The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Beth Sycamore
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Ok,so does this mean that the functions of Black City and White Forest,are reversed in White2/Black2?

What does PWT mean exactly?
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sycamore View Post
Ok,so does this mean that the functions of Black City and White Forest,are reversed in White2/Black2?

What does PWT mean exactly?
Black City and White Forest serve the exact same battling purpose in B2/W2, the only difference being appearance. You can switch between the two if you trade a certain key over from the other version.

PWT stands for Pokemon World Tournament.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Beth Sycamore
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
In the original Pokemon White,the White Forest was a place that was made exclusively,for catching wild pokemon. Is there any such place like this,in either Black 2,or White 2?
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sycamore View Post
In the original Pokemon White,the White Forest was a place that was made exclusively,for catching wild pokemon. Is there any such place like this,in either Black 2,or White 2?
Not really. You can access both through keys that are transferred from the opposite version.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM
jammi567

I've been reading about Pokemon on TV Tropes, and it frequently mentions Memory Link. What is it, and how do I get it to work?

Progress:

* Kanto: 8/8 Badges + Champion Defeated (Completed)
* Johto: 2/16 Badges
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
I've been reading about Pokemon on TV Tropes, and it frequently mentions Memory Link. What is it, and how do I get it to work?
I've got your answer here, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
Memory Link is a new feature that allows players to sync both the original Black and White with Black 2 and White 2 together via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or DS Wireless Communications. With this feature, the player can access new game features and interactions in Black 2 and White 2. The player may need to finish the main story in their Pokémon Black or White games to see some of the flashbacks.
It also allows you to capture N's Pokemon and also do one-off battles with Cheren and Bianca using their old teams from the copy of Black or White that was linked with your Black 2/White 2 game, their team will also be different depending on the starter you chose in the original Black or White version that was synced. You can also see various cutscenes throughout the game that otherwise cannot be seen without it.

Also, you don't have to specifically link Black 2 to Black/White 2 to White, it can be linked with either of the original Black or White regardless of which version you have. I recommend you try it out, and it gives you a better explanation of the Unova story of the 2-year time gap between Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Click here for more information about Memory Link and its features.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old March 29th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Memory Link is a feature that allows you to play some scenes that had happened outside of the game storyline. Some are prior to the BW story, some are throughout the story and some are between BW and B2W2.
It gives a sequel feeling to B2W2.
And you activate it by Unova Link menu where you need to enter your Black/White Game Sync ID.

Edit: Damn you, Mijukari xD xD
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM
legendhunter14
Traveller of Kalos

Quote:
Memory Link is a feature only available in Black 2 and White 2. Players can use this feature at the beginning of menu of the games to connect to Black or White versions. After doing this option, there are several requests for you throughout the game. For example; You have to talk to a number of NPC's (mostly Gym Leaders or others), and they tell you things from the past, like how Iris changed her look and why the Striaton Trio quit their Gym carreer. Players now also are able to capture N's Pokémon in the wild. (Check Serebii or Bulbapedia for more). Memory Link is at the very beginning of everyone's game at the menu. (As far as I xan remember)

Hope you know enough!

EDIT: -.- seriously? Did I take so much time of posting this? Well jammi , you have 3 answers now!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out! 2509-2086-5335
And check out my site; pokeswamp.wordpress.com

Last edited by legendhunter14; March 29th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
0shawott
Togepi

If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks.

★oshawottpiplup★
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:58 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks. :)
You can!

I would recommend it. I found it much funner to play with challenge mode.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
Quote:
If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks. :)
Yes, you can! Go ahead and give it a try - take up the challenge and do your very best! Have fun! *thumbs up*
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

What will happen to the shops at Join Avenue if I don't play my game for a while? Will they be out of business, or are they still there?

Quote:
If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks.
I wouldn't recommend it. The game isn't really that easy if you make your own challenges like completing the storyline while EV training your Pokemon, which makes level grinding slower and forces you to use a Pokemon against an opponent's Pokemon that has a type advantage against you but you still want to use your Pokemon because it's the only Pokemon that requires the EV points it has. There's also the post-game content such as the PWT and Black Tower/White Forest, which shows that there really isn't a need for a difficulty setting to begin with.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
What will happen to the shops at Join Avenue if I don't play my game for a while? Will they be out of business, or are they still there?

