Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #8101    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Meowing Mewtwo's Avatar
Meowing Mewtwo
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Gender:
Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Hey all, I wrote a script for my starter Pokemon, an Eevee, and when I tested it in my ROM, all that happened was the noise you hear when you click a text box. If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Here's the script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x6B09F8

#org @start
setflag 0x828
msgbox @1 0x5
@take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x133 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= It's an EEVEE.\nBut it's covered in burns!\pWill you help it?

#org @2
= That's okay.\pSomeone else will\nprobably take it.

#org @3
= [black_rs]You received an EEVEE!

#org @4
= [black_rs]Would you like to give a\nnickname to this little EEVEE?

#org @5
= That EEVEE is looking\nbetter already[.]
This account is dead and has been for a long time.
I did, however, remake it on August 09, 2014. You can find my new location here.
  #8102    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowing Mewtwo View Post
Hey all, I wrote a script for my starter Pokemon, an Eevee, and when I tested it in my ROM, all that happened was the noise you hear when you click a text box. If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Here's the script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x6B09F8

#org @start
setflag 0x828
msgbox @1 0x5
@take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x133 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= It's an EEVEE.\nBut it's covered in burns!\pWill you help it?

#org @2
= That's okay.\pSomeone else will\nprobably take it.

#org @3
= [black_rs]You received an EEVEE!

#org @4
= [black_rs]Would you like to give a\nnickname to this little EEVEE?

#org @5
= That EEVEE is looking\nbetter already[.]
Here I fixed your script I found numerous of errors in your script especially in the first part you didn't even have a decision command to check if the user picked yes or no.

Also you've placed a release command in your script but it doesn't have any lock command in it. Also the givepokemon command 133 is Eevee's Pokemon No. so you have to convert to 133 to hex, so it will be 85.

I think that's all there is to it. Here's the fixed script btw.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x85 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @nick
goto @good
end

#org @nick
setvar 0x8004 0x0
call @nickname
goto @good

#org @nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

#org @good
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= It's an EEVEE.\nBut it's covered in burns!\pWill you help it?

#org @2
= [black_rs]You received an EEVEE!

#org @3
= [black_rs]Would you like to give a\nnickname to this little EEVEE?

#org @4
= That EEVEE is looking\nbetter already.

#org @5
= That's okay.\pSomeone else will\nprobably take it.
  #8103    
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mittica
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Hi, I need help with something, how could I get my character to follow someone (such as the part when you walk into Route one for the first time and he makes you follow him back to his lab in FR/LG)

Game: Fire Red
System: XSE/Pokescript, I use both
Type: Follow script maybe? Idk what to call it.
  #8104    
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
LocksmithArmy's Avatar
LocksmithArmy
Mew!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
well its quite simple...
the character you want to follow has a movment sequence... you just have to copy that movement sequence with your character... only one step behind.

if character 1 and character 2 are beside eachother face to face... (character one is on the left)
if character 1s sequence looks like Walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left
character 2 can be walk_left walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left

notice how character 2 has a step before the setps that character 1 has... that means he should be following... movement commands are simple really.

you will want to check the players facing most likely... this will tell you weather you are standing above, below, left or right of the character you want to follow, so you know which movements to make to do the following...

I hope that made since...
if not here is an example:
Spoiler:

#org 0x8800190
'-----------------------------------
closemsg
applymovement 0x4 0x8800200 ' walk_right walk_righ...
compare PLAYERFACING UP
if == call 0x8800240 ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING DOWN
if == call 0x8800250 ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING RIGHT
if == call 0x8800260 ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING LEFT
if == call 0x8800270 ' Equal To
pauseevent 0x0
msgbox 0x8800220 ' \v\h01 entered a \ns...
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
closemsg
warp 0x4 0x4 0xFF 0x3 0x4
disappear 0x7
movesprite2 0x4 0x6 0x3
spritebehave 0x4 0x8
end

#org 0x8800240
'-----------------------------------
applymovement PLAYER 0x8800210 ' walk_up walk_right w...
return

#org 0x8800250
'-----------------------------------
applymovement PLAYER 0x8800280 ' walk_down walk_right...
return

#org 0x8800260
'-----------------------------------
applymovement PLAYER 0x8800290 ' walk_right walk_righ...
return

#org 0x8800270
'-----------------------------------
applymovement PLAYER 0x88002A0 ' walk_up look_down wa...
return


#org 0x8800220
= \v\h01 entered a \nsecret passage!

