The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
Charzar
Fire Dragon

Multi type, flying and ghost is my guess!
Old March 29th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I find a multi-type Eevee a bit unlikely since they've been singly typed since Pokemon began and Im thinking they may continue that, but who knows.
Old March 29th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
Tititienne
Psychic

Nature: Brave
Personally, I think Sylveon is going to be a dragon-type. Why ? Simply because nothing else seems to fit: it can't be water-, electric-, fire-, psychic-, dark-, ice-, or grass-type because of the previous Eeveelutions. This leaves ghost-, normal-, flying-, ground-, steel-, rock-, normal-, bug-, poison-, and dragon-type. Out of those types, the only ones I think can fit with Sylveon are ghost, normal and dragon (no, he won't use its ribbons as propellers...).

Y
Lucrece (5343 8620 4124)
Black 2
Halle (4814 6931 9605)
White
Fenn (2022 9296 5058)
Old April 6th, 2013 (01:44 AM). Edited April 6th, 2013 by Andrew13112001.
Andrew13112001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodge View Post
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.
If there would be a magic type,then Mismagius would get to be Ghost-Magic,as the name suggest ,,misMAGIUS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno7453 View Post
We need Sylveon to be a Steel type Pokémon!
I don't like the idea,but this is possible.The name ,,Sylveon" ressembles with ,,silver".And steel types are silver.
Old April 6th, 2013 (02:04 AM).
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
I'm not getting a flying type vibe from it. It looks either Psychic or Normal type, but since Eevee is normal and Espeon is Psychic it could possibly be a Pokémon of a new type or maybe even one that changes its typing, due to its mystical appearance. Then again it could be a Dragon type, although the only thing that seems to suggest it is Dragon type is its colour.

Old April 6th, 2013 (03:04 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew13112001 View Post
If there would be a magic type,then Mismagius would get to be Ghost-Magic,as the name suggest ,,misMAGIUS"

I don't like the idea,but this is possible.The name ,,Sylveon" ressembles with ,,silver".And steel types are silver.
But it'd only really relate to steel if it were Silveon rather than Sylveon :x
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:27 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
I'm not getting a flying type vibe from it. It looks either Psychic or Normal type, but since Eevee is normal and Espeon is Psychic it could possibly be a Pokémon of a new type or maybe even one that changes its typing, due to its mystical appearance. Then again it could be a Dragon type, although the only thing that seems to suggest it is Dragon type is its colour.
Or it could be Ghost type. Think about it.

Sorry, but I might become a sore winner if I'm right on this. :D

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm betting on it being either Dragon,Flying or Ghost as those three make the most sense at this point.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:44 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm betting on it being either Dragon,Flying or Ghost as those three make the most sense at this point.
Given that's about 90% of the opinion, I'd say you'll win with one of those three. What's your one pick, however?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (09:48 AM).
Community Supporter

I personally want Dragon, and think it'll end up being Dragon in the end, second is Ghost, and third is Flying.
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:25 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont see what about it makes it Dragon type, it dosent seem to even remotely resemble one. Im just not seeing it be Dragon type. I still think there is a high possibility of a new type.
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
Community Supporter

Well Altaria barely looks anything like a Dragon, perhaps it's that kind of thing. I just feel like it's going to be Dragon...
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I don't think it will be long until we find out it's typing, I'd still say Normal, Bug or Flying judging from the appearance.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I can see the possibility of Bug type. Definitely the eyes again, though they gave me the Ghost vibe immediately.

Cyclone

Old April 6th, 2013 (12:49 PM). Edited April 6th, 2013 by Khrysta.
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
I dont see what about it makes it Dragon type, it dosent seem to even remotely resemble one. Im just not seeing it be Dragon type. I still think there is a high possibility of a new type.
The thing that makes it Dragon is the same that people see make it Flying or Ghost. Its what each individual opinion makes of it. I see it as Dragon too, I don't see how it can be a Flying type or Ghost type. If anything its body screams Normal type and almost no one wants that.

As for new types, I don't see it happening. Light comes up every generation since Gen 2. If it doesn't show it'll be 4 generations where it was rumored to exist but didn't. Sooner or later fans will give up on adding it and then Gamefreak will add it.

For me Normal based on Body, Dragon based on coincidence. Flying/Ghost based on how popular those types are being seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I don't think it will be long until we find out it's typing, I'd still say Normal, Bug or Flying judging from the appearance.
July is earliest possible reveal so there is still a bit of a wait. We have the Movie date to tie us over with a possible date. I've said this before it we get it earlier than that then we are lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I can see the possibility of Bug type. Definitely the eyes again, though they gave me the Ghost vibe immediately.

Cyclone
Sylveon's Eyes are the same design as all the Eevee Evolutions except for Umbreon's. The only difference is the color. If Sylveon's Eyes are soulless then so are Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon's. The only big difference between them is color. Jolt, Vap, Flare all have the same black colored eyes. Espe has purple eyes, Glace has blue eyes, just darker than Sylveon's, and Leaf has Brown eyes. Other than that same design. Their eyes are also pretty bad to go on for a possible type. Only Venonat and Butterfree have traditional bug eyes from memory. Everything else has Cartoon humany eyes.
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
Community Supporter

I still think/hope we'll get it's typing some time before July, maybe June? And the reveal of the evolution method in the movie in July.
Old April 6th, 2013 (01:18 PM).
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Nature: Jolly
I think it will most likely be Normal. It's just so pink and cute like Jigglypuff and Snubbull. It doesn't look like it could fly and it doesn't really look like a dragon either. It also looks like its weak to fighting (like the Normal type).
Old April 6th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichuRules4ever View Post
I think it will most likely be Normal. It's just so pink and cute like Jigglypuff and Snubbull. It doesn't look like it could fly and it doesn't really look like a dragon either. It also looks like its weak to fighting (like the Normal type).
Without knowing its type there is no way to know what its weak too though...so how can it look weak to fighting? XD
Old April 6th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Without knowing its type there is no way to know what its weak too though...so how can it look weak to fighting? XD
Exactly! Something that cute and adorable can't be weak to fighting, which is why I'm guessing it'll be Flying.

Old April 6th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
GUYS!!!

THE PAGE JUST UPDATED AND NOW SYLVEON'S DATA IS ALL PINK!

NEW TYPE? I THINK SO!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/

eveything is happening at once
Old April 6th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
KJPokemon

Nature: Calm
Calling it now I don't think it will be a new type and I don't think we'll ever get new types again which I'm fine with. That being said, between starters, mascots, mewthree, and sylveon, sylveon is my least favorite but it is a lot better than lots of other pokemon we have.
Old April 6th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
GUYS!!!

THE PAGE JUST UPDATED AND NOW SYLVEON'S DATA IS ALL PINK!

NEW TYPE? I THINK SO!
Or maybe something to do with the gender (female).
The colors, those "ribbons"... it's all girl-ish. hmm...
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:22 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Notice type still says "???". So, no.

Cyclone

Old April 6th, 2013 (06:25 PM).
Community Supporter

The Psychic type is Pink, and I doubt it's Psychic as we already have Espeon so the color means nothing to regards of what type it is, it's probably due to Sylveon being...well pink.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
The Psychic type is Pink, and I doubt it's Psychic as we already have Espeon so the color means nothing to regards of what type it is, it's probably due to Sylveon being...well pink.
Well it's not the same Pink color if you look at it.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links