The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old March 18th, 2013, 04:19 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
This could go as 3rd Generation, but you get most of them in R/S/E so... Generation III introduced a new feature, ribbons. These were just small rewards for doing things like winning contests, maxing EVs, etc. So which was you favourite ribbon? Which of your Pokémon had the most ribbons? Did you like the idea of them? Which was the hardest to get? How could have they been improved?

Discuss

So silky~
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I think I loved the Cool Contest Master ribbon... because it was the first one I got with hard work. Not some wishy-washy League Beating ribbon, or some Hard-Worker ribbon. My Swellow had the most, Master Cool, Normal Smard, Hard Worker, Beat the League. My hardest to get was the Beauty Master rank, becuz I tried it with five different Pokés. Oh, I don't think they could've been improved much, although there could be some misc ribbons for winning so many battles or something.
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I didn't really care much for ribbons to be honest. The contests were fun and something different, and having a ribbon to commemorate your victory was nice, but i didn't really do it for the ribbons, and i didn't try to get as many as possible or anything

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:59 AM
ProfessorBeeching
Professor Of Fail

Nature: Quirky
I thought ribbons were a great addition to the series, which is why I'm angry they were unobtainable in gen V. Unacceptable!
Obviously, the 'achievement' ribbons aren't worth much, like League Ribbons, but there were some which are well worth the effort, like the Earth Ribbon from Colosseum and XD. When they were continued in Gen IV there were also the 'rich' ones you could buy, which are also fun for richies like me. I made it a mission to make my Emerald Castform get as many of the ribbons as possible, only giving up on Gen III's Victory Ribbon for th Battle Tower.
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:37 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I liked having ribbons in my game. My Gorebyss has the most ribbons of all my Pokémon and it is the Pokémon I cherish the most. I really liked working hard at things like Mt. Battle to get more ribbons. I think there should have been more for other little things, or maybe better presented in the PokéNav.
Old March 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I liked trying to collecting all the Ribbons with no luck. My Metagross Nikki has the most ribbons on a pokemon though. I was kind of disappointed there were none to collect in any Unova game.

Yes the Ribbons were Fun and challaging to get.
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:25 PM
JustChillin810
xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx

Nature: Brave
My skarmory and swellow had a whole bunch of ribbons. They were a great addition to the game because you felt like you were earning something by completing certain tasks.

Pikachu is boss!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links