Okay, I've tried many, many times to put a trainer battle in the game I'm working on by putting the trainer in both the trainertypes and trainers file, but whenever I run the script, it always acts like I hadn't put the trainer in the trainers file at all. I've tried multiple solutions, but when I run it in debug mode it acts like the trainer isn't there at all, and when I run it out of debug mode, I get a similar error, which I guess I'll have to type out because the site won't let me post an external image:
Script 'interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occured
This is really annoying me since I know that there must be a simple explanation, but I've spend hours trying to work it out without seeing it.
P.S. Here's the trainer in the trainers file (I tried the script as 5,5 instead of 5, but no luck):
If the answer is super obvious and I'm an idiot for not figuring it out, please don't be mean about it, I've spent around an hour searching for the answer in posts already, and I'm really, really new to coding.
EDIT: I changed the rival's name to something less complicated, but it still acts like the rival isn't scripted in. Curses.
Last edited by Wannabe God; April 5th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Yeah, I saved the changes. I haven't checked the actual error yet since I was testing in debug mode which only tells me that the trainer mentioned doesn't exist, but I'll see what happens if I test in in game mode now.
Edit: here's the error:
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.