tired and probably going to bed soon, so I'll just let other people work with what I've managed to get out of you.

...But as one last shot at trying to reason with you, I think that even if you are just doing this as a hobby, it doesn't change the fact that you have made your hobby public to the world. If you make things public, then the public expects quality. Not everyone will like everything you make, the same way that you don't like everything that everyone else makes. But I'm going to stop trying now, because I know that you aren't listening to me, and I'm sure that most of this is caused by some sort of ego-complex that you can't really control, and were just born with or whatever.

'night
  #2299    
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:39 AM
chaosrules's Avatar
chaosrules
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetco View Post
But, isn't Dark Rising supposed to be finished? "Finished" would imply that you are satisfied with the final product, and are no longer working on it. But if you are still fixing the game, then doesn't that mean that it isn't finished, like you insist it is?
Firstly, as a gamer, I feel as though I have very good reasons for what I'm going to say.
Buggy finished game? I think you should look at Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II. That's one of the buggy games ever, and is finished.
But then there are modders who fixed a lot of the bugs... Though that isn't really the point. The point of that, from a dev's point of view, bugs or not, a game can be considered finished. Some bugs can be really minor, and get missed. That can happen with major bugs as well. In fact, it has. With many games. Seriously, if you think a buggy game isn't a finished game, nobody will take you seriously...

Personally, I think both sides in this were unreasonably butthurt.
In the first place, you really shouldn't be using sarcasm in a review, because it will cause misunderstandings, and will make you seem unnecessarily harsh. While I'm inclined to agree that DRG did overreact a bit, I also believe everyone else did too.
  #2300    
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
While the most recent posts are still somewhat hostile, I'm going to allow them because they are actually discussing things (to some extent) rather than ridiculing/all out being sarcastic and rude.

Now, I'm going to weigh in, and then that'll be the end of it, and people can go back to posting problems they may be having with the hack, DarkRisingGirl can go back to fixing bugs, and everyone in general can go back to being civil.

Firstly, Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay: You're in every right to post a review you made- it's 100% fair to bring problems to the hacker's attention, since they present their project to the public. Being completely honest, I probably would have raised the exact same points, as I remember them exactly from when I played this hack. But it's unreasonable for you to present it the way you did. You're a total stranger to most of the people here (at least in this thread), and (without putting a spin on this) waltzing in and making a pretty sarcastic post linking to an ABSOLUTELY sarcastic and negative review, is just plain not cool. I will say this: the points that you raise about the hack are justified, but stating them the way you did is not.

I've swung by that forum a couple times and have seen the discussion about some hacks that have been popular here. As already established, generally the members tend to laugh, ridicule and criticise, relatively ruthlessly. Again, I actually agreed with the points you make about the hack, but if you came to stir something up (and the manner in which you posted could suggest this, to be honest), then you're better off not posting at all, frankly.

DarkRisingGirl: in your later posts, you state that hacking is a hobby, not a profession. You're absolutely right. However, when you post something for the public to see, you're giving people the right to criticise your work, and seeing as the internet is.. the internet, that criticism will not always be constructive. Dealing with it the way you did was just... Ugh. And I read your posts- I'm aware you were just trying to get under the skin of those people (by posting awards again and again) while acknowledging their comments about bugs- yeah, don't do that. That's immature, and to be honest it's just dumb. Just quietly and civilly acknowledge the points they make, and move on with it.

I'm going to quote the user above me:
Quote:
In the first place, you really shouldn't be using sarcasm in a review, because it will cause misunderstandings, and will make you seem unnecessarily harsh. While I'm inclined to agree that DRG did overreact a bit, I also believe everyone else did too.
So that's it, show's over, thanks for coming. Let's, maybe, listen to what DrFuji said,
(The next person to post anything remotely disrespectful to another member here will be infracted. Fair warning.), and get back to posting (politely and constructively) about the hack. Should posts continue to be hostile, immature, stupid or all of the above, the thread will be closed as well as infractions being handed out. By all means, if there's something I've said that someone disagrees with, then feel free to take it up with me in VMs, but not here.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.

Last edited by giradialkia; April 6th, 2013 at 06:10 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:35 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.