#org 0x8800200(Oak walks this way)
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right hide end

#org 0x8800210(I am facing UP, so I am below Oak, to follow I must walk up then follow)
M walk_up walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right hide end

#org 0x8800280(I am facing DOWN, so I am above Oak, to follow I must walk down then follow)
M walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right hide end

#org 0x8800290(I am facing right, so I am to the left of Oak, to follow I must walk right then follow)
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right hide end

#org 0x88002A0(I am facing left, so I am to the right of Oak, to follow I must get out of oaks way by going up, then back down... then follow)
M walk_up look_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right hide end

(another option would have been to check playerfacing before moving oak, then at each result (up down left right) move Oak and the player, this way instead of having the player get out of oaks way, Oak could walk around the player...)


This is my example from when (in my hack) the player chooses to catch their own starting pokemon... you talk to Oak, (after he offers you his 3 choices) and he offers you the chance to catch your own starter... you say yes and upon selecting yes this script is run (he walks and the player follows, depending on the players location or which way he is facing oak)

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; April 6th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
  #8105    
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
TempixTL's Avatar
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Editor: XSE 1.1
Type: Movement Script

So I've been hacking Fire Red for a few days now with XSE 1.0, and I recently came across a download link for 1.1 (FINALLY) so I started using it because it's less buggy, etc. and whether this is related to my problem or not, I'm not sure, but the script shown below will not do what I want it to do.

What's supposed to happen:

Rival's song plays
Rival says "Wait up"
Player faces rival
Rival approaches player
Rival tells you your pokemon are bad
Player jumps to the side (looking like rival pushed him)
Rival walks out the door
A variable is set so that the script doesn't occur again

What actually happens:

Rival's song plays
Rival says "Wait up"
Rival DOES NOT approach the player and stays in the same spot
Text box saying your pokemon are bad still appears
Player still jumps to the side
Rival stays in the same old spot
A variable is set so that the script doesn't occur again

So my obvious problem is that my applymovement portion of the script is not working.
The sprite I am trying to move does have the person event #5 as specified in the script, so I'm not sure what the problem is... I have to have 3 of these scripts, and one of them works (they are EXACTLY the same), the other two do not, but I think I may have compiled the first one using XSE 1.0 if that means anything.

Here is the script itself:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x720438

#org @start
lock
playsong 0x013B 0x0
msgbox @wait 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @facehim
applymovement 0x5 @movegary
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @hi 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 @garyleave
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
fadesong 0x012D
setvar 0x4067 0x0
release
end

#org @wait
= Hey \v\h01! Wait up!

#org @facehim
#raw 0x01 0xFE

#org @movegary
#raw 0x13 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE

#org @hi
= Let me see the POKEMON you picked\nfor just a moment...\p...\pHa! You're not even worth my time\nto battle, my POKEMON is a million\ltimes better than yours! See ya\laround, weakling!

#org @moveplayer
#raw 0x51 0xFE

#org @garyleave
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE


And while I'm at it, how would I make it sound like the rival leaves through the door? Right now he just kinda disappears without a sound (in theory)

Last edited by TempixTL; April 7th, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
  #8106    
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Editor: XSE 1.1
Type: Movement Script

So I've been hacking Fire Red for a few days now with XSE 1.0, and I recently came across a download link for 1.1 (FINALLY) so I started using it because it's less buggy, etc. and whether this is related to my problem or not, I'm not sure, but the script shown below will not do what I want it to do.

What's supposed to happen:

Rival's song plays
Rival says "Wait up"
Player faces rival
Rival approaches player
Rival tells you your pokemon are bad
Player jumps to the side (looking like rival pushed him)
Rival walks out the door
A variable is set so that the script doesn't occur again

What actually happens:

Rival's song plays
Rival says "Wait up"
Rival DOES NOT approach the player and stays in the same spot
Text box saying your pokemon are bad still appears
Player still jumps to the side
Rival stays in the same old spot
A variable is set so that the script doesn't occur again

So my obvious problem is that my applymovement portion of the script is not working.
The sprite I am trying to move does have the person event #5 as specified in the script, so I'm not sure what the problem is... I have to have 3 of these scripts, and one of them works (they are EXACTLY the same), the other two do not, but I think I may have compiled the first one using XSE 1.0 if that means anything.

Here is the script itself:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x720438

#org @start
lock
playsong 0x013B 0x0
msgbox @wait 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @facehim
applymovement 0x5 @movegary
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @hi 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 @garyleave
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
fadesong 0x012D
setvar 0x4067 0x0
release
end

#org @wait
= Hey \v\h01! Wait up!

