• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nah, I don't think there'll be any CoroCoro until next week. For now... as far as we know, Pokémon Smash will be the first to reveal huge information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

And this huge information could be alot of stuff, including the revealing of the new region that Pokémon X and Y will be in. I'm probably assuming the region will be somewhere on the north-west coast of France.

Other possible things they would reveal... would be Sylveon's type. Alot of us feel that it's going to be Flying-type or Normal-type, and as much as I wish it would be a brand new type... it might not be a new type. But yeah... it's names (including the ones spoken in other languages) is definitely pointing in the direction of a Flying-type as much as we speak. It's a very high chance that they could reveal Sylveon's type on Pokémon Smash this Sunday.

I do feel as if that new forme of Mewtwo is real, I'm sure it would be confirmed on Pokémon Smash as well, along with gameplay footage of it battling. But it looks so amazing though, I'm hoping it does become a reality and then Mewtwo will regain it's place as having the highest Special Attack than any other non-event Pokémon, just as it used to be before White Kyurem took it's place.

I'm also assuming they'll reveal one or two new Pokémon that will appear in the game, either it will be pre-evolutions or evolutions of older Pokémon or they'll be entirely new Pokémon altogether.

We'll just have to watch Pokémon Smash to see what they reveal, I'm so excited! x3

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I meant do you guys think that the info we get tomorrow will be repeated in Coro-Coro or will coro have some fresh news.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Honestly, we're still pretty early as far as getting any info is concerned, even if it is April. I remember mentioned before that we still have the summer as well as some of Fall ahead of us before we finally get our hands on the games, so I expect something substantial to pop up during the summertime probably, but most likely not now.

Yeah, and I'd prefer small teases anyway. If they reveal a couple of Pokémon and new information every so often it will keep fans excited and avidly speculating about what's to come. If they give us heaps of info so soon, the excitement will die a bit over the summertime.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Does Pokémon Smash air at 11pm GMT/7pm EST?

I think so! I'm more interested to see what'll come today, given that the big announcement/reveal is meant to be "today" internationally (I guess....?) sooo it'd be in the next few hours maybe, and therefore couldn't be Smash?? /hoping for double up of information lmao

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Anyone want to play a guessing game for the new pokemon? Just to see how many get it right.

What will it's primary (most obvious) colour be?
If the type is revealed, what type will it be?
Will it be based on an animal or an inanimate object?
Will it be an evolution of an older pokemon, pre evolution of an older pokemon or a completely new pokemon?
If it's a completely new pokemon, will it be announced on it's own or will it's relatives also be announced?
If it's weight and height is revealed, what will they be?
Will it stand on four legs, two legs or no legs?

My answers:

What will it's primary (most obvious) colour be? White
If the type is revealed, what type will it be? Normal
Will it be based on an animal or an inanimate object? Animal
Will it be an evolution of an older pokemon, pre evolution of an older pokemon or a completely new pokemon? New pokemon
If it's a completely new pokemon, will it be announced on it's own or will it's relatives also be announced? On it's own
If it's weight and height is revealed, what will they be? 22lbs and 1'05"
Will it stand on four legs, two legs or no legs? four legs

Feel free to add your own questions you think are relevant.

I'm being very safe and saying this reveal will probably be the regional rodent, be white and normal type and be small and fairly cute.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm hoping we get more than just a few tidbits of information, but rather maybe one or two Pokemon silhouettes/reveals, maybe a new gameplay trailer of some sort and whatever else won't reveal all too much about the game but will somewhat satisfy our near insatiable hunger for X/Y spoilers. :P

blue

gucci
Years
I hope to see a Sableye evolution this generation, idk with Sableye being a part of the upcoming movie I feel as if it's about the right time to add on a new evolution to it's line.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I doubt we'll be getting info on the transfer this early on. I imagine if they are going to show it it'll be in September or right before the release in October.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
All of the info we have received from CoroCoro has been posted either on the Main Pokemon Site first or airs on Smash. Barely anything relating to Generation 6 has been different between the three sources. Even with Sylveon. We got Main Site Info, CoroCoro and then Smash in which case Smash showed us only what we already knew. Same has happened in reverse when Smash first aired Pokemon X and Y info before CoroCoro after the International news segment.

I'm not comparing this to what happened with Black and White. I'm not comparing this to what happened with Black 2 and White 2. So far, all three medias give us the exact same info as far as Pokemon X and Y are concerned and none of the three have ever introduced information that was not shared with the other two.

Therefore what ever airs on Smash will be the highlight of CoroCoro Next week. Likewise all the info we get added to Pokemon.com is going to be the bulk of the info we get in CoroCoro. Since the info is so close together this go round, CoroCoro may not even have any news on X and Y at all.

Like Shining Celebi says, there may be another info drought after this Saturday's info depends on how big it is.

Ok, i can see your point there. As for today's reveal i feel like it will include one of the things i stated before or it will have a sableye evolution like stated and or it will have an evolution to a previous pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'll see if My Nintendo News will be able to make an article of the new XY info from Smash rather than finding out from PC.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Thank you for that :)

Now to wait 4 hours until it starts...and an extra 28 or so minutes for the reveal as it'll proably be at the end like all the previous reveals.
I'm hoping that if what they're revealing isn't a forme of Mewtwo it'll be the cute legendary of this generation.

Years
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

Notice the two spots below Mewtwo.

They look similar to the spots below Genesect.

I think we're getting two new Mewtwo formes.

Also this image was just posted on /vp/

1365273181995.png

though the OP there didn't post a source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back