The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Yeah, I'm sticking with the Formes guess, myself. The term "new Pokémon" is used way too loosely.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
New-Mew is a Movie Tie-In. It is publicity. They are increasing interest in a character that will appear in a movie. Children will say, "I must see this movie to know who this new Pokemon is."

This puts New-Mew in the same Category as Lucario and Zoroark. They were both designed, or at least chosen, to carry the weight of a movie.

What if this is a breed-able clone of Mew?
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
brica8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
As I recall, they marketed the kyurem forms as new pokemon. But no. They're not new pokemon. Just forms. So yeah. It could be a new pokemon, but considering it'll also be in the new movie, my money, quite honestly, is that "mewtwo's awakening" will cause it to transform into that.
That idea certainly makes a lot of sense, and when I saw the leaked poster images i thought that too. However, this new pokemon almost seems embryonic or less developed than Mewtwo. I think it would be weird for it to change form into an almost baby version of itself.
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brica8 View Post
That idea certainly makes a lot of sense, and when I saw the leaked poster images i thought that too. However, this new pokemon almost seems embryonic or less developed than Mewtwo. I think it would be weird for it to change form into an almost baby version of itself.
Maybe this is Mewtwo's true form. Remember, there's a genetics theme at work here. People won't like it, but this will change Mewtwo forever if true (not so much Mew).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
brica8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Maybe this is Mewtwo's true form. Remember, there's a genetics theme at work here. People won't like it, but this will change Mewtwo forever if true (not so much Mew).

Cyclone
Yeah, and by the current title of the movie a new form makes sense. This thing looks like a freak mutation/terribly messed up attempted clone.

Judging from the movie trailer, Mewtwo seems to be able to tell when genetically modified pokemon are created or escape. Maybe we'll find out this was another Mew clone attempt some organization tried to create but Mewtwo freed it from them and took it back home.
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:36 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I still think it's a new forme as this probably takes the space of one of the shapes under Mewtwo in the movie site. I wonder how the other forme may look...
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
brica8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I still think it's a new forme as this probably takes the space of one of the shapes under Mewtwo in the movie site. I wonder how the other forme may look...
As I said in another thread, we could be looking at that image all wrong. We know that there are 5 Genesect in the movie, with the shiny one being the leader. It could instead be a team vs team idea, and Mewtwo is the leader of his team, along with this New-Mew and some other pokemon.
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

I still think the Genesect army is mainly to show off the different drives, or to add the drama of their being five. It'll seem odd to have Mewtwo in the title but making the focus shift to a new Pokémon related to Mewtwo...it feels like that other clone should've been in the title if it really is a new species.
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

A good point is raised. There is only one Genesect. However, with the Drives, those are all Formes. That is why I think Mewtwo's is also Formes.

Cyclone

Old April 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by brica8 View Post
It could be it's pure form. It looks less evil, that's for sure.
Old April 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Community Supporter

The fact that it looks younger than Mewtwo reminds me of Buu even more...as Buu's true form looked younger than it's other stages...Mewtwo was Frieza, Kyurem was a Dragon version Cell, and this thing is a Mewtwo forme/clone version of Buu xD

I wonder where Mew fits in all of this, will it show up to stop/help it's clone(s)? Will Mew maybe be in these games too?
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM
zapdosa
GG

His shiny is the same as Mewtwo's so that basically confirms it's an alternate form.

Old April 7th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Ditto's shiny is the same as Mew's so that basically confirms they're the same thing.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Ditto's shiny is the same as Mew's so that basically confirms they're the same thing.

Well that seems logical.

Cyclone

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM
zapdosa
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post

Well Ditto and Mew are the only two Pokemon that can transform to any other pokemon so there's a connection there
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdosa View Post
Well Ditto and Mew are the only two Pokemon that can transform to any other pokemon so there's a connection there
That any Pokémon that can Transform is in the same family? Sorry, Ditto and Mew are not a family. No way.

Cyclone

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
zapdosa
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
That any Pokémon that can Transform is in the same family? Sorry, Ditto and Mew are not a family. No way.

Cyclone
I didn't say they were a family lol. I just said there's a connection.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Yes, there may be a connection, but that is yet unconfirmed. What was meant was "just because they share shiny colours does not mean Mewtwo and Mewbuu are the same Pokémon". Whether they are or not is, like the other connection, yet unconfirmed.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM
zapdosa
GG

That shiny picture isn't confirmed btw lol. I personally think it's Mew's evolution.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdosa View Post
That shiny picture isn't confirmed btw lol.
...THEN WHY WOULD YOU POST IT AND IMPLY THAT IT IS????

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Lol.
I don't even think Gf makes official art for the shiny versions of Pokémon.
We should know in 10 days what connection this Pokémon has with Mewtwo, or so we're told.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I would say that picture of it's shiny form isnt real for now.

I dont see them make legendaries evolve now. I think it's more another Mew/Mewtwo clone or it's just a new Mewtwo forme.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

No, they won't evolve it. Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy, after all. It's a Forme or another Pokémon entirely. I'm going with Forme.

Also, from the general chat thread, someone came back for his first post in a while and had an interesting theory, bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I haven't posted on these forums for a long time, but this felt important enough to bring be back.

Mewtwo is one of those core pokemon you just don't touch, so I hope they handle this really carefully. Although they'll struggle to impress me, because I'm still angry things like Pichu were ever made.

If anything, I hope it's just related and not a forme of Mewtwo because then it's easier to forget about.

This is a long shot but looking at the size of it, it could play a similar role to Phione (bred from Mewtwo, can't evolve).
This is actually plausible.

Cyclone

Old April 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I can sorta see it. The new Pokemon is quite a bit smaller than Mewtwo and sort of looks like sort of like a younger form of Mewtwo.
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It makes me wonder, since there is a second yet to be seen, if MEW is actually going to be able to breed.

This is a VERY interesting theory!

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here