• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The worst operating system

What operating system do you use?

• Windows XP

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Windows Seven

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Windows Eight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any OS with a Linux Kernel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple OS

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
So, what was the worst operating system in your view that Microsoft have ever come out with?

Windows 2000?

Windows eXPerience?

Vista?

Windows 7?

Windows 8?

Me, I hate Windows 7 and 8, love Vista and XP.

I am wondering also, what operating system you use and if you enjoy using it.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Well, I run Win7 and Ubuntu, and I like them both, but Win7 is easier to use (just got Ubuntu, so hard to say for sure).

I'm the opposite of you, however, and I have a reserved hatred of Windows of old. I see the appeal of Win8, but its only any good with an ultra book, in my opinion.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
I'm only 14, and I got a new laptop at the beginning of the year with Win7. For 4 years before, I had XP. And I just hated it so much! What appeal do you see in it?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I present to you a brief history of Microsoft products.

keh1365371833v.jpg

That said, I consider XP their best OS. I don't use it anymore though since it's outdated. Using 7 now.

Millennium was their worst, but early versions of Vista really tried to beat that... um... record.

Years
Extended support for Windows XP ends next year (2014), just so the OP knows. That means that you won't get any support from Microsoft on XP and no more security patches will be sent out.

I for one thought I would never thought I would escape XP, but I have and I glad I have. I now use Windows 7 as my primary OS and I love it.

As for UAC, you can disable UAC in the control panel. Microsoft recommends that you don't, but I did so anyways (to prevent the annoying messages). If you also think Windows 7 has too many animations, then you can disable those as well by either switching from Aero to either Basic or Classic. Switching to 7 Basic or 7 Classic will eliminate the animations.

Finally, to answer the original topic's question, I think Windows ME (not mentioned in the poll) was the worst. It is based off of 2000 for home usage, but it's not a really stable OS. I've heard of that from users who have used it. Following ME would be Vista, which is unstable as well in SP1. It's bad enough with Vista that crashing csrss.exe can cause a BSOD, but Windows 7 was made to fix Vista's bugs.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Haha you'll be a lone warrior mate. And do you know why??

Cos everyone else has MOVED ON!! Technology gets better throughout time, not worse! That's just how it is!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Cos everyone else has MOVED ON!! Technology gets better throughout time, not worse! That's just how it is!

Depends on your definition of better.

My monitor is a old CRT - Very old. 13 years to be exact.

Still works fine - Compared to a LCD monitor I purchased that died after two years.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years

Still works fine - Compared to a LCD monitor I purchased that died after two years.

Fair enough, but if you won a comp and could decide of the two, which would you have?

droomph

weeb
Years
I like the smooth UI of macs, versatility of linux (linux was my experience with ssh if I'm not mistaken), and the support and usability of windows.

In all, I like all of them.

On specific versions: of Windows, the newer the better, because sleek, though I like Windows XP for its awesomeness. Of Macs, the newer the better, because they stick to the same formula, so they can't stray too far from perfect. So rn Mountain Lion.

The newer models are designed to break, so you'll be forced to buy more of their products.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Whatever computer had the more powerful hardware - I don't need a new monitor since my old, outdated, CRT still works perfectly.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Whatever computer had the more powerful hardware - I don't need a new monitor since my old, outdated, CRT still works perfectly.

I meant competition lol. If you could choose between a crt and a modern monotor , which would you have?

When I look for a new computer -can I downgrade from 7 to XP? No? Next store.

But why would you want to??

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It would have to be a modern monitor - CRT monitors are no longer being produced.

It's not that hard to downgrade a computer to XP - Wipe hdd, install XP, find missing drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back