The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam

Advertise here
Since not only Meowth can talk...what Pokemon would you like to see talking without telepathy?

I honestly want to see a Cherubi learn how to talk. It would be cute and at least not only Meowth would be able to talk. But then again I don't think any other Pokemon will ever be able to talk, but if another learns I really think it would be a Psychic type. Remember that Slowking? We have no idea how it can talk so... I'll just consider that another Psychic type will learn how to talk. Or better yet... a Blissey. There are quite a lot of possibilities! So who knows?
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
If there was another Pokémon that had learned how to speak without mimicking, telepathy, or similar... I dunno. I'd like it to have a backstory as to why this happened. And it being shown to have taken on human-ish characteristics. But also I don't know if it would work very well? Like what reasons could they have that would equal or top Meowth's story? I think the Pokémon do well with what they've got and show significant amounts of individuality through that already.

One thing I was kind of thinking though... a Ditto or Zorua that could talk when taking on human form? I'm a little iffy on Zorua- the one in the movie used telepathy, but Luke's doesn't. And in theory its transformations are illusions rather than physical transformations, but it can touch and hold things in those forms? so idk about that.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection

Last edited by Anna; April 6th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:07 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
Wasn't there a speaking Ghastly in season one, too? It could also transform to different Pokemon and create even mixes of them, I think.

At least some of the psychic type Pokemon should be able to speak, I mean Alakazam has an IQ of, I think 5000?
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post
Wasn't there a speaking Ghastly in season one, too? It could also transform to different Pokemon and create even mixes of them, I think.
Nope. The Ghastly couldn't talk. The Ghastly was controlling Meowth so it was saying what Ghastly wanted to say.

Quote:
At least some of the psychic type Pokemon should be able to speak, I mean Alakazam has an IQ of, I think 5000?
I was thinking Alakazam should learn how to speak. You are correct about it having an IQ of 5,000. I honestly wonder why it can't talk yet.

@EternallyAnna: It should be able to do that if you ask me because it is becoming a human. That wouldn't make much sense to me, though because the Pokemon can't talk to begin with, but... you do make a good point.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 6th, 2013, 09:22 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
I don't think any pokemon should talk apart from Meowth.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I think only few Pokemon should talk as they tend to be a bit funny... or wise
If many Pokemon started talking then the show will become more like Digimon, & although that would be cool as heck I believe Pokemon is unique the way it is.

However they could make 1 episode where a scientist develops a device for communication with Pokemon & Ash tries it but it gets stolen by some team or something that would be cool
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Sabrewulf238

An Alakazam maybe? All that IQ and they still haven't shown a talking one.

If meowth can learn how to talk then surely all Alakazams are capable of learning....or is their laziness as exceptional as their IQ?

Meowth is really an anomaly though, I don't think his purpose was to show that pokemon could learn to talk....just to be a talking pokemon. "Oh look kids, that meowth can talk! O.O"
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I'd want to see Pikachu talk xD

I think it would be fun to see him communicate with Ash and co. and to know what that little guy is thinking.

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
@EternallyAnna: It should be able to do that if you ask me because it is becoming a human. That wouldn't make much sense to me, though because the Pokemon can't talk to begin with, but... you do make a good point.
Mm but I'm thinking physically human=having vocal chords that can produce human sounds. I know it's a fantastical setting, but this would make the most sense if you were to pick a Pokemon to learn to speak. A few bird Pokemon might work as well if they broke out of the mimicry and started using words memorized as a way to communicate.

Meowth is certainly an anomaly though, and I don't really think that nearly defining trait of his should be given to another Pokemon.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
I would like to see Pikachu talk even if it was just for one episode. In fact, there could be a whole episode or double-episode which revolves around Ash where he wakes up one morning to find that he can understand pokemon for just one day even though no-one else will be able to understand them and think Ash is crazy.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
if you guys like pokemon talking so much you should just watch the mystery dungeon episodes...
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:01 PM
CliveKoopa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
The Mystery Dungeon episodes were good, there should be more though instead of just three one-offs.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here