The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournoiement View Post
Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Heart Gold and everytime I fight and make my opponent's Pokemon faint, It freezes. It also freezes when I change my Shaymin to Sky Forme. I'm using No$Zoomer (This problem never happened when I used No$Gba but it Crashes randomly.
Is it possible for you to use DeSmuME instead of No$?
DeSmuME works much better with newer games.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Heart Gold and everytime I fight and make my opponent's Pokemon faint, It freezes. It also freezes when I change my Shaymin to Sky Forme. I'm using No$Zoomer (This problem never happened when I used No$Gba but it Crashes randomly.
I know the solution to your problem:

On NoZoomer, go to No$Gba->Options->Emulation Setup ans set the Sound Output Mode to Digital Mono

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

ive been trying to make my own ROM and ive gotten to know a bit about scripting
and i went to learn about battles like the zapdos one in FR/LG so i tried a zapdos in pallet town and the clip i was watching to help me ( a tutorial ) type in the commad :

removespirite 0x800F

he was using slowpoke as an example so how do i know the spirite number of zapdos?
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhiggins138 View Post
ive been trying to make my own ROM and ive gotten to know a bit about scripting
and i went to learn about battles like the zapdos one in FR/LG so i tried a zapdos in pallet town and the clip i was watching to help me ( a tutorial ) type in the commad :

removespirite 0x800F

he was using slowpoke as an example so how do i know the spirite number of zapdos?
This is not the right place where to ask ROM Hacking questions
The right place is ROM hacking section itself.
But I'll answer... the removesprite 0x800F is same as removesprite LASTTALKED (which was more understandable to beginning hackers...) so simply said, it removes the OW sprite that played last talked to.

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
jackhiggins138
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
This is not the right place where to ask ROM Hacking questions
The right place is ROM hacking section itself.
But I'll answer... the removesprite 0x800F is same as removesprite LASTTALKED (which was more understandable to beginning hackers...) so simply said, it removes the OW sprite that played last talked to.
thanks , and i will keep that in mind the next im asking a question
thanks a bunch :D
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
zoniq
Unhatched Egg

Guys i have a very important question. I have a mobile that plays with emulator GB GBC. Can you tell me where i find all the hacked games in a GB-GBC format? I have found so far:

Pokemon: Brown(bugs: cant heal to PC, use escape rope, when blackout its stucks), Aqua, Eon.

I dont want other formats because my mobile emulator doesnt understand them thank you.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Tournoiement

Nature: Careful
Thanks for Answering my First Question, Using Stereo Mono really makes the freezing disappear. But, my next Problem is when I save my Game and exit No$Zoomer, The Continue Option makes me go back to the 7th Gym (I already finished it and I have to go back to Goldenrod because Team Rocket Attacked.)

Moon Prism Power, Make up!
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoniq View Post
Guys i have a very important question. I have a mobile that plays with emulator GB GBC. Can you tell me where i find all the hacked games in a GB-GBC format? I have found so far:

Pokemon: Brown(bugs: cant heal to PC, use escape rope, when blackout its stucks), Aqua, Eon.

I dont want other formats because my mobile emulator doesnt understand them thank you.
Again... this is not good thread for ROM hacking related questions.
As for yours, not many hackers hack 1st/2nd generation games as there are less tools than on 3rd generation games.
As the poster above, you will find your answer in ROM hacking section.
Just search for threads with R/B/Y/G/S/C oriented hacks.

Old March 11th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Thanks for Answering my First Question, Using Stereo Mono really makes the freezing disappear. But, my next Problem is when I save my Game and exit No$Zoomer, The Continue Option makes me go back to the 7th Gym (I already finished it and I have to go back to Goldenrod because Team Rocket Attacked.)
After saving, did the Emulator showed an error like Microwave in failure or the rom crashed?

If yes, then at the time of saving, when it shows PLAYER saved the game close the game at PLAYER saved, just not let it finish. It will keep your game saved.

Also if you encounter errors like these while playing the game, put the 2 files that there are in the attachment in the No$GBA folder.
Attached Files
File Type: rar gba_bios.rar‎ (12.9 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: rar firmware.rar‎ (242.5 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Omac12

I'm looking at this one called Snakewood, and I have a few questions
Am I allowed to just use this to play?
Why does it say it's still a Zip file? It's not in a folder...

