The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
Vehks

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
My only disappointment is that we can't have epic sprites like these:
3D models can be even more epic when done right.
Old January 10th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanDX View Post
I got one thing...

I like Pokemon X and Pokemon Y alot...Its so amazing that I thought my head was going to shoot off like a rocket...Then I saw the battle system....

Yuck! Its the same battle system recycled! Why cant GameFreak understand that Pokemon are not statues but living creatures that like to move around...even in battle!!! Dang!!!! Can you guys at GameFreak atleast make it turn based real time for once or even little bit Action based....pretty please!!! Pokemon move around in the shows,so why not in the games?
Because, pokemon games are all about stradegy/turn based battle system and its been going strong for 6 generations. I beleive if they were to do something like that, they would implement some sort of spinoff dedicated to that sort of battle style.
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:22 PM).
Vehks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Because, pokemon games are all about stradegy/turn based battle system and its been going strong for 6 generations. I beleive if they were to do something like that, they would implement some sort of spinoff dedicated to that sort of battle style.
And this is where a console Pokemon would come in. I'm sure I;m not the only person to come up with this idea, but you know how Sony has been releasing two games for both Ps3 and the Vita for the same title?

And how when Nintendo releases the new Smash brothers they will also be releasing a sister title for the 3DS?

Why not Gamefreak do this for pokemon? For the handhelds we will still have the classic turn based gameplay, and for the Wii U we have a core game that features real time battles? (and of course better graphics)

They can have the best of both worlds and there are plenty of fans that would like to see pokemon on the home consoles. Win/win.
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:30 PM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
And this is where a console Pokemon would come in. I'm sure I;m not the only person to come up with this idea, but you know how Sony has been releasing two games for both Ps3 and the Vita for the same title?

And how when Nintendo releases the new Smash brothers they will also be releasing a sister title for the 3DS?

Why not Gamefreak do this for pokemon? For the handhelds we will still have the classic turn based gameplay, and for the Wii U we have a core game that features real time battles? (and of course better graphics)

They can have the best of both worlds and there are plenty of fans that would like to see pokemon on the home consoles. Win/win.
Thinking about this, i remember pokepark 2 but i guess it doesnt really count seing as you can only play as tepig, snivy, pikachu, or oshawott.

Another thing, i'm kinda dissapointed the walking with your pokemon feature wasnt displayed in the trailer . Could this mean the feature is never to return?
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
Vehks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Thinking about this, i remember pokepark 2 but i guess it doesnt really count seing as you can only play as tepig, snivy, pikachu, or oshawott.

Another thing, i'm kinda dissapointed the walking with your pokemon feature wasnt displayed in the trailer . Could this mean the feature is never to return?
I dunno about the walking pokemon, it doesn't look like it will be making a return. It's a shame too, because that was one of my favorite features of heart gold/soul silver. I know some people don't like it, so they can just make it a toggle in the options menu.
Old January 10th, 2013 (09:57 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I'd be disappointed if the male protagonist stayed with the same design. But something tells me it is a placeholder model/npc model used until the protagonists are unveiled for certain.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 10th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
Azure Rathalδs
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

I think Xemas look stupid and Feeniken is really boring. The male playable character looks like a girl as well.

Apart from that, I like what I'm seeing so far.
Old January 11th, 2013 (03:16 AM).
Dr. Slavic
Last of the Wailords

Nature: Jolly
The lack of sprites! I love the sprites, and I know I'll get used to it, but I feel the handheld games don't render 3D models as well as consoles, and it seemed to me like if they released a new console game but used sprites for it.
Old January 11th, 2013 (03:52 AM).
Apollo
誰か

Nature: Hasty
I was really disappointed that they left Gen. V without an R/S remake.

The only disappointments I have so far is the male player character who looks very unoriginal. Hopefully the female player character would look good, and not like the player characters from the past generation.
Old January 11th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
Rain Dancer
Wanderer

Nature: Calm
Truly dissapointing would be if Game Freak didn't have people looking out and analyzing all the ideas forums such as these generate. : P

Also. Forget all that about the male trainer appearance. What is needed is a trainer customization option, extensive and varied, unlock more options in-game. Great for online avatars.

Think Skyrim.. You give your character facial features and hair in the beginning, later on you customize apparel.

The trainer was looking at the mirror in the demo, this makes me hopeful. :D
Old January 11th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Not really any disappointments so far. I don't mind the male protagonist as much as others do.
Well, I say no disappointments, but I despise Fennekin with my entire being, does that count?

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 11th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
3D models can be even more epic when done right.
As much as I love sprites and will miss them....

You have to admit that now with 3D models pokemon will be scaled a lot better. Battles against legendaries will actually seem even more epic because you're pokemon will be dwarfed by it. (unless maybe you're using a wailord)
Old January 11th, 2013 (12:50 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I have no complains as of late, hoping it stays that way .
Old January 11th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Despite the protagonist looking like Hilbert, I like him because he doesn't looks as dumb as Lucas (in DP). And the games cel-shading reminds me of Wind Waker, whose graphics I loved. So yeah, this games seems like it'll top my two favorites (HGSS and B2W2).

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 11th, 2013 (06:19 PM).
Victini

Protagonist designs are disappointing, and another Fire-typed fox who has a potential of being duo typed with Psychic.

So that makes another Fire/Psychic, and another Fire/Psychic fox. :<

No bueno.
Old January 11th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victini View Post
Protagonist designs are disappointing, and another Fire-typed fox who has a potential of being duo typed with Psychic.

So that makes another Fire/Psychic, and another Fire/Psychic fox. :<

No bueno.
Fire/Psychic has been done as a full type once, and almost legend exclusive. The only other Fire/Psychic is Darmanitan through Dream World ability which severely weakens it.

Fire/Psychic isn't that bad since it wasn't an easily available thing before.

Fire Fox thing...that's up to everyone else. I only see Foxes as Fire types so I was a little off with Zorua being Dark Type. So for me Foxes can only be fire typed XD

As for 3D Images, they don't really convey more to me than sprites did. Sprites just held more emotion for me. I was one of the fans hoping they'd never move to 3D sprites because they never seemed to convey the same feeling sprites did. Won't stop me from getting the games. Just doesn't feel natural.
Old January 11th, 2013 (06:56 PM).
Victini

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Fire/Psychic has been done as a full type once, and almost legend exclusive. The only other Fire/Psychic is Darmanitan through Dream World ability which severely weakens it.

Fire/Psychic isn't that bad since it wasn't an easily available thing before.
It's still been done in succession three times counting Fennekin if it turns out to be duo-typed with it. ;w;

I dunno, I still feel Fennekin should have been a different species. ^^;
I feel like there are too many Fire-typed foxes and foxes in general in the Pokemon world.
Old April 7th, 2013 (11:34 AM). Edited April 7th, 2013 by Andrew13112001.
Andrew13112001

Why I am dissapointed?Well,cause this will be for 3ds,not for nds.I do not have a nds,so I played DPP,BW,BW2,on desmume emulator,and as I know,there is no 3ds emulator
I like the 3d thing,which would never be albe to make in a nds but...I won't be able to ever play it ((((((

Oh yea!It was not confimed Fenekin second type yet,but if it is Fighthing,then,ughhhh1!!!!!If this would happen,then all my hopes that Fire starters can still be ,,saved" will be gone.
Old April 7th, 2013 (12:24 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
No need to go reviving a dead thread, but you can make a new one!

[ Locked ]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links