I wouldn't recommend it. The game isn't really that easy if you make your own challenges like completing the storyline while EV training your Pokemon, which makes level grinding slower and forces you to use a Pokemon against an opponent's Pokemon that has a type advantage against you but you still want to use your Pokemon because it's the only Pokemon that requires the EV points it has. There's also the post-game content such as the PWT and Black Tower/White Forest, which shows that there really isn't a need for a difficulty setting to begin with.

They never go away don't worry.

Well if you find the game still too easy or hard with challenge mode, you could always do one of the challenges in the challenge forum, or change back to normal mode.
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:48 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
Magmortar with Vital Spirit?
i want one, how do i get one on white 2?
White 2: 3397 3474 0556

Last edited by bobandbill; April 6th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:46 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Merged with the questions thread sticky which is where stuff like this belongs.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

guys there is a place like white forest from white 1 its called the nature preserve, you have to catch all the pokemon in the unova dex in order to go there
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:25 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude18 View Post
Magmortar with Vital Spirit?
i want one, how do i get one on white 2?
It's available in the Dream World.
Quote:
guys there is a place like white forest from white 1 its called the nature preserve, you have to catch all the pokemon in the unova dex in order to go there
No you don't; you just have to see all the Unova Pokémon, minus Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

Old April 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

im not familiar with how the dream world works. could you please explain how i would go about acquiring it there
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:38 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
im not familiar with how the dream world works. could you please explain how i would go about acquiring it there
Read this. I haven't gone there myself, but this gives you a rough idea on how to do it.

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Idontrlyh4x
Unhatched Egg

can someone point out the difference? From what I can tell, pokecheck doesn't know the difference and neither does Nintendo.

RNG abuse is the manipulation of the system, while editing is plain ol' hack.. but if you edit right, there's no telling whether it was RNG abuse or edit, can you?

(I can't post urls yet)
RNG abuse or edit? pokecheck.org/?pk=4140776
RNG abuse or edit? pokecheck.org/?pk=4063544

I hope this doesn't continue onto gen 6 :/
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Obviously the Dratini is the one you get from Benga after beating White Tree Hollow (which is shiny by default and those IVs probably are default as well)
And Cress is obviously RNGed.

As for RNG... yes, you cannot see the difference between RNGed and non-RNGed Pokemon that's why RNG is so widely used.
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:30 AM
JoeSchneider
Unhatched Egg

hello :D
so I was playing my Pokemon White 2 and I was planning to add a Grass type on my team. My first choice was Ferroseed so I'll have a Ferrothorn. Then I found out that I'll get a free Lvl 30 Deerling. Sawsbuck is pretty cool either, and is few levels away to evolve. So I can't make up I put Ferrothorn or Sawsbuck in the team. HELP PLEASE. Thanks.

Hey Guys,
I just got from the East of Opelucid City to the East of Nimbasa City. That's Right. I think I wiped out every trainer in the post national dex. and my team level isn't high enough yet. it's only less than lvl 60.its not enough to defeat the champ. so where is a good place to train?

Lv 44Lv 44Lv 46
Gym Badges: 7

Last edited by Forever; April 9th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchneider View Post
Hey Guys,
I just got from the East of Opelucid City to the East of Nimbasa City. That's Right. I think I wiped out every trainer in the post national dex. and my team level isn't high enough yet. it's only less than lvl 60.its not enough to defeat the champ. so where is a good place to train?
I think that's just right for Iris, who uses Pokémon from levels 57-59. If you really want to train more, train in Unova's Victory Road.

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I think that's just right for Iris, who uses Pokémon from levels 57-59. If you really want to train more, train in Unova's Victory Road.
Be vewy quiet. We hunting Audino.

Where? We on Route 23. Now hush!

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
DebbieChicharito
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
As the title says I tried the EV training thin people talk about
Trying to raise my Cubones speed stat while giving him the item power anklet and decided to battle Basculin since people said they give 2 speed I battled like 6 or 7 of the Basculin and my Cubones speed stat only incresed by one
And did the exact same again without the power anklet on and it only incresed by one that time

Why didn't it increse by more than 1 like most guides said it would
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links