Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Hypothetically, Let's Say Nintendo Made an Announcement...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old April 8th, 2013 (04:20 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
And in this announcement, Nintendo has decided to stop producing video games, for unknown reasons. Now, Nintendo is indeed a very popular video game company with loads of memorable video games that various families world wide have known for years, such as Super Mario Bros. and the Legend of Zelda series.

Now, knowing that, just speaking from this hypothetical announcement, what would your first reaction be? What would you do, once Nintendo stop making video games? Would you move on to other video games made by other companies? Any other thoughts that you would like to share?

Just a note: Yes, I understand that this is not quite a realistic scenario, but, just bare with me, this is only a hypothetical question.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old April 8th, 2013 (04:26 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'd probably still play video games, just much less often. And get less enjoyment out of them. Nintendo games are my personal preference
Old April 8th, 2013 (05:05 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
As long as they don't buy out Riot or Blizzard or Square Enix, I'd be fine. Hopefully Game Freak would become its own company and make games for the other consoles (or maybe do a full scale Pokemon MMO on the computer with 3d graphics and such.)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old April 8th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
You seem rather drunk
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
I play all sorts of games by all sorts of developers. Yes, Nintendo games gone would be a massive blow, I'm a huge fan of them and what they have created, what they have brought into the gaming world. But I'll get over that, simply move on to the other games. Maybe this would give some leeway for other companies get more noticed, allow them to make bigger games. Perhaps companies affiliated with Nintendo could get a huge chance to make a huge game.
Old April 9th, 2013 (01:54 AM).
too cheap to have an avatar
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Oh great, I've just spent £300 on a wii u. I would not be happy.

Still, I think Nintendo games has slowly bored me over the years. I don't think I've played a good Mario game since 2009, and if this is how they handle there own franchises, then they needed some new IP's.

tumblr.
reviewblog.
Old April 9th, 2013 (04:10 AM).
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Hm, I actually rather like the thought of them returning to cards.
Old April 10th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
I'm not fixated on Nintendo games anyways so I wouldn't mind much...
I would probably play some of their old games just for the feeling.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 10th, 2013 (04:57 AM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Eh, like I mentioned in another topic, the only series I still care about in any meaningful way is MOTHER, and they finished that already. Kirby's more like a sick addiction. The old fanboy who grew up with him cannot live without Kirby, but the current jaded guy doesn't care so much. So I just buy the games anyway with some skepticism.

Kirby'll be the only franchise missed for me. Even if I still feel like Hal Labs hasn't been on their A-Game in a while (again, Mass Attack is pretty close), I'm sure the reality of Kirby being no more would be a sad day for me.

That's franchises, though. Overall, I'd be sad because I would wonder what that would mean for the future of charming, whimsical games. Those are the games I want to make, and those are the games I want to play. Nintendo's not the only producer of these kinds of games, but they are a major face for them. I would hat for them to be cast into the depths of some niche ghetto for mobile games (or serious games such as edutainment).

If games become nothing more than realism and uncanny valley, I'm dropping out. All this money spent will be for nothing. T_T

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 10th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
First off, I'd be gutted that we wouldn't be getting Pokemon X/Y, and then upset that I just spent a good chunk of money on a 3DS XL just to have them stop producing games.

Beyond that, though, I'm not really a fan of many Nintendo franchise games, so it wouldn't affect me all that much. Also, if it meant that Pokemon licensed out their games to other consoles/PC, we could actually benefit from it in the long run.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #8: The Cats Came Back

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old April 10th, 2013 (01:56 PM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
As long as Game Freak is still allowed to develop Pokemon games for another console, I wouldn't be bothered.

Nintendo have consistently released disappointing consoles for a while now, so apart from my dependency on Pokemon games I don't rely on them for anything in gaming.
Old April 15th, 2013 (09:44 PM).

Nature: Adamant
If this were to ever happen, I wouldn't be surprised. Super Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's go to franchises for money. Without one or the other, Nintendo just might go down...

My feelings would be like a slight loss of something materialistic, but that's about it. I definitely know that Gamefreak would continue to make the Pokemon games.
Old April 15th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
It would be a massive blow to the public if this were to happen. :/

There are a lot of cool games Nintendo created and I believe it will still be a long time before they stop making games.

Sponsored Links