The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:56 PM
allBlue
legendary cake lover

Nature: Quiet
IMO, its a female mewtwo.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
what is nidoran f and nidoran m

what is mew and mewtwo

what is volbeat and illumise

i dont think we have patterns to go off of here, i don't think we can sanely conclude whether or not it is a new pokémon to be honest.
There's way more difference between Mew and Mewtwo than there is between Mewtwo and the new Pokémon.

Nidorans and Volbeat/Illumise aren't a good argument since they're gender-related counterparts.

It's not a matter of patterns, but common sense. All of Deoxys' formes are substantially different from each other, yet you can still recognize each forme as Deoxys, because each has a few of Deoxys' distinguishing features.

Moreover, the new movie is going to star Mewtwo, and not a completely new Pokémon as previous movies have.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Spherical Ice

...yeah but still, look at the actual website
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Gameb0y
Pokemon Trainer Since '98

Nature: Relaxed
The official website is leaning more toward the direction of it being a new pokemon rather than a form

I wish neither was real though...but if it is indeed a new pokemon and not a form, I can bet that this is another clone of Mew
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:14 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
Don't particularly like it, and whether it's a new form or a new pokemon entirely doesn't do much to change my mind on that. Doubt I'd actually ever use it anyways. Hoping the reveal wasn't the leaked poster, but hey, still a lot of unknowns left.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I'm going to have to stop gloating now. I called Formes.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
umm.... well, I can't say Im gonna be happy if it happens to be a new Forme of Mewtwo. if it isn't, then I'm interested in what it is. it looks a lot like a palette swapped Zoroark to me, though.

White FC (♀Touko):4255 - 4402 - 9025
White 2 FC (
♀Mei):0940 - 0478 - 9833

Old April 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
KJPokemon

Nature: Calm
There are a lot of people hating on it. Honestly I'm kind of close to being a "Gen Wunner." Gens 1 and 2 were my favorite and I've been playing the games since around gen 1 came out and a lot of the newer things didn't appeal to me even though I still enjoyed every game. But I actually really like this. I think it's just a new form. Not an evo/prevo and I don't think it will be called mewthree...that's lame. But I do like the design and it's better than a lot of the legendaries they've given us *cough Arceus cough Regi's cough manaphy cough*
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
This new Mewthree/ Mewtwo forme thing sure is interesting. I have mixed thoughts on it. If it's not a new form then I think I'll like it. At the moment being treated like a completely new Pokemon so if it really is then I'll be ok with that. If it's a new form of Mewtwo then that's kind of disappointing. I don't think Mewtwo really needs a new form , especially if the said form doesn't change Mewtwo's stats or anything. I just hate how Gamefreak now thinks every legendary Pokemon needs forms for no reason.If it is a new form and it's not any better than Mewtwo then I'll be disappointed. It will be just like Keldeo's new form or the Kami trios's new form. I also realized that complaining about the new Mewtwo form/Mewthree thing puts me in the same group as the people who complain about every new Pokemon that's released. Still have mixed feelings on it but still people that do that bother me. I just don't know what to say anymore.Maybe it will grow on me. It's sort of cool, but still sort of odd. The official artwork does make it look better than that scan of the poster, I'll give it that.

Hopefully the new movie explains thing a bit more. Like maybe Mewtwo is cloned (by Team Plasma??) like Mew was and the clone is this thing? Anything seems possible to me.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned

Nature: Brave
I have no idea why but "Mewthree" reminds me of Dragon Ball Z...o.o

Anyways, i think its mew and mewtwo merged, since hes a little smaller than mewtwo and he is pink and has a mewtwo tail and face.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
I have no idea why but "Mewthree" reminds me of Dragon Ball Z...o.o
Exactly what I was thinking.

I hope it is a new Pokemon rather than a forme, we have too many of those.
My first thought when I saw it was maybe some scientists got some more Mew DNA and made this one, and it's another attempt at making the ultimate Pokemon.

I think it would be cool if Giovanni returns, but good, or with a new evil team. It would be awesome if he helped you during the game, or being the leader of a new group. I just have a feeling Giovanni will show up in the games with a significant role.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
bookishangel

Nature: Gentle
Personally I'm okay with it's design. Although I've also seen a lot of people say that they're quitting pokemon because of it.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
aaaand the humor is rolling in.
Spoiler:
OMG, I WISH THAT WAS REAL NOW.

I should go back and find all of my predictions for X/Y. I believe I called Formes of Mewtwo recently (which appears to be wrong), my guesses for starter evolution types and sub-types (unconfirmed), maybe guesses for the X/Y legends (don't recall), guesses on Sylveon (most discussed ATM), and for genetics to be the theme in X/Y (using the male and female X/Y example).

So far I'm 1/2. I can accept that.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Old April 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
...yeah but still, look at the actual website
I heard someone in the other thread say that new formes have been called "new Pokémon" in the past.

