The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:30 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Personally, I probably won't be buying the new Pokémon game. I don't have the 3DS and really can't afford it, nor want to move onto a new console for the sake of one game. I would rather it if they could have released a 3DS AND a DS version.

Old April 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Jay0173
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay0173
Asking Nintendo to continue supporting (releasing new software) for an older system does not make much sense. And asking the company to invest thousands of more dollars to create two versions of the game would only serve to make the game more expensive, because those dollars would have to be made up from somewhere. Nintendo is a company, in business to make money, not a charity organization. If people cannot, or will not, upgrade to the new system, oh well. Too bad for them. They'll just have to wait until they can, or do without.

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Stormborn
Indecisive

Nature: Relaxed
It's actually a step in the right direction.

People are going to get sick of the constant 2D-3D look, sure it's what the series has been doing for years but what we need is a change to full 3D which the DS simply doesn't have the power to do.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:18 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
Personally, I probably won't be buying the new Pokémon game. I don't have the 3DS and really can't afford it, nor want to move onto a new console for the sake of one game. I would rather it if they could have released a 3DS AND a DS version.
Then, sorry to say this but, you're going to have to miss out then. Not only is the DS a dead console (it lasted loong past it's due honestly), everything has to move on. Making a dual release for both the 3DS and DS would only seriously cripple the 3DS' version because the DS cannot compete with how much more the 3DS can do(balance between versions is important).

If you can't think of at least one more game you like (odd, but eh), just think of it as more of a bridge-like upgrade to your DS; You can still play your DS games on it but you'll be ready for 3DS games that'll come out that you may end up wanting. It's not tough to find a 3DS under retail price online and X&Y are still 6 months away.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:32 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter are all amazing game that I would recomend to everyone, even if you have never played other game in the series. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks promising also, but I have not played it.

There are many good games for the 3DS. I didn't think I would like Monster Hunter. After 40 hours, I am hooked and there is still more to do.

The 3DS Pokemon game looks awesome. It is worth $160 upgrade just to play Mario 3D Land. Combine that with 100 hours of Fire Emblem and 40 hours (so far) of Monster Hunter - The console is alive and well.

If you simply can't afford to buy it, don't be sad. The DS has like THOUSANDS of games to play. Just look online and try something you have never played before.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter are all amazing game that I would recomend to everyone, even if you have never played other game in the series. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks promising also, but I have not played it.

There are many good games for the 3DS. I didn't think I would like Monster Hunter. After 40 hours, I am hooked and there is still more to do.

The 3DS Pokemon game looks awesome. It is worth $160 upgrade just to play Mario 3D Land. Combine that with 100 hours of Fire Emblem and 40 hours (so far) of Monster Hunter - The console is alive and well.

If you simply can't afford to buy it, don't be sad. The DS has like THOUSANDS of games to play. Just look online and try something you have never played before.
Plus there making a new zelda, and Mario Kart 7 is out
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:33 AM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
I can't believe how dumb some people are here. The DS is deader than dead and your still whining about forking out some money for a 3DS?

The 3DS has been selling decently (although in Japan it's selling ridiculously well) well and we only got a seconded generation due to the length of the DS's relevancy.

Personally, I would refuse to buy it if was released on the DS.
Exactly. I refused to buy Black and White 2, because it's absurd to me that Nintendo would create a AAA title a year after the 3DS's release for the original DS. They could've made very minor updates and released it on the 3DS, even still using sprites. It's a slap in the face to everyone who bought a 3DS that Nintendo would release a main series Pokemon game on the DS so long after its release.

In the end, the series has to move forward. This always happens. Would you have wanted Diamond and Pearl on the GBA? I was very excited to play Pokemon on a new console when those games came out.
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Savage X
dclxvi

Just like I did when I got my DS, I'll be buying a 3DS just to be able to play these games if I do end up deciding I want them.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Lolcatcomics
Novice Geek

from what i can see, Pokemon games always make a jump to a new console at one time or another. The DS has already had 2 generations (3 if you count HG/SS) and i think it's time to move on.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

It's good that the game is taking a step FORWARD and moving to newer consoles and handhelds. Plus, 3ds isnt that much it's only like 150$ now or maybe even less! Plus, there are many other great games to play on the 3ds like Super Mario 3d Land, Legend of Zelda: OoT, and Pkmn Mystery Dungeon: GtI. so i think it's good

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old April 7th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I think most people who play each edition of Pokemon will buy the console for it even if they have no intention of playing another game on it.

I bought a GBA and a DS and rarely played anything but Pokemon on either device. I'll buy a second 3DS (sold one before because the games available were terrible) just for X & Y and that's fine by me.

The series is safe so long as the games retain their quality.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links