The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Route 04
In BW Route 4 was a desert route and doesn't feature grass but rather deep sand in which you can battle wild Pokémon. A factory also exists in the area, where a fair bit of building work blocks you going too far into the desert. So as we all know Route 04 has changed in BW2. In Black 2, Route 4 is a well kept place which offshoots to the desert here and there but it's still a nice street. But in Pokemon White 2, it looks completely different. It has violent sandstorms throughout the entire area. So which version of Route 4 do you like better? The one in Black 2, White 2 or the one in BW? Explain.
Old April 5th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I was kinda sad that I ended up with the sandy and abandoned Route 4 because I was looking forward to the paved path. However, I do think it's neat that each version has a different form of the Route, and that the one in W2 does show signs of advanced construction that B/W did not have. If I eventually get B2 for PC storage space, I'll have to spend some time exploring there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 5th, 2013 (09:33 PM).
Cossolotto32
Pokemon Collector!

Nature: Jolly
I actually am at route 4 at the moment.... but yeah, definitely black 2's version. It's just nicer and cleaner with houses and happy people.
Old April 5th, 2013 (10:36 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Wow, exciting, didn't noticed that, I enjoy it more in Black 2, seems more alive, the other in White 2 looks more abandoned.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challengess
Random Challenge - Badges: 8/8 - game: X - Location: defeated Elite 4
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: Y - Location: Route 19
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern - haven't continued yet
Old April 5th, 2013 (10:59 PM).
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Still didn't arrive to the Black and White 2 Route 4,So I'll have to go with BW route 4.
Old April 6th, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved the differences with Route 4 in Black 2 & White 2. I haven't played White 2 yet but I did see it's variant thanks to Marriland's White 2 videos. So yeah I did get to see both versions of Route 4.

As for which one I loved best, it would probably be Black 2's. It shows how complete the buildings are after 2 years since the original Black & White. White 2's looked way too much like ruins to me lol.

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old April 6th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
I'd prefer Black 2 & White 2's Route 4. The difference is also notable.
I'd also prefer the Route 4 of Black 2. Among all routes, Route 4 has the most changes.
Also White 2's Route 4 still looked incomplete.
Old April 6th, 2013 (01:42 AM).
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
I have not seen Black 2's version of Route 4 fully yet, but I prefer the paved settlement than the ancient ruins (it is actually ruins in White 2). It just looks much better, and it's also what I expected to be, after two years of construction. Although, having ruins discovered and excavated in the route is something interesting.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old April 6th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Starry Windy
Working Combee's on the house!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I would prefer Route 4 of Black 2, it looks more modern and better look with buildings and streets.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Forever
let it go

WAIT WHAT I didn't know this! And should've actually paid attention before ahaha. That's actually pretty awesome! I haven't gotten to that point in W2 yet but wow what an awesome twist on behalf of GF lmao.

But I think I prefer Route 4 in BW because it was the original, although B2's is very easy to get through. XD; So yeah :3 Both??
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
WAIT WHAT I didn't know this! And should've actually paid attention before ahaha. That's actually pretty awesome! I haven't gotten to that point in W2 yet but wow what an awesome twist on behalf of GF lmao.

But I think I prefer Route 4 in BW because it was the original, although B2's is very easy to get through. XD; So yeah :3 Both??
Eyebrows arch.

You really didn't know that? It was the first thing I noticed in a B2 video before the games came out in North America (and I thought, how boring). Then when I got W2, I thought something was bugged at first. LMAO But the more out-of-the-way design of Route 4 works, and the Desert Resort area intersects right there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I've only played B2 so I just assumed there was no difference, I'm currently as Castelia City on my White 2 so I'll have to check it out before I can decide.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 6th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I do not even any pokemon white 2 yet, so I have not seen the W2 route 4. Seening the images of the deserty route 4 it looks better that B2 one to me.
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Just for comparison, first, here's White 2:

And Black 2:

Old April 6th, 2013 (12:58 PM). Edited April 6th, 2013 by Pikapia.
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

I definitely prefer the Route 4 in Black 2 (though I'm not saying I don't like the other one, I'm just saying I really like the one in Black 2), and here are a few reasons why I prefer the Black 2 one to the White 2 one:

1. I have White 2, so it's probably just because I've seen Route 4 a lot, and I do generally like change.
2. I also generally prefer modern things/areas to... well... ruins
3. I've had a pretty bad moment in a sandstorm area, and the Route 4 in White 2 one really doesn't help...

So yeah, I have other reasons, but they would all either not make sense, or are pointless to mention.
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
I've only played through White 2, so I haven't had a chance to experience Black 2's Route 4 myself. That being said, from all I've seen, I think I much Black 2's inhabited version compared to the ruins of White 2.

One of the biggest gripes I had with the sequel games was that aside from some areas like Driftveil, cities and towns were basically the same, so it's nice to see the construction on Route 4 that was started in the originals finally get completed in Black 2.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old April 7th, 2013 (04:32 AM).
bugsy555

i own both black 2 and white 2 and i prefer black 2. I like how you can see the progress thats been made with the construction and that theres still a desert feel to it. best of both worlds
Old April 7th, 2013 (01:01 PM).
Tsutarja

I really like the look of Black 2's Route 4. It looks more lively and because of the fact that I chose Black 2 as well However, I also like B2's Route 4 because of the fact that W2's version bears a resemblance to the Route 4 in BW
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links