#org @facehim
#raw 0x01 0xFE

#org @movegary
#raw 0x13 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE

#org @hi
= Let me see the POKEMON you picked\nfor just a moment...\p...\pHa! You're not even worth my time\nto battle, my POKEMON is a million\ltimes better than yours! See ya\laround, weakling!

#org @moveplayer
#raw 0x51 0xFE

#org @garyleave
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE


And while I'm at it, how would I make it sound like the rival leaves through the door? Right now he just kinda disappears without a sound (in theory)
You would need to use the setdoor animation commands and the playsong commands in conjunction with the hide/showsprite commands. Doors are quite fun:p.

I'm wondering if the problem you are having deals with the raws. Try giving them all their own lines. If you notice, the player's movements are only one raw and those work. So, give it a try. It couldn't hurt.

Also, check to make sure it deffinaetely is the the person number, not the event number. Here is an img:
Spoiler:


I know it is in Spanish, (i don't speak Spanish, so if I can read it, so can you:p) but the number you should be looking at for Gary is "No. de Gente:", which is just under the "Delete Event" button.

Paired with Simba
  #8107    
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
TempixTL's Avatar
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
You would need to use the setdoor animation commands and the playsong commands in conjunction with the hide/showsprite commands. Doors are quite fun:p.

I'm wondering if the problem you are having deals with the raws. Try giving them all their own lines. If you notice, the player's movements are only one raw and those work. So, give it a try. It couldn't hurt.

Also, check to make sure it deffinaetely is the the person number, not the event number. Here is an img:

I know it is in Spanish, (i don't speak Spanish, so if I can read it, so can you:p) but the number you should be looking at for Gary is "No. de Gente:", which is just under the "Delete Event" button.
Alright, I tried giving each movement their own #raw, but still no luck unfortunately. I also double checked to make sure I had the right person event no., and I did so I'm not sure what the problem could be! I get the feeling maybe there was a change in the way XSE works with the applymovement command from 1.0-1.1 possibly?
  #8108    
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:36 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
Alright, I tried giving each movement their own #raw, but still no luck unfortunately. I also double checked to make sure I had the right person event no., and I did so I'm not sure what the problem could be! I get the feeling maybe there was a change in the way XSE works with the applymovement command from 1.0-1.1 possibly?
Nope, it hasn't changed. Try shifting things around and seeing if it will run the script on a different OW.

Paired with Simba
  #8109    
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:04 PM
TempixTL's Avatar
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Nope, it hasn't changed. Try shifting things around and seeing if it will run the script on a different OW.
Alright, so I messed around with a few things and I'm just gonna restate some things that may not have been clear earlier...

- I need 3 of these scripts
- One of them works, the other two do not

So in my said messing around, I tried pointing the script events that weren't working to the same pointer as the script event that does work and the same thing happened, it didn't work. However, if I move the script events to another place on the map, it suddenly works! But since the script is not where it should be, it obviously doesn't work right. So the question now is why don't the scripts work where they're supposed to?
  #8110    
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM
aar2697
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
I am having much trouble with the callasm command. I believe it's because I installed JPAN's hacked engine. callasm works with a clean ROM, but it doesn't work on my hacked ROM (the game crashes), which I've been working on for a very long time and have ZERO motivation to move to a new ROM.
I'd like to know if maybe the JPAN hacked engine requires something other than callasm for ASM scripts to play out. I know the engine uses specials for its asm scripts, but I don't understand why callasm isn't working for me.
  #8111    
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar2697 View Post
I am having much trouble with the callasm command. I believe it's because I installed JPAN's hacked engine. callasm works with a clean ROM, but it doesn't work on my hacked ROM (the game crashes), which I've been working on for a very long time and have ZERO motivation to move to a new ROM.
I'd like to know if maybe the JPAN hacked engine requires something other than callasm for ASM scripts to play out. I know the engine uses specials for its asm scripts, but I don't understand why callasm isn't working for me.
The most common problem is adding 1 to the offset of the ASM routine. I have spent hours trying to fix routines when all it was, was that simple problem. I'm fairly certain it works the same since a friend of mine used callasm with JPAN's hack and there aren't any changes made to that command listed in his documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
Alright, so I messed around with a few things and I'm just gonna restate some things that may not have been clear earlier...

