The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
What kind of spin offs do you want to see from the next generation of Pokemon gaming? Do you want new ideas, or do you want them to build off older spin off ideas?
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
New ranher. New battle revolution. New trozei. New colloseun/xd.

Red this gf

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:57 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Personally, I'd like to see another Pokemon Pinball or HEAVEN FORBID a new Pokemon Snap.
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

I think a Pokemon Pinball on 3DS would look great, now that you mention it! And both the Wii U and 3DS seem perfect for a Snap 2. :)
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
New ranher. New battle revolution. New trozei. New colloseun/xd.

Red this gf
Gamefreak is not involved with Spin offs. Creatures Inc is in charge of spin offs.

Other than PMD and Rangers, I don't think we need anything else. There's little to no point in a new Colosseum since that was made to replace Stadium and then it was replaced with PBR. PBR got such bad reviews we didn't get a new game for Gen 5. With the main games being 3D we definitely don't need them as their only purpose was flat out battles in 3D.

Snap would be cool, but I don't think it has enough fanbase to warrent the attempt to be created.

I'll settle for more PMD and Rangers since I can't think of anything else.
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mrfurret
Unhatched Egg

PMD needs to be done! They need to make a HUGE game with TONS of pokemon and TONS of dungeons. Also, A 3D pokedex would be pretty cool, too.
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

They already made a 3D Pokedex. It even had a way to project your Pokemon into reality. It should still be for free.
OH WAIT, YOU MEANT FOR THE SIXTH GEN. Sorry, brainfart. It'd still be neat though, and I think it'd be an update for the main one though.
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Dragooncroft
Tomb Raider

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via ICQ to Dragooncroft Send a message via AIM to Dragooncroft
I want an updated Pokemon Stadium. There is something for everyone in those games and they're epic!

UPDATES:
Hatched a new Skarmory w/ Drill Peck
Haunter and Kadabra evolved into Gengar and Alakazam
Raised a Level 55 Poliwrath with a Mind-Reader/Fissure combo
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
We're gonna get PMD when everyone gives up hope of seeing the PMD of 6th generation and that's probably all...
We may get some crossover like Conquest but I don't think it's that possible as PMD.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Hopefully not another Rumble... I like the series, but I feel Ranger and Mystery Dungeon were so much better.
A 3DS Ranger would be awesome, but I'd love a new Mystery Dungeon which doesn't just feature Gen V Pokemon (I'm looking at you, Gates to Infinity)...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Pokemon XD/Colosseum type game. And of course Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages! (I don't count the excuse of a game that they're trying to pass off as PMD 5th generation)

Oh, oh, oh, oh! And a new Conquest! That game is so good, a sequel would be amazing. <3 one that contains bulbasaur tyvm
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Pokemon XD/Colosseum type game. And of course Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages! (I don't count the excuse of a game that they're trying to pass off as PMD 5th generation)

Oh, oh, oh, oh! And a new Conquest! That game is so good, a sequel would be amazing. <3 one that contains bulbasaur tyvm
It hasn't even seen an international release and already dissing it? Its roughly the same as the others minus the selection process. I like Gates a lot more based on concept than the original Mystery Dungeons. I mean I get to partner up with other people now so my Friends and I can play at the same time. I'm really happy with this installment, and when the Gen 6 one comes out, most likely the only choices will be Gen 5 Starters, Gen 6 Starters, Eevee as a possibility, Pikachu, and maybe one other Pokemon. Gen 5 Reset the Pokemon world so all of the new stuff will have a focus on them just like all the older stuff had a focus on Kanto. They'll split the focus up among the new regions, but its going to run the same way.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Destiny
All the lights in the sky...

Oh MY GOD! A 3DS Pokemon snap with optional augmented reality. Kind of like dream radar but better.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

As always, ol' neutral apathetic Patrick doesn't really care what they do at this point. I'm sure it'll be more of the same. *snore* -o-

If you want a wishlist, though?
  • Pokemon Snap 2. Must make an effort to go all out, see my posts in the Snap sequel thread.
  • It'll never happen, and especially not this way, but a Pokemon centric MMORPG where you play as the Pokemon. Can you imagine an open world where you can basically do whatever you want, seeing as Pokemon have such limitless potential? I imagine soaring high in the sky as Charizard or Altaria is probably exhilarating or soothing, and digging to find hidden goodies or an underground "city" or beautiful cavern with Sandshrew or Diglett would be fun. Because Pokemon would be linked to accounts, though, they should allow each account to play as at least 3 Pokemon to keep the experience exciting. They could potentially turn this into more than a PMD action type game if they go that route, and they could make this artistically BEAUTIFUL and ripe for exploration on one's own terms. Speaking of art...
  • I still want a game inspired by or given the blessing from the family of Osamu Tezuka, and this includes both art and story. This game can either be Pokemon POV or Human POV, so long as the story reaches the levels of some of the best of Tezuka's works. Everything must have a related art shift towards the style, too. I don't want any Sugimori Pokemon in this.
  • If you want, same as above but with Hayao Miyazaki. Or Disney at its best.
  • Something different that taps into the Pokemon's character potential. I don't care that some of them can spit fire or water, that should be secondary.
  • Try out different genres where applicable. If they allowed themselves to break the conventions like doujin do, they could make a pretty cool Pokemon fighting game. Or a danmaku. Or a arcade like time waster for mobile devices. Or an innovate platformer. Or a virtual pet like thing with less emphasis on "pet" as you'd define it. Or a Pokemon Pop'n Music wait no, I'm doin' that one. :P
The way I see it, is they have something like over 600 of these creatures, right? Then use them. I feel like the games as they are are akin to somebody making a cartoon where they do nothing but introduce a new character an episode, but never give you any time to relate to them. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon right now is the best thing for it, but I'd like to see more of it. I thought the series was called Pokemon, not Monster Trainer.

