• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
i like it :D can't wait for the final version ><
Thanks.

very cool :) changes in 3.1 are cooler than 3.0 .
Beta 3.0 was rushed, and so it was missing quite a lot of things. It's not like it was unstable though, instead there were simply lots of things that could have been done better so I updated it later on (to release 3.1).

i even defeated isaac in one battle ><
Hahha, kinda had to take that possibility in coding too, although you "should" have lost to his "next phase" the first try.

I appreciate that you take the time to make Gen 1/2 hacks. They allow so much more freedom and tbh it feels more nostalgic as those are the versions I grew up with. Good luck :)
Well, I started off rom hacking in late 2008 by hacking Pokemon Crystal. I used to do lots of map edit hacks along with a couple of other features until I decided to learn, how to do the job "right". So, the thing is that it was easy for me to move on using a base similar to Crystal, so I first picked Gold actually and later on switched to using Silver in 2010 when I also released the first early demo of this hack.

Nowadays though, I wouldn't have a problem at hacking anything else either. If I was to start another hack, it could be practically of anything. If I did that, I wouldn't probably go for a GB/C pokemon hack; mainly because of the fact that I'm already familiar with GB/C assembly and how those games work. It could be another pokemon game like Emerald, or possibly some RPG game made by Square Enix instead.

But, I'm stuck with this one and now that I've gotten this far, there is no turning back anymore, hahha!

edit:
Question. What level does Jolteon learn an electric type move? Kinda need to know.
If I remember correctly, it learns Spark at level 33, Thunderbolt at level 44 and Thunder at level 51. You can actually confirm these yourself by playing the game (you can run into this knowledge one way or another, not telling how though!), but the way it works is not so well-implemented in beta 3 that you would get actual use of doing that.
Or more like, you can only put that knowledge into use when training another Eevee which you can get either by breeding or by buying one (but you can unfortunately do neither in beta 3).

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Very good Hack! I love having both 1st and 2nd generation's pokemon!
I hope you'll publish Beta 4 soon ;)

miksy91

Years
Very good Hack! I love having both 1st and 2nd generation's pokemon!
I hope you'll publish Beta 4 soon ;)
Thanks.

I could pretty much release the next beta already if I wanted to, but not going to rush it.
There are a plenty of things I still want to improve and two small sidequests to finish but that's all about it. Also, Blue Emerald is helping me correct grammar errors I've made so those fixes are on the way as well.

Might take some time but will totally be the worth to wait. :)
Perhaps a month, two or more. It shall be playable sometime this summer if not earlier though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
or possibly some RPG game made by Square Enix instead.

Hhhhmmm...I'm gonna call Chrono Trigger...although the guys at Square Enix are notorious for shutting down hacks of their games!

I see it's taking you longer to get the next beta out!

Good!

It's gonna be even better!

I hope the daycare is in there!

Good luck with the beta!

I will be around to get it!

In the meantime, the Ruby Destiny series got me into playing hacks from the 3rd generation Pokemon games, so if you ever make a hack from those games as you said, you can be sure that I will follow you!

miksy91

Years
Hhhhmmm...I'm gonna call Chrono Trigger...although the guys at Square Enix are notorious for shutting down hacks of their games!
Hacking CT could be fun. I don't think Square has any reason to shut down hacks of CT, the reason why Crimson Echoes was prevented from being released was probably just because of DS version of CT coming out in the time. At least, this is what I've heard some people in "romhacking(dot)net" talking about.

I see it's taking you longer to get the next beta out!

Good!

It's gonna be even better!

I hope the daycare is in there!

Good luck with the beta!

I will be around to get it!
Thanks, and dayrace ( yeah,dayrace ) is definitely in there. But a whole different thing is, if you actually "find time" into using it ;)

The quality of beta 3.0 doesn't even come close to this one, that I can guarantee :)
Been saying this like a dozen times already, but it's true. Beta 3 is just some "demo" of what I've reserved for the next release.

When you learn more and more all the time, you'll eventually pass a point when you can do many things you could not have done before. It would have been easy if I could have done everything well from the start, but I didn't so therefore I've had to redo a lot. And some things were also poorly implemented because of my laziness which I've fixed by now too.

