Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

What is the nerdiest thing you do without shame?

For me, I openly discuss random scientific trivia (mostly acquired via VSauce) in public with my friends. People think I am such a nerd but it makes me feel smart.

Also I play guitar hero on DS in public as well as pokemon. Low volume. No shame!

My cousin and I regularly talk about skyrim lore and gameplay.. Every time he comes over, it's like a skyrim bomb went off. We love our video games.
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:10 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Your cousin sounds like someone I know haha. X)

Well, does discussing Pokemon with a friend count? ._. I'm not stupid enough to talk about it with people I don't know as well, though. Then again, that might not qualify because of the "without shame" part of your question. Heck, I still do my best to keep my family from knowing that I play Pokemon. I:
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Uhh.. I guess cosplay! I make all my costumes from scratch and like to talk sewing and nerdy costume-making stuff with people I meet at conventions.
I work at a games company.. I guess that's pretty nerdy isn't it? NO SHAME!
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I mean, I guess playing Pokémon in public at work? I don't really know. I don't view that as nerdy or anything, but other people do. I wear superhero shirts, but I don't view that as nerdy either. I think that's cool.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I played Silver on my bright green GBC in class one time. I've dressed as Ness on normal days when going to school. I openly correct people about Pokemon if I hear them being inaccurate. I quote random games and such in public...lately it's been Abridged Series stuff. My phone background is totally not Joey Wheeler. I've worn my pink Yoshi plushie backpack to practice, as in I kept it on my back while marching. I used an Oshawott plushie backpack as a pillow on a bus ride.

That's all I can think of for now.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I openly play both new and old pokemon in my halls, in my classes and just generally in public around campus. I go to a tabletop gaming society, where I play Magic the Gathering and was part of a DnD campaign last semester. I will openly point out errors to people I don't know if they're talking about a game I play, mostly pokemon. I play trading card games in public areas around university and have spent my break in school looking up card prices in the staff room. Chances are I will always have a set of D4-D20 dice on me.

The only thing I'm really missing from the list is LARPing, but that's too much effort.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Wow, you guys are way above me in openly nerdy. :C I guess I've played Pokemon at work... that's about it... I don't mind doing that. Ofc, now we can't u_u
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
I talk about Pokémon all the time at school, literally. However, I'm not too open on it unless it's around people who are into it as well. I have also talked about Yu-Gi-Oh! to a few of my friends as well and I am sorta open to some about memes as well, but only to those who understand the concept of memes (there are many at my school who don't).

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I openly correct ignorant views on China. I also criticize heavily critical views as well. I know I'm Chinese and that would be rather nationalist and shameful, but still...
Denny Hamlin. ugh so late
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I wear vague video game/anime shirts out in public. That's about it, really. I used to play Pokemon in school but people thought that was awesome.
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Play Pokemon in pubic, Im not ashamed at all.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I wore a SuperMario T-shirt to a parents night at my daughter's school this year.
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Play pokemon in public... wear a spiderman hoodie to work and around daily. lol My license plate says GEEK CVT (certified veterinary technician) and I also have a horde symbol (world of warcraft) decal on my car and a license plate frame that says "My other ride is a chocobo". I work with a lot of women who are not nerdy at all so it makes me feel infinitely more nerdy there... but all my friends are my level of nerd or above so not so much around them. :3

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Aside from sprouting complex processes that make up the universe to my friends(which hardly listen to reason at all), I watch My Little Pony Friendshipnis Magic which I downloaded in my computer.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mochi

I wear my Super Mario shirt pretty often, I have a Pikachu hoodie that is comfortable as hell that I wear all the time, I also just bought a Puella Magi Madoka Magica shirt a couple weeks ago that is insanely comfortable and I plan to wear the crap out of it!

I bring my 3DS Xl, DS Lite, and GBA SP to school and work all the time to play between classes and on my breaks and stuff. My friend got me a 10" Oshawott plushie that I had to carry around campus all day once, I had no problem with that :p I've watched MLP: FiM on my laptop in the cafeteria before too.

I really like decking out in nerdy stuff when I go out, you never know if you'll meet someone who enjoys the same things or not.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
My new friendship group consists of a 19 year old, a 22 year old (me), a 23 year old and two 24 year olds and we have regular Pokemon nights. We had one last night actually - we played from 6pm until 3am.

Other than that, I guess the nerdiest thing I've done recently is travel an hour by train with the same friends to get an event Meloetta, and buy a pack of Pokemon cards from the supermarket lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old April 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
1. Play Pokemon in public
2. Have a Storm key charm
3. Go to my local card shop to play there with my friends
4. Often wear my Mario tuque and my Mario, Legend of Zelda and Ghostbusters shirts
5. Me and my friends talks about World of Warcraft, DotA 2, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh in public.

noshame.jpg
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Rango
Show Me The Money Wide Load!

Nature: Naive
I play Pokemon in class and I have a Captain America phone case, but I just think that's awesome instead of nerdy.
I have memorized certain Shakespeare verses to recite, so I guess that's pretty nerdy too XD

Last edited by Rango; April 11th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links