The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Advertise here
Hahaha holy god, this is hilarious.
Someone help me up off the floor now please.

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Nature: Quiet
the game seems to have locked up after using the oldale town pokemon center after this line of text

this is very unfortunate

i'd say perhaps i didn't have a proper rom but everything else has worked fine up to this point

maybe the game is trying to pull the animation for bowing but it can't

yeah that's what it was i just removed

applymovement 0x800B 0x819FDF4
waitmovement 0x0

from the main healing center script (the part at 0x19FDB0) and it's fine now

Last edited by Agastya; March 18th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Hahaha holy god, this is hilarious.
Someone help me up off the floor now please.
Lol, I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
the game seems to have locked up after using the oldale town pokemon center after this line of text

this is very unfortunate

i'd say perhaps i didn't have a proper rom but everything else has worked fine up to this point

maybe the game is trying to pull the animation for bowing but it can't

yeah that's what it was i just removed

applymovement 0x800B 0x819FDF4
waitmovement 0x0

from the main healing center script (the part at 0x19FDB0) and it's fine now
Ahhh! I know why! I copied and pasted the data for a regular walking person OW over the Nurse Joy. This would have removed her animation pointer. I can't believe I forgot about that.... I shall deal with this!

AND I HAVE!!!!

~Updated!~

I have fixed the Nurse Joy bug and several swimmer OWs that showed up incorrectly. Hopefully you will love the new Nurse Joy animation..... It is quite the derpy thing!

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 18th, 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
Dont tell this is full version.....just try to add some new event and story about deparizard... I am sure you can make it funny hack...
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
Dont tell this is full version.....just try to add some new event and story about deparizard... I am sure you can make it funny hack...
Clacla, FBI, and I are throwing around story idea for a prequel hack in which we have a legit story line. A pretty damn epic one at that:p. We have our basis (which revolves around a very, very angry Green and a team of wackjob scientists) and now we are just fleshing it out and finding how your character will interact with it.

Paired with Simba
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
I just played it and it's so fun! I've got an IDEA! I'll make one for Fire Red starring Magikarp! Everyone is Magikarp! Let's see if they'll do damage to themselves.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

i have to say i'm not a fan of the mandatory starter being so useless when everything else is unedited
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
i have to say i'm not a fan of the mandatory starter being so useless when everything else is unedited
Haha, it's the original derpizard. Basically, the backstory for the prequel is there was an accident when experimenting on the genome of a Charizard that caused it to become a derpizard, which then (when trying to reverse it) caused a virus to mutate and become airborne which will cause Derpizards. So, the original would be affected the worst, making it the derpyest.:p It will be a good challenge, especially since you won't know what type the opponent is. You will actually have to catch and train pokémon in this hack 0.o, lol.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; March 21st, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

lol resident evil derpy style

~Completed Projects:

Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
lol resident evil derpy style
Haha, I wasn't even thinking that, but yeah!

Paired with Simba
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
This game is really ORIGINAL! I love it. I will definitely play it and give you feedback.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:59 PM
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Um...wow. This is just ridiculous! The fact that the pictures alone put a wide grin on my face is already a wonderful sign of things to come upon actually playing the hack. Congrats on this truly humorous release!

I can't wait to see how Derpizard: Origins (or whatever you may call it) plays out.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM
KurtCobain

Hahaha i will try this, but i don't know if it will make me to play until the end
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:41 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterSnipes View Post
Um...wow. This is just ridiculous! The fact that the pictures alone put a wide grin on my face is already a wonderful sign of things to come upon actually playing the hack. Congrats on this truly humorous release!

I can't wait to see how Derpizard: Origins (or whatever you may call it) plays out.
Haha, thanks. That is what I was going for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
Hahaha i will try this, but i don't know if it will make me to play until the end
Haha, me and Clacla actually debated putting a warning on the first post to anyone who is not particularly "stable".:D I myself have trouble playing it due to the lack of, well, anything but Derpizards. However, I have come to realize that this hack puts forth several new challenges that many hacks might not:

1) You will never know what pokemon you are fighting in a battle (Unless you cheat and look at the RSE guide:/). This means it will be tough to attack them and hit their weak points.