In the meantime, the Ruby Destiny series got me into playing hacks from the 3rd generation Pokemon games, so if you ever make a hack from those games as you said, you can be sure that I will follow you!
I most likely won't create any hacks after this one. I might start developing games later on though, since I started studying programming in uni a couple of months ago.
Those would come to commercial business though. I've already done enough fan-made games, this shall be the last one unless I make a sequel to Dark Energy that is.

But impossible to say anything more as of now yet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Can anybody please tell me where to find the last page (not the 1 in the locked house, not the 1 next to the karate guy where you surf or the 1 inside the moo moo farm area)? thankyou

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Misky91, I do enjoy your hacks (playing Ultimate End right now)
But, can you link me all of your hacks? It's hard to find them because there isn't a list of them or anything on your profile. Or, can you tell me how to find them? People say you have way more hacks, and I've honestly only played Ultimate End.

miksy91

Years
Can anybody please tell me where to find the last page (not the 1 in the locked house, not the 1 next to the karate guy where you surf or the 1 inside the moo moo farm area)? thankyou
Spoiler:

Misky91, I do enjoy your hacks (playing Ultimate End right now)
But, can you link me all of your hacks? It's hard to find them because there isn't a list of them or anything on your profile. Or, can you tell me how to find them? People say you have way more hacks, and I've honestly only played Ultimate End.
Well, the reason why I don't have them linked to my profile these days is because, I don't want people to confuse this hack (Dark Energy) with any of those. That's because... most people find them bad. And, I actually think exactly the same way! They're just edits of the original game, unlike this one.

So yeah, I don't want others to think this hack is bad, just because my earlier hacks are. I'm a programmer these days, not just a tool-user.
But sure, if you feel like playing my earlier hacks, you can find them in Zophar's Domain.

Years
I am so happy to see a hack that can legitimately be called a hack and not an "edit". I am excited to see what beta 4 has in store. The book with the missing pages is an intriguing addition and I cannot wait to see how it pans out. What can I say, I am a sucker for side quests that adds to a game's replay value. :P

Your work has reignited my interest in rom hacking which unfortunately died a few years ago due to the feeling that there was no longer an interest in gb/gbc hacking. I found a few gb/gbc hacks but they were little more than text edits for the sake of comedy rather than a game overhaul (due to the lack of fancy tools probably, sad few people want to put forth the effort to learn a little asm to test the limits of a game's potential).

Looking forward to your next programming video also. Keep up the wonderful work!

miksy91

Years
I am so happy to see a hack that can legitimately be called a hack and not an "edit". I am excited to see what beta 4 has in store. The book with the missing pages is an intriguing addition and I cannot wait to see how it pans out. What can I say, I am a sucker for side quests that adds to a game's replay value. :P
Hmmm... you like this? ;)

Spoiler:

But yeah, beta 4 will be filled with all kinds of sidequests, most of them being accessable just before it's about to end. It will also reveal more of the story and end in a point, where you'd actually want to see how it's going to go on, but there is really nothing I can do about it.

After that (for beta 5), there won't be any more sidequests to do because I've planned the game to go on like that; there is simply nothing that will make you receive some sidequest that wasn't doable earlier. But what will be good about it is that, beta 5 will cover a lot more story (and interesting storyline-related events!).

And finally after beta 5, I'll release the final product with another sidequest (or two) in it, but one is really a major one (totally, the longest sidequest introduced in the game)! It also covers interesting background information related to the storyline, which will reveal the "missing pieces" of the story in player's aspect.

And, that's the plan basically :)

Your work has reignited my interest in rom hacking which unfortunately died a few years ago due to the feeling that there was no longer an interest in gb/gbc hacking. I found a few gb/gbc hacks but they were little more than text edits for the sake of comedy rather than a game overhaul (due to the lack of fancy tools probably, sad few people want to put forth the effort to learn a little asm to test the limits of a game's potential).
True. Most people don't effort teaching themselves how to rom hack. Personally, I kinda had the same problem ~3 years ago, but decided to learn scripting using the scripting engine of Gold/Silver, which eventually lead me deeper into the "business".

