The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (11:37 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Have you ever raged (or just generally got angry and upset) while playing a video game before? What video games made you rage, or got very upset, and what sorts of things in those video games made you feel that way?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Mario Party...

You just can't have a civil game of Mario Party

Someone is going to get mad at someone for something at some point (it's usually centered around the boo or Bowser spaces, although I've seem some rage worthy Chance Times)

I've rage quit a few times in Halo, but it's most often an unfair situations such as a person or team being far above my or my team's skill level, or due to players cheating or just plain being obnixous. I'm sure this applies to any Console shooter though.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (co-op mode).

I'm always player 1, so in story mode, the camera follows me. That means when we're playing co-op, player 2 (which is usually either my brother/cousin/friend) gets left out if he doesn't move with me.

before we learnt you could press the + button to teleport to player 1, we were always raging and fighting screaming "WAIT FOR ME, YOU !@#$"

Pairs - -
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:37 AM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Street Fighter 4; that game was so hard even on easy. Fighters like Seth and Zangief made me want to throw my controller into the television screen.
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:47 AM).
Spinosaurus

I always kept a cool head and remained calm in video games. Despite playing fighting games and F-Zero GX on the hardest difficulties I never really got angry over them. Weird, I guess, but I suppose I know I'm still having fun and that's why.

Though in the midst of that post I did remember New Super Mario Bros Wii's co-op and Mario Party. God dammit.
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:50 AM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Is that a YGOTAS reference?

I normally rage a lot when I'm on a massive losing streak in Tekken, especially when most of the battles were so close but my opponent just manages to perform an amazing reversal on their last slither of health.

I also get very angry when I play a team based TD and people on my team clearly do not know how to play but keep insisting otherwise while continuing to refuse for assistance.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:58 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I remember when I was playing a racing game, got angry and jerked the controller. This resulted in the console being yanked off the shelf and getting unplugged. So that was a race I certainly didn't win...
Old April 7th, 2013 (04:05 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I once broke an GC controller when I died doing the sandbird on Super Mario Sunshine.
Old April 10th, 2013 (02:16 AM).
Rango
Show Me The Money Wide Load!

I absolutely lost it when I was killed by the last Manta Ray in that stupid Hotel Delphino level in Super Mario Sunshine.
Old April 10th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Last night, while playing LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, I was in the Temple of the Ocean King. No matter how many times I tapped a red pot, Link wouldn't pick it up to create a safe zone from the phantoms. I swore, shut the game off, and had to test my 3DS's touch screen to make sure I didn't break it. It was fine. I think Link was just to busy staring at the wall to do anything useful.

Most of the time I just get frustrated and turn the game off (without breaking anything) so I can try again with a clear head.
Old April 10th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Nature: Jolly
PaRappa the Rapper. I couldn't beat stage 2. I rage quit for 5 minutes and then continued playing because I was addicted to it. I had "When I say boom boom boom, you say bam bam bam, no pause in between come on let's jam" stuck in my head for a week.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links