2) Having a weak starter means you HAVE to train wild Pokemon, but, like the first one, you won't know what you are battling, and, ergo, catching:p, so have fun finding the right ones!

3) You won't be able to tell the difference between people outside of battles and therefore, you will be forced to talk to everyone to figure out who they are.

4) The sheer redundancy might drive you mad:p.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 7th, 2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir

Nature: Quirky
I am going to play this hack!
For the sheer derpness!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

It took me way too long to choose the starter...

hahaha good work. I look forward to the backstory. I also had a slight glitch with the pokemon centre. Nurse Derp froze before giving my Pokemon back.
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
It took me way too long to choose the starter...

hahaha good work. I look forward to the backstory. I also had a slight glitch with the pokemon centre. Nurse Derp froze before giving my Pokemon back.
Lol, it is truly a choice to consider....

That should have been fixed. Are you playing the most current version? I had accidentally replaced the nurse's animation pointer with that of another sprites, which caused that.

Paired with Simba
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:10 PM
JeffL204523
The Fire Dragon Pokemon

Nature: Gentle
I am so for your Derpizard Origins hack. This looks so cool. :3
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:42 AM
karatekid552

Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a while: how about a challenge? I realize this hack presents some challenges in just making it anywhere in the story, so I'm going to throw down the gauntlet: the first one to make it all the way through the end of story and post a screen shot of their team entered into the Hall of Fame will have the oppertunity to create a completely custom charactor for the Derpizard Origins hack. Anything you wish, even a charactor who has influence on the story.

So, what do you say? Are you Derpy strong enough for it?

Paired with Simba
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Michielleus
That random guy

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a while: how about a challenge? I realize this hack presents some challenges in just making it anywhere in the story, so I'm going to throw down the gauntlet: the first one to make it all the way through the end of story and post a screen shot of their team entered into the Hall of Fame will have the oppertunity to create a completely custom charactor for the Derpizard Origins hack. Anything you wish, even a charactor who has influence on the story.

So, what do you say? Are you Derpy strong enough for it?
Well, since I was playing this with my friends and got to the sixth gym I decided I might as well finish it.

Groudon, Gardevoir, Breloom, Solrock, Swellow and Hariyama.
Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard and Derpizard.

It was quite funny, but if you've played Ruby before you can know what Pokemon the other trainer sends out. But good job anyways!

Also, I've found a little bug. Some overworlds don't show up well in foggy areas. The outline gets light.

A terrible hack; you don't want to play it.
I'll have a nice platinum hack up soon!

Lopunny is based on a playboy bunny.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:48 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michielleus View Post
Well, since I was playing this with my friends and got to the sixth gym I decided I might as well finish it.

Groudon, Gardevoir, Breloom, Solrock, Swellow and Hariyama.
Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard, Derpizard and Derpizard.

It was quite funny, but if you've played Ruby before you can know what Pokemon the other trainer sends out. But good job anyways!

Also, I've found a little bug. Some overworlds don't show up well in foggy areas. The outline gets light.

Well then! I didn't expect anyone to finish it so soon! Awesome job. Just pm me with all of the information about your character that you would like to have created and I'll draw it up for you.

On the bug, I don't know if it is the fog or the GroudonDerpizard, screwing with the palettes. After making this game, I learned more about overworlds and how the palettes for each actually have specific slots and they have data which chooses which palette has priority to a certain slot when two palettes are going for the same slot. This is what I think is happening here, since I pretty much just copied and pasted the OW data for a Derpizard over and over again, they probably just had the same palette slot and a different palette as the GroudonDerpizard has a stone grey palette before awakening. I will look into this!

Anyways, great job. Glad to see I really didn't have too many bugs in this game. Have a good day!

Paired with Simba
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Seriously... Noone's volunteered to do tiles yet...?

I'l make some tiles right now.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
Seriously... Noone's volunteered to do tiles yet...?

I'l make some tiles right now.
Go for it. The rom isn't locked, so just open it up and hack away. Just send it to me privately so I can check it out first:p.

Paired with Simba
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Flamebot

So funny in so many ways loooks great
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:05 AM
rhettz_emboar
Did you just pee??

hahaha..this is really a funny hack
love to try this!

I hate people like you..
[/SIZE]
Quick Reply