Looking forward to your next programming video also. Keep up the wonderful work!
Nice to hear you've been watching them!
And thanks for the reply!

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I have been keeping up with this hack for a long time since back when it was named just Dark Future. I hope this hack gets made well and when the final version is done, I will be downloading it. Good luck with this hack and any other hacks you have ideas for.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Hey Mikey, once I beat Neal I don't have the book nor know where to get it. I still haven't got the last one!

scratch that last part. It was in the PC for some reason

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I have been keeping up with this hack for a long time since back when it was named just Dark Future. I hope this hack gets made well and when the final version is done, I will be downloading it. Good luck with this hack and any other hacks you have ideas for.

Why wait? :D Yeah, I do see your point here but, it just sounds so silly waiting for me to complete this thing first (especially since playing a beta release won't hurt at all).
So, go and get beta 4 when it's up! You'll be surprised! ;)

But thanks! I don't think I'll be making any (not even minor) hacks beside this one though.

Hey Mikey, once I beat Neal I don't have the book nor know where to get it. I still haven't got the last one!

scratch that last part. It was in the PC for some reason
It was actually put inside the PC for a reason, and you were mentioned "The Item was put inside your PC" (although, it's true that it's easy to miss that part of the text).

The amount of items that you can have in your Key Item pocket is limited. So, it's always a possibility someone manages to fill up the Key Item pocket before fighting Neal, and then, you wouldn't have room for the Page at all.

So, I put this "hidden script" in the hall of Grand Tower where the sage in there (who also checks whether you've Signet or not) checks if your PC is full. If it is, you may not compete in Grand Tower (because if you won, Neal would try placing the Page inside your full PC).

Spoiler:

I could work this out a little bit better, but it works just fine in the game. It could always try to add the Page inside your Key Item pocket first, that ought to be a little better way of doing it. But I wanted to try something out of ordinary at the same.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
please post the link to download dark energy w/o bearsgare or illvid or watsoever, its hard to find and i want it so bad. just finished DF 3.1 BTW so coooooooollllllllllll!!!!!!! XD greatjob to the creator

Geloz

Noob Egg
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
So, I beated the last Sage, went to the forest, de-volved my Eevee, met Vaporeon, got the pearl, I beated Neal again, but the guard is still blocking the way, any hints?

miksy91

Years
please post the link to download dark energy w/o bearsgare or illvid or watsoever, its hard to find and i want it so bad. just finished DF 3.1 BTW so coooooooollllllllllll!!!!!!! XD greatjob to the creator
Thanks, yet I have no idea what you're talking about here..

So, I beated the last Sage, went to the forest, de-volved my Eevee, met Vaporeon, got the pearl, I beated Neal again, but the guard is still blocking the way, any hints?
If I remember correctly, the scene is implemented like this in beta 3.1 (I've changed it to work out better by now):

1) If you talk to the guard, he will tell you to go to see his wife in Milky Village, and grab the Key to the gate. Go and see her and bring the Key to the guard and he will open the gate.
2) If you go to see his wife first, you should even now be able to pick up the Key and deliver it to the guard (if you agree you'll do that for her).

But no matter which way you go for, the guard won't check if you have the Key in your item pocket if you try to pass the gate by stepping on the tile below the guard ("the gate entrance"). So, you have to talk to the guard (while having the Key in your key item pocket) yourself to be able to pass instead.

I was kinda lazy when developing the gate scripts for beta 3, but worked it out later though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
So miksy91 beta 4 is going to release this may? Or we'll hv to wait for 6 months more? :p

miksy91

Years
So miksy91 beta 4 is going to release this may? Or we'll hv to wait for 6 months more? :p
That's a good question...

I really don't know yet though. I've certainly gotten more and more stuff done, and the thing is, if I didn't want to include all those sidequests and redo some original events, I could release the next beta already today (the "gameplay content" is 100% done). But if I did that, beta 4 would feel almost as "incomplete" as beta 3.1.

And apart from what I've to do myself, BlueEmerald has been helping me out with grammar, and we have yet to decide, "will he help me out with rest of the grammar for beta 4 or not" (if he does, this is also going to delay the release date of course).

But it will come in time. If not next month, then probably in June.

Back