The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Spherical Ice

interesting theory. maybe this is a cloned attempt of mew done by team plasma? does that maybe mean team plasma are appearing in x & y? I think Colress has a lot of untapped potential, maybe he's involved? aaaaah get hyped
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I mentioned something similar in another thread. That idea wouldn't be all that shocking as fusing two of the powerhouse legends should lead to the Ultimate Pokémon.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
I do remember many arguments over whether the Kyurem formes were new Pokémon or just formes. And I believe some of the early official tweets about them referred to them as "new Pokémon," so there is still a chance this guy could be a new Pokémon OR a new forme. The international website is just being vague right now.
They refer to all forms as new Pokemon. But this time they make it sound as if the new Mew thing is related to, but not part of Mewtwo.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
How long did it take for them to reveal the names of the two mascot legendaries and Sylveon?
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I want so much this to be a new Mewtwo form, because then it means they're dedicating special attention to the KING to bring it back to the top of the Pokémon food chain!

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
Between this, Sylveon, and the starters, I see little hope for this generation.
I actually thought this gen was better than Gen V, honestly.

Maybe it's because I got my rose-tinted glasses in the repair shop, but anyways.

could you ····ing not
·
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I mentioned something similar in another thread. That idea wouldn't be all that shocking as fusing two of the powerhouse legends should lead to the Ultimate Pokémon.
that picture was more insinuating that this new mewtwo was engineered to be a weapon just like genesect, but I guess fusion is plausible too though I'd prefer the first one.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They refer to all forms as new Pokemon. But this time they make it sound as if the new Mew thing is related to, but not part of Mewtwo.
Maybe they'll distribute a new Mewtwo with the movie that will unlock this new Pokémon in the new games?

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Well consid'ring that Mew and Mewtwo are basically the same Pokémon except in different formes, I would say that this is the same - very related in origin but different Pokémon altogether.

could you ····ing not
·
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:55 PM

So far the Pokémon haven't disappointed unlike Unova with Trubish.

It seems Gf is going to keep us guessing on almost everything until the game...it makes me look forward to the games even more so I'm guessing that's what they're aiming for
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I didn't think that poster leak was real until now, or if I'd even like it. But after seeing the footage, I've grown attached.

Still unsure if it's Mewthree or Mewtwo's Awakening Form though. It does seem to be treated as a brand new Pokemon rather than a new form, so Mewthree is the most obvious of the two. Though they could be covering that detail up that it's a new form, as it does seem to be appearing in the new movie, according to that poster. Both are really good possibilities.

IMO, this also pretty much confirms the genetics theme of X/Y. The evil team of the game could've experimented on Mewtwo, giving him this form, or cloned Mewthree from him.

For the mascots and Sylveon it was the next day I believe...so it may be tomorrow at the earliest.
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
So far the Pokémon haven't disappointed unlike Unova with Trubish.

It seems Gf is going to keep us guessing on almost everything until the game...it makes me look forward to the games even more so I'm guessing that's what they're aiming for ^_^
they've got us right where they want us to keep us occupied until october. and i love them for it <3
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Problem is that it looks too similar to Mewtwo. The facial features, the headtail, they scream alternate forme to me, not a new Pokémon.

I'll like it if it turns out to be Mewthree, but IMO Mewtwo is the KING and deserves a new form, considering other powerhouses have other formes too. Breaking paradigms, I'd say.

Besides, it's just a new forme. If you're one of those genwunners, you can keep your Mewtwo in original forme and use that instead. Depending on what they do with the stat spread, the original might be even more efficient in combat. Therian Thundurus is worse than Incarnate Thundurus.

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Seems good to me.
So many people on facebook don't like it, I don't see why though.
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Well, I had my hopes up and now they've deflated like a balloon. I never liked Mewtwo in the first place and this thing... eggplant toes and an enormous head? I guess it's not that bad... it's simplistic, and I at least like that. Also its eyes look really cool. But like someone mentioned above, this Mewtwo-like thing indicates that X and Y is going to be about genetics (even though you probably could have guessed lol) which I totally love. Still have a lot of hope and optimism towards Gen 6 because I adore Sylveon, really like the starters, and am impressed with the legendaries.
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

Sylveon's japanese name was released the same day it was released in Corcoro Magazine.
The english name then came within a week.

Coming soon...
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Problem is that it looks too similar to Mewtwo. The facial features, the headtail, they scream alternate forme to me, not a new Pokémon.
what is nidoran f and nidoran m

what is mew and mewtwo

what is volbeat and illumise

i dont think we have patterns to go off of here, i don't think we can sanely conclude whether or not it is a new pokémon to be honest.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:08 PM
The Sly Fox

Not sure how I feel about this one tbh. I really hope its not a form of Mewtwo. If its not a form of Mewtwo, I think ill like it. I dont see a purpose for adding a new form to an original Pokemon :/

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Yup, saw the video. It looks pretty awesome!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
It kind of looks like Super Buu, in case anyone gets that reference. In that sense, it looks super freaking cool. xD
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM

Great another Person who doesn't hate it

The movie site had two shapes below Mewtwo...so may we have yet another forme to see? Maybe they've saved the other one for reveal in Corocoro. Hopefully they'll elaborate on what this Pokémon really is, though I doubt it given they didn't elaborate on the starters, Mascots, and Sylveon beyond what was already revealed except for their weight, and height.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
On the bright side it looks a lot better like this than the scans made out.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

It's probably just another Mewtwo form. Cause, i mean,Mewtwo's Awakening doesn't sound like it has anything to do with a 'Mewthree' in it. And i don't know why people are hating it, just because it's not in gen I (an original pokemon)...i hate genwunners. All generations have their ups and downs! I think it actually looks pretty cool

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
aaaand the humor is rolling in.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links