- I need 3 of these scripts
- One of them works, the other two do not

So in my said messing around, I tried pointing the script events that weren't working to the same pointer as the script event that does work and the same thing happened, it didn't work. However, if I move the script events to another place on the map, it suddenly works! But since the script is not where it should be, it obviously doesn't work right. So the question now is why don't the scripts work where they're supposed to?
My thoughts could be that the tiles you are standing on are conflicting. I have never seen this before.... Could you provide and image or a video of them both working and non-working?

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 7th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #8112    
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
aar2697
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
karatekid552, I have been adding 1. Again, it works on a clean ROM but not my hack. The ASM hex data is placed on an even address. It ends with a 0. So, the offset referenced in the XSE script ends with a 1.
  #8113    
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar2697 View Post
karatekid552, I have been adding 1. Again, it works on a clean ROM but not my hack. The ASM hex data is placed on an even address. It ends with a 0. So, the offset referenced in the XSE script ends with a 1.
I know it works in your hack, but sometimes, when you move things, you forget to do something. Trust me, it happens a lot.

Have you tried debugging it? Also, what is this routine and what does it do? Can I see it? It could be the routine itself since a lot was changed and shifted in JPAN's hack and references in the routine may no longer exist.

Paired with Simba
  #8114    
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
TempixTL's Avatar
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post

My thoughts could be that the tiles you are standing on are conflicting. I have never seen this before.... Could you provide and image or a video of them both working and non-working?
Definitely, here's a YouTube video: http://youtu.be/HblZ9n9HK8Y
The first part is the working script, the second one is the failing script.

I do also have a picture:
Spoiler:


The highlighted event is the one working script, and there is another script event directly under it for something completely different. The two script events on the side also have the same script events under them, and they also have a warp under that which serves no purpose. And I have tried moving the script events under the broken ones somewhere else, but no dice. Same thing with the warps.
  #8115    
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
aar2697
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to aar2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I know it works in your hack, but sometimes, when you move things, you forget to do something. Trust me, it happens a lot.

Have you tried debugging it? Also, what is this routine and what does it do? Can I see it? It could be the routine itself since a lot was changed and shifted in JPAN's hack and references in the routine may no longer exist.
Figured it out. The character I was using for the script wasn't working right for some reason. I'm fine now. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Edit (3rd time now, probably): My gender checker ASM script I wrote myself works! It was pointless because XSE already has a checkgender command, but I did it just for practice. Now I can sleep in peace, knowing I didn't waste the whole day learning ASM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
Definitely, here's a YouTube video: http://youtu.be/HblZ9n9HK8Y
The first part is the working script, the second one is the failing script.

I do also have a picture:
Spoiler:


The highlighted event is the one working script, and there is another script event directly under it for something completely different. The two script events on the side also have the same script events under them, but one of them also has a warp under that which serves no purpose. And I have tried moving the script events under the broken ones somewhere else, but no dice. Same thing with the one warp.
This is occurring because you cannot move a sprite that's off the screen. It has to be within 6 or less tiles from the player I believe. So, the sprite disappears when you have the script thing all the way down there and it is no longer loaded. You'll need to have the script run when you're closer to the rival. Or, what you could do is..
1. Put two rivals on that map
2. Give each of them flags
3. Put the sprite in the video in his position as it is now.
4. Put the second rival sprite somewhere where he can't be seen. Or, alternatively, you can use a setmaptile script on the map and use the hidesprite command in it so that the second rival sprite disappears before you enter.
5. On the script tile event, use setflag 0x[first rival event's flag number] to hide the first rival sprite. Then, use showspritepos 0x[event number of second rival sprite] and 0x[x coordinate] 0x[y coordinate] to show the second rival sprite at a designated position that is 6 tiles from your player. Then, have him walk down and do the script similarly as it initially had been.

Sorry this is kind of badly written. If you need me to clarify anything, I can.

Last edited by aar2697; April 7th, 2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #8116    
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
TempixTL's Avatar
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar2697 View Post
This is occurring because you cannot move a sprite that's off the screen. It has to be within 6 or less tiles from the player I believe. So, the sprite disappears when you have the script thing all the way down there and it is no longer loaded. You'll need to have the script run when you're closer to the rival. Or, what you could do is..
1. Put two rivals on that map
2. Give each of them flags
3. Put the sprite in the video in his position as it is now.
4. Put the second rival sprite somewhere where he can't be seen. Or, alternatively, you can use a setmaptile script on the map and use the hidesprite command in it so that the second rival sprite disappears before you enter.
5. On the script tile event, use setflag 0x[first rival event's flag number] to hide the first rival sprite. Then, use showspritepos 0x[event number of second rival sprite] and 0x[x coordinate] 0x[y coordinate] to show the second rival sprite at a designated position that is 6 tiles from your player. Then, have him walk down and do the script similarly as it initially had been.