Okay more details;

It says my VBA doesn't read it. It also won't read LPS and UPS, I don't really know what those are... I have played Pokemon roms before but I never used LPS or UPS.

My VBA reads my old files which are the same format as the Snakewood
I just really want to play some new roms!
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Snakewood is an IPs file. PC doesn't allow people to give away ROMs or link to ROMs. This is countered by patched files. What you need is Lunar IPS, and a Ruby ROM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Okay I need help searching for a certain tool. If I recall, there was a tool that allowed you to edit the fonts of the Gen III games. However I can't seem to find it, and I am trying to change Ruby's font into D/P/Pt. style fonts. Where is a good place to start?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD490 View Post
Okay I need help searching for a certain tool. If I recall, there was a tool that allowed you to edit the fonts of the Gen III games. However I can't seem to find it, and I am trying to change Ruby's font into D/P/Pt. style fonts. Where is a good place to start?
Isn't a patch for this already made?

Old March 18th, 2013, 12:21 AM
RPD490

Yeah disregard this help XD I was able to figure it out :3 Sorry XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
jacktheking
Hatched Egg

How to open Ruby ROM with XSE?
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:32 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheking View Post
How to open Ruby ROM with XSE?
In the menu bar of XSE, go to file>open then find your Ruby ROM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
jacktheking
Hatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
In the menu bar of XSE, go to file>open then find your Ruby ROM.
When i open it is blank..
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheking View Post
When i open it is blank..
Of course. The ROM doesn't open like in Hex Editor where you see Hex numbers.
The "opening" of ROM in XSE is just signaling that you will be working with the ROM and you can jump at any offset you desire.

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
trafalgar
Hasgana

Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
These questions should go either to Scripting Help Thread or Simple Question Thread in ROM hacking section.
You should go there anyways because IIRC there was a script that made this possible.

Old April 9th, 2013, 06:04 PM
ladynarmo
Unhatched Egg

I'm really sorry if this has already been answered. It's really hard to find the right answer to my question because of the huge save problem with pokemon fire red.
I'm playing pokemon emerald on the vba emulator. (I'm not too familiar with the specific words for some technical things so I'll just describe it as best as I can).
I save just normally just like you would save on an actual gameboy. And I've had no problem with that. But I've saved a few times using the drop down menu and pressing "save game".
I've never loaded it before. I just saved it a few times and I get paranoid that something might have to the save file just in the game. (I'm paranoid because I used to play fire red on rom...)
And then one day, I pressed F6 by accident while I was trying to lower the volume. And it loaded the save that I saved through "save game". I turned the emulator off, then on, but it was still that F6 file! I can open other save files like F1, F2, etc. But I can't get back to the save file that is just in the game! I tried loading all the save files like F1, F2, etc but none of them had the normal save file saved onto it..
And the latest save file that I have is a few badges ago and what really pisses me off was that I JUST caught the three legendary pokemons and I just went through victory road to go to the pokemon league...
Sorry for the long post but do you know any way to get that save file back?
I tried clicking import and click on the pokemon emerald battery file but it popped up that loading a snapshot file will erase everything. I'm not sure if it IS a snapshot file or... it's just warning me.
Please help me T-T

+I grabbed up the courage to import battery file and it only brought me to that other save that was several badges before.

Last edited by ladynarmo; April 9th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM
ScytheRyder
Unhatched Egg

Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRyder View Post
Hi. I have spend the last few hours scrolling through the Hacks and I have downloaded a few but there is a specific one that I have been looking for, Is there a Diamond and Pearl replica or close enough for a GBA Rom? If not is there a Hack that I can use the Fourth Generation Starters.
These questions should be directed to ROM hacking threads...
Well... there's no demake (or complete one at least) of D/P/Pt to GBA but there are many hacks that allow you to use 4th generation starters.
Flora Sky for example.

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM
sanmander
Unhatched Egg

I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon

Last edited by sanmander; April 19th, 2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Dter ic
(=^ェ^=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmander View Post
I play fire red on my android using myboy and I searched for the save file with a file explorer and I only find .st1 files or .st2 can I use my save to play it on my PC and later get it back because when I am home I like to play on my PC and not my phon
Your game saves should be located where the game ROM is located as a .sav file. you can then transfer the .sav to your computer and use it on a emulator

Sponsored Links

Advertise here