Besides, every new Pokémon up until now has had its name released at the same time as its shape. Considering what the site says, I can't be so sure, but I'm still pretty sure that this is an alternate Mewtwo forme, considering it's the star of the next movie and all the recognizable body features as well as body color (except for eye color) are the same as Mewtwo's. Mew itself is a more pinkish color while Mewtwo is light purple.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
At first I thought I'd be really hateful against this. I am currently surprised I'm not. This looks much better than I thought it would and even though I'd hate it being a new form, it seems to be treated as a new Pokemon entirely. As long as it's not actually named "Mewthree" I'm ok with it.

Still, looking at this... they might fix up a few evolution-less Pokemon that people have begged for. It certainly makes the possibilities allot higher, since they are obviously referencing Gen 1 already.

I'd like to see where this leads.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

I feel like this discussion of what this "new Pokémon" is, is going to become like the speculation of the Mascots and Sylveon typing's, we'll be going back and forth for awhile until we get some confirmation.
Interestingly enough the official site also says that the Legend of Mewtwo continues...not the Legend of Mew as it should be considering it's the original.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:26 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I saw this rough translation on the Sylveon page.

Quote:
"Simultaneous screenings, and short" published July 13, 2013 (Saturday), "awakening genome Mewtwo sect of Godspeed" Pocket Monsters Best Wishes The Movie "", the new Pokemon "Pikachu and Eevee ☆ Friends Ninfia" appears !

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Silversnk

I like the design, it's very cool, I just hope it's a new Pokémon and not a Mewtwo form.
Mewtwo is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I'd hate if someone just added a new form this late on the series.
I also don't like the idea of Pokémon being genetically altered, or made by humans. (It's almost a fact that it's science-made though :/)

"As long as it's not actually named "Mewthree" I'm ok with it." <---This!

Edit:

The official Pokémon website says, “It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokémon has some sort connection with the legendary Mewtwo.”
So it's almost certain it's not a new form and makes me feel so good in some way that maybe Mew's mysteries are important again

My deviantART:
~Sirveru-kun
Please forgive my horrible english as it's not my primary language.

Last edited by Silversnk; April 6th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:51 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversnk View Post
"As long as it's not actually named "Mewthree" I'm ok with it." <---This!
Maybe we need to edit the thread title "MEWTHREE CONFIRMED".

Cyclone

Old April 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Forever

Seriously? :( I really dislike the Mewtwo design ;_; Actually it isn't that bad it only looks weird in-game. XD; I'll get used to it. :3
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
Whaaat? I was thinking the exact opposite- I didn't like its design much until I saw it in action. Although that's how I am with a lot of 'mon. xD;

I'm honestly hoping it's not a form, guys. I don't see how they're going to fit that into anything. I could see a new clone, though- another attempt at Mew or an attempt at cloning Mewtwo (for whatever reason). I guess whatever it ends up being, though... I want a really good story behind it. :D
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Hmmm, I like the design but they are making it come off as a new Pokemon rather than a forme or evolution (or whatever else), which only confuses me tbh.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Khrysta

Going out on a limb now. Ok so Canonly Mewtwo destroyed the place he was created, both in the games and in the anime, so majority of the data has been erased.

What is Newtwo (saw someone call the new Mewtwo thing this), is another Clone of Mew and not Mewtwo?

What ever evil team tried to reinvent the data used to create Mewtwo, but because most of it was destroyed they had to constantly test and tweak the clones. All of them until recently failed.

Now, the Newtwo was created, but since the original data was destroyed he came out different than Mewtwo. Hence why they share the same color scheme, but have different body types. Who ever was incharge attempted to create another ultimate life form.

I can honestly see this Newtwo having stats between Mew and Mewtwo (between 600 and 680). If not a carbon copy of either Mew or Mewtwo. If Mew copy, then it would either have a seperate stat distribution instead of straight 100's. If Mewtwo then it could be higher in defense and lower in attacks. It looks more sleek and speedy too.

Same experiments don't always yield the same exact results. I'm thinking this is a new Mew Clone in an attempt to correct the mistake made with Mewtwo.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
H.Vega
Johto Wanderer...

I think it's pretty neat. I was just on vp and they changed their pokemon board name to RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD. There's a lot of butthurt going on there right now.

I think it's a forme. One, it replaces mewtwo on the movie poster, and two, pokemon.com said the same thing about kyurem's new formes.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

It's not confirmed to be a form and I don't want it to be a form. Or an evolution. I just want it to be genetically linked to Mew and Mewtwo. AND HAVE A GOOD STORY.

@Xander YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT

Also we're supposed to get some more info on Mewbuu on the 18th at the end of the Episode N finale. I guess it's going to tie into the July 13th movie with Genesect. :3

Sponsored Links