Sorry this is kind of badly written. If you need me to clarify anything, I can.
No, that was very helpful! Thanks to you and karatekid552, my scripts are now functioning correctly.
  #8117    
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
QuartierGenerale
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Hi,

in PKSV i write

Quote:
compare PLAYERFACING DOWN
if == call 0x8741BD2 ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING LEFT
if == call 0x8741BDD ' Equal To
compare PLAYERFACING RIGHT
if == call 0x8741BC7 ' Equal To
but it enter always in DOWN, also when my player is pointing the right or the left. Why? Maybe an error in the PKSV variable translation and i have to put directly the value instead of RIGHT, LEFT? If yes, which are these values?

Thanks a lot
  #8118    
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
lemonzap's Avatar
lemonzap
the 1337 lemonmeister
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
This script is an S-tile script and only freezes the player for a split second and plays the exclamation sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
Spoiler:
#dynamic 900000
#org @start
lock
msgbox @wait 0x4
applymovement 0x2 @catch
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @ask 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @no
release
end

#org @wait
= Kate!/pWait!

#org @ask
= will you?

#org @yes
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x2 @yay
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x4 @gameover

#org @no
msgbox 0x3 @oh
applymovement 0x2 @sulk
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x4 @gameover

#org @gameover
= GAME OVER

#org @oh
= oh...

#org @yay
#raw 0x58
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0xFE

#org @sulk
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE

#org @catch
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0xFE
  #8119    
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Shadowraze's Avatar
Shadowraze
Love and Peace
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonzap View Post
This script is an S-tile script and only freezes the player for a split second and plays the exclamation sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
Spoiler:
#dynamic 900000
#org @start
lock
msgbox @wait 0x4
applymovement 0x2 @catch
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @ask 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @no
release
end

#org @wait
= Kate!/pWait!

#org @ask
= will you?

#org @yes
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x2 @yay
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x4 @gameover

#org @no
msgbox 0x3 @oh
applymovement 0x2 @sulk
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x4 @gameover

#org @gameover
= GAME OVER

#org @oh
= oh...

#org @yay
#raw 0x58
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0x73
#raw 0xFE

#org @sulk
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE

#org @catch
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0xFE
Yes you didn't 0x on 900000. It should be 0x900000

And also you didn't put a closeonkeypress command after the msgbox command but if you don't want to put that change 0x4 to 0x6. Also put a release and end to @yes and @no.

Oh and also didn't you said you were using an S tile? You have to put a variable in it. Try reading this tut I'm sure it will help you. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279345

Just put a setvar in the end of your script so for example setvar 0x4075 0x1 and then on A-map put in 4075 on the Var Number and it should work.
  #8120    
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:05 AM
lemonzap's Avatar
lemonzap
the 1337 lemonmeister
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
Yes you didn't 0x on 900000. It should be 0x900000

And also you didn't put a closeonkeypress command after the msgbox command but if you don't want to put that change 0x4 to 0x6. Also put a release and end to @yes and @no.

Oh and also didn't you said you were using an S tile? You have to put a variable in it. Try reading this tut I'm sure it will help you.

Just put a setvar in the end of your script so for example setvar 0x4075 0x1 and then on A-map put in 4075 on the Var Number and it should work.
I moved the people who were being told to move closer and now that works but still no messages show up. I changed the message types to 0x6 and added a setvar but it didnt change anything. I've read through that tutorial before but have not been able to find any information on the s-tiles in there so I've just been trying things out. Also I don't know if this could be related but when I try to make a level script that displays a message it just displays

This is a test message
this is a signpost

over and over again. Everything else in the level script works fine, just not messages. just like my s-tile script.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the speedy reply.

I've been trying to make more scripts and I have not been able to make a message display yet. I have even tried copying example scripts directly from tajaros' tutorial and using them in both emerald and fire red. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I finally fixed my problem. I had to add

boxset <message type no.>

after each message. for instance this would not work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
release

but this does work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
boxset 6
release

Last edited by lemonzap; April 17th, 2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #8121    
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Shadowraze's Avatar
Shadowraze
Love and Peace
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonzap View Post
I moved the people who were being told to move closer and now that works but still no messages show up. I changed the message types to 0x6 and added a setvar but it didnt change anything. I've read through that tutorial before but have not been able to find any information on the s-tiles in there so I've just been trying things out. Also I don't know if this could be related but when I try to make a level script that displays a message it just displays

This is a test message
this is a signpost

over and over again. Everything else in the level script works fine, just not messages. just like my s-tile script.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the speedy reply.

