The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
bugsy555

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a change to their team setup since playing the gen V games. For example i used to always have a ground type in my team but since gen V i haven't done a single play through with one on my team. I only just realized this. Anyone else? If so why do you think this is? I think its a lack of diversity in the fifth gen games (especially b/w 1). I would've like one or two more options when it came to picking a ground type for my team.

Get behind Maruno's Pokemon Trading Card Game Mod for Pokemon Essentials!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288773
Help him to make this awesome idea a reality!
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Trust me, there's plenty of diversity in B2/W2. There are Ground-types in Excadrill, Krookodile, Sandslash and Flygon pre-National Dex.

Anyway, one of my past traditions was having the mascot in the team, but that's changed in my White 2 team and I didn't mind.

Old April 6th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
^ I agree with what he said.

Black 2 & White 2 brought us much-needed diversity thanks to the mix of both 5th Gen and non-5th Gen Pokemon in the Unova Dex. There are so many good Pokemon you can catch in the game and it allowed for more flexible team building than it was in Black & White.

Black & White may have been lacking in diversity among its available Pokemon but Black 2 & White 2 fixed that.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old April 6th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
I had one of the best ground types in Unova in my team.

GOOOOLUUUURK.

Pay attention to secondary types and seemingly "useless" pokemon too. I had no idea Litwick was going to be so beast when I caught it.

Pairs - -
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Arlo

I haven't noticed that at all, either generally or specifically, in the fifth gen games - even in the first two, with the original Unova dex. In fact, they've struck me exactly the opposite - I've played and replayed them more enthusiastically than anything since RSE, and specifically because there are so many good pokemon that I want to use. I find them to be extremely, and satisfyingly, diverse.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
yeah seriously dude i think the diversity has gotten better if anything. as far as ground types go my flygon wrecks on my team with earth power and soft sand.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM
bugsy555

This is just how I found the fifth gen. i wanted see what others thought and i guess im the only one. the gen V pokemon just dont appeal to me like previous gens did

Get behind Maruno's Pokemon Trading Card Game Mod for Pokemon Essentials!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288773
Help him to make this awesome idea a reality!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links