• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
At least QUOTE who are you helping...
Otherwise it's just random SPAM with no exact help...
Exactly, I didn't know who I was being referred to.

Hello man,its obvious i tried that but there's something like an invincible wall and doesnt let me through..i even used wallhack to get to the city but nothing happens since its an event and i have to resume it..i use MYboy on galaxy s2..dunno what to do help?
All I know is it worked for me, don't know why it wouldn't work. Unless you have an outdated version? Maybe the blockade is saying this part isn't completed for play yet!

Head back to Bramboch Pokémon Center, save in-game, redownload from the first post here, and repatch (use a CLEAN Ruby, not the existing patch). Reload (from a save, loading the ROM fresh, not a save state), exit the building, and try going to Esmerelda again.

If that still doesn't work, I might want to see a save state.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
Oi, first of all, great hack, just started it but I can already tell why it is the best of the year.
Anyway, I have a question if you don't mind: Does Glaceon appear in this game? I know it cannot be evolved from Evee due the 5 evolution limit thingy, but does it show up in the wild?
I know this has been asked before too, I looked through the topic, though I wasn't able to spot a clear answer, and some claimed it is available and some don't, so I'm confused now, yay! Thanks~

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Our'm a long time away from this forum,
and when I got back to my great surprise
win the best game of the year,
it really excites me too

many people come up to me
for help and some resources,
I really do not have time to answer all,
but starting today to help the creators of Pokemon games
I will be releasing for free use of all graphics POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM, who want to use anything but shall state clearly in their credits that the graph was taken from this game, of course not attempt to merge graphics and copy everything.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Cool wesley
if i use your tiles i will be sure to credit you

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oi, first of all, great hack, just started it but I can already tell why it is the best of the year.
Anyway, I have a question if you don't mind: Does Glaceon appear in this game? I know it cannot be evolved from Evee due the 5 evolution limit thingy, but does it show up in the wild?
I know this has been asked before too, I looked through the topic, though I wasn't able to spot a clear answer, and some claimed it is available and some don't, so I'm confused now, yay! Thanks~
No. Glaceon and Leafeon use evolution methods that do not exist in Generation III, and are thus excluded from the hack. There is a list of Pokémon on Wesley's site, but I don't have it. Someday I'll have a walkthrough with this included.

Our'm a long time away from this forum,
and when I got back to my great surprise
win the best game of the year,
it really excites me too
Hey! Nice to see you back (even if only once in a blue moon). Nice of you to share the graphics with others, as well. :) Just as a note, I've joined the "improvements" team while writing a walkthrough in the style of some of those official ones. Found a lot of errant movement flags and made some suggestions to Ash, and also fixing other tiles (including one ice tile type that wasn't marked as Ice and gave an alternate puzzle solution that was not intended). Not sure what will be in the final version. :) (My God, this walkthrough is a project.)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Does the moves here in light platinum is like the changes on the D/P moves? like hidden power changes to special category.. and so on.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
1. Can you describe the problem in more detail? I made a visit to the Ice Zone in my copy (should have done Desert too right away, silly me didn't) and caught everything there without issue.

2. Bugfixes? They'll be in the current version.

Cyclone

I select a zone, but it doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you're able to take video, I'd be curious. And early in the game, you do have 3000 PD, and can gain more from the first three Trainers (not much, and no Amulet Coin available yet for them to double).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
If you're able to take video, I'd be curious. And early in the game, you do have 3000 PD, and can gain more from the first three Trainers (not much, and no Amulet Coin available yet for them to double).

Cyclone

I got it... lol
I hadn't had enough money. I lost one battle and noticed I lost almost 1500 of the 3000 PD.
That must have been my problem last time, because I whited out four times.

I feel like a moron.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I got it... lol
I hadn't had enough money. I lost one battle and noticed I lost almost 1500 of the 3000 PD.
That must have been my problem last time, because I whited out four times.

I feel like a moron.
I'm relieved to know it's not some bug. :D And yeah, I've done things that make me feel stupid, too. Don't worry, you're in good company. ;)

Go find a Nugget and sell it (Pickup Pokémon). That's 5K right there.

Cyclone

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Wesley I'm glad to see that you're back.I've visited your website many times and collected some tiles which I liked.
I have all the tools but I just don't know how to create a hack.

Oh, hey Wes, nice to see you =)
LP's tiles are available...? Maybe I should try and make a new hack...? :D

Oh ash nice to see rhat you making a new hack.For that i'm with you.If any help h is needed just don't feel shy to ask..

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
My laziness is overwhelming.
Couple questions.
1. If I were to download a new emulator, would I lose my previous saves? (Note, I use an Android for my gaming)

2. Do I use the ruby cheats when I cheat? ex. Walk through walls.

Take note of the fact that I am lazy, and I just started on this thread.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My laziness is overwhelming.
Couple questions.
1. If I were to download a new emulator, would I lose my previous saves? (Note, I use an Android for my gaming)

2. Do I use the ruby cheats when I cheat? ex. Walk through walls.

Take note of the fact that I am lazy, and I just started on this thread.
You mean you couldn't look through 320 pages for the answers? :P

(Yes, I'm joking.)

1. Yes and no. If you copy your .sav file, I think, to the new emulator, you should be able to pick it up. Generally this is the same for save state files as well, but some emulators use slightly different formats and you might have to rename them first. (Though you are advised not to use save states, so just use the .sav file that stores your game save.) Without that, you start fresh by default.

2. Yes. Ruby cheats only. HOWEVER, scripts will not trigger until their time, so there's no point jumping ahead. You have to play in order. And you might glitch the game by jumping ahead; somehow, my Dardusk Woods events are back up and Solana is permanently searching in the grass without saying a word to me. You've been warned. (Oh, and I wasn't even cheating.)

Cyclone

Back