I've been trying to make more scripts and I have not been able to make a message display yet. I have even tried copying example scripts directly from tajaros' tutorial and using them in both emerald and fire red. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I finally fixed my problem. I had to add

boxset <message type no.>

after each message. for instance this would not work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
release

but this does work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
boxset 6
release
Actually I am tajaros. :3

If that tut didn't helped you that much it try diegoisawesome's tutorial.

What it keeps doing it over and over again? Are you sure you put a setvar in your level script and have done the things I included in my tut?

Also the script before should be working fine if you followed my instructions. But I'm pretty sure you're having trouble putting the var in the S-tile Script.

Ok, so for example you're using var 0x4010. You put setvar 0x4010 0x1 in the end of your script and then put 0x4010 in the var number box in A-map when you click the S-tile.

Also are you sure you're compiling things properly?
  #8122    
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:30 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonzap View Post
I moved the people who were being told to move closer and now that works but still no messages show up. I changed the message types to 0x6 and added a setvar but it didnt change anything. I've read through that tutorial before but have not been able to find any information on the s-tiles in there so I've just been trying things out. Also I don't know if this could be related but when I try to make a level script that displays a message it just displays

This is a test message
this is a signpost

over and over again. Everything else in the level script works fine, just not messages. just like my s-tile script.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the speedy reply.

I've been trying to make more scripts and I have not been able to make a message display yet. I have even tried copying example scripts directly from tajaros' tutorial and using them in both emerald and fire red. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I finally fixed my problem. I had to add

boxset <message type no.>

after each message. for instance this would not work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
release

but this does work

lock
msgbox @wait 0x6
boxset 6
release
By this description, you are using an old version of XSE. V1.0.0 most likely. Go to Gamer2020's toolbox. There you will find his most recent version (just a couple of weeks ago, if that) which has had several bugs fixed.

Paired with Simba
  #8123    
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Where is the script for the mum when a player faints and warps back to home? I just want to edit the text!
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
  #8124    
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:23 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Where is the script for the mum when a player faints and warps back to home? I just want to edit the text!
I think that that particular one is a map script in your home, but I could be wrong. Try searching for the text in A-text and editing it there.

Paired with Simba
  #8125    
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:18 AM
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I think that that particular one is a map script in your home, but I could be wrong. Try searching for the text in A-text and editing it there.
Thanks heaps Karatekid! worked like a charm. FYI the offset is 1A5FDF. I had no idea you can add text and edit by searching for them!

2) Also I have a new problem with level scripts. When I use this script:

#org @busted
applymovement 0x01 @seen
waitmovement 0x01
msgbox @what 0x06
applymovement 0x02 @fight
waitmovement 0x02
msgbox @oak 0x06
trainerbattle 0x03 0x5B 0x00 @win
msgbox @pokedex 0x06
applymovement 0x02 @getit
waitmovement 0x02
hidesprite 0x03
setflag 0x204
applymovement 0x02 @return
waitmovement 0x02
msgbox @byebye 0x06
applymovement 0xFF @left
applymovement 0x02 @left2
waitmovement 0x02
hidesprite 0x02
msgbox @leaveyou 0x06
setvar 0x4022 0x0001
release
end

*I ignored the movements and messages.

When I enter the map the text goes funny, which is expected according to Tajaros tut, he said change the #raw 0xFFFF to 0x0.

Now this DOES fix the problem, but only when I take 2 steps in any direction upon entering the map!

I have given the script the correct flag and chosen option 2 (validates values thing). I have no idea why this glitch occurs any help would be appreciated!

Cheers again for the first question!

EDIT: I solved it !!! It was purely because I used var 0x4022. I read that in David(forgot his name) said that vars 0x4000-40FF are the only safe vars to use.

How ever this is either wrong because I have tried twice (0x4000 doesn't work, its a temp) so is there any guaranteed safe vars please?

I am using 0x8000 and greater now, I know this is bad but I have don't have time to waste. How likely will glitches occur if I continue using vars this high?

Last edited by kearnseyboy6; April 25th, 2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Figured it out
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:51 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.