Also, all of the above games need Nidos somewhere (it is my wishlist, is it not?), preferably with one where a Nidoran (F) is a tertiary character at the worst. Except the art shifted games, I'll buy those just on principle alone.

I do not expect any of the above to happen outside of fan games. And even then, some of those already exist.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Last edited by Patrick; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:25 AM
D Dog master of war
Pokkén Tournament Champion

Nature: Docile
we need a real Pokemon mystery dungeon not a half azz one with Dlc.......DLC WTF...Sorry...we need a real PMD Game not this rip-off 3DS New one,if they put all the Pokemon in and I can actually use ladendys then I well buy a new PMD

The thing they need too do is

1. ADD ALL THE POKEMON!
2. no dlc
3. GIVE ME THE TEST AGAIN!
4. No bull-crap boss(in the new PMD Is the boss is not Kyurem.....ITS A SLOWNFLAEK AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!)
5. a good after-game

thats all we want right guys?

I am A fighting Champion!!!

3DS FC: 3652-1583-8114
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
LiquidRage

I'm not saying I want it, but I could see them making a rip off of Mario Party or some form of it. Like a virtual pokemon board game.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night." ~Edgar Allan Poe
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
Pokemon snap 2 and a new rangers.... oh yeah and pokemon pinball would be really cool.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

And what do you know... we got new Rumble...
Could have chosen better...

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Gotta make that money. Simple economics.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old March 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Gotta make that money. Simple economics.
That's precisly why they should have chosen better

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:19 PM
PokeHumanManectric
Leader of the PMD Team

Nature: Careful
PMD and Ranger are pretty much the only ones that I've played and liked. ._.

<- CLICK ME
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've have a couple of friends who have said they'd buy a Wii U if they released a Snap 2 on it, so I'd like that.
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Joining the Snap 2 Wii U train. Hopefully they'll use the functions of the GamePad effectively and not dumb it down and ruin it like they did with Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity. They could also make a 3DS version as well.

Also, how about a Wii U Ranger title? The extra screen estate on the Wii U GamePad would make capturing Pokemon even easier. They would have to adds lots of variety to the gameplay as the Ranger titles, while very fun and playable barring the first one, to avoid the repetition that previous titles suffered from.

Seeing as we did have a crossover spin-off title with Nobunaga's Ambition, perhaps another crossover could be possible. Maybe a Persona or a Monster Hunter crossover could be possible, with the Personae being replaced with legendary Pokemon and the Monsters being replaced by, big shock, Pokemon.

And finally, trash that Pokemon Rumble U Skylanders imitation button masher ...thing, and instead make a Pokemon TCG game using the NFC technology in the GamePad. While there is already a PC Pokemon TGC title, the Wii U could be used to create a unique story mode.

EDIT: Forgot about a new Pokemon pinball game for the 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop. I've always wanted a pinball game to be expanded into the Pokemon universe, so It's a shame there hasn't been a new instalment since the GBA version 10 years ago.

tl;dr
  • Snap 2 for Wii U and 3DS
  • Ranger title for Wii U
  • Pokemon X Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for Wii U and 3DS
  • Pokemon X Monster Hunter for Wii U and 3DS
  • Pokemon TCG for Wii U with NFC technology
  • Pokemon Pinball 3 for Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop

Last edited by Azure Rathalδs; April 9th, 2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: POKEMON PINBALL!!!!!!!
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

I would love to see a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game... I love the series, and I hope that by that time, all the people with grudges towards the current version might actually give it a try.

And since Chunsoft already made huge changes to the appearance of the series, they may be able to focus more on the amount of content as opposed to bringing the visuals up to speed with the hardware.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:56 AM
ZSlinx
Unhatched Egg

I want a new entry in the colloseum and xd series. And a sixth gen mystery dungeon i cant really say much about gates to infinity because it hasnt come out in europe yet. Id also like a tcg game for the 3ds though hopefully youre not gonna have to buy booster packs with real money....
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here