• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Abilities Speculation Thread!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah maybe not. Just a defensive Pokemon in general that lacks Regenerator. Maybe SR users could be given it due to being mostly ground/rock etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about an ability which decreases one of the opponents stats at random by two stages, and ups one by one, sort of like giving the opponent the opposite of Moody.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sounds fun but a little too strong. Although I guess I could relate it to Liepard's Swagger, and I guess it wouldn't be too strong. Just extremely annoying. Hmm yeah I wouldn't mind it actually.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also guys how about an ability that actually enlarges you? Like, the Pokemon gets uh, larger in sprite, like Minimize, but instead this'd be an ability and when you come in you can take hits better, and it's like a gigantic substitute that works like Multiscale, but is broken only if there's a Super Effective attack on you...?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm probably like Multiscale so you would take it better, and that's the only thing to break it - and it can't be restored!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or maybe accuracy of special moves just in general? I know Focus Blast could definitely benefit from an ability like that :x

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
We've had abilities like Iron Barbs and Rough Skin that hurt the opponent when used a psysical move. But I want an ability that will only hurt the opponent when used a special move. Also an Intimidate-like Ability that lowers the foes Sp.Attack stat by one.

Guy

just a guy
Years
We've had abilities like Iron Barbs and Rough Skin that hurt the opponent when used a psysical move. But I want an ability that will only hurt the opponent when used a special move. Also an Intimidate-like Ability that lowers the foes Sp.Attack stat by one.
I'm not sure what kind of ability could be used to damage those who use special attacks. Physical attacks make sense because you're making physical contact with the other Pokémon, but Sp. Attacks are from a distance so there's no real way to get damaged in the same way.

A Special Attack Intimidate would be great though! Or maybe just alter Intimate's ability to include both, like they did with Growth in Gen V.

Years
Also physical moves are differen't from Physical contact, as can be seen when one uses Earthquake (a physical move) one does physical damage but the user isn't hurt as it's from a distance. Most special are distance moves as already said, however they're proably a few special contact moves (can't think of any right now) that would cause the user to be damaged by such a abilities, so there's no need. Now an ability for pokemon who use far distance moves...I guess it'll be something like Bounce-back where some damage get's bounced back to the user so something...

Years
Would that increase evasion or something? Sounds very gimmicky...

How about an ability that sucks hp when the owner/user uses a physical move? (sort of like inflicting Iron barbs on the opponent, except you aren't waiting for the hit, plus you get something more out of it.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I have always been hoping for an Ability that will restore PP. Sometimes PP doesn't matter but when the opponent used Grudge or Spite it could become useful.
Or an ability just like Scrappy so you can use Ground type moves on Flying foes.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Speaking of making ground hit flying, a pokemon that automatically starts Gravity when it's in (not permanently, just when the pokemon is in). It would be pretty neat and allow for some cool combos with the pokemon involving hitting flying / levitating pokemon with ground type moves and low accuracy moves becoming more viable.

Also a Trick Room effect like that would be pretty neat as well.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
What if, types are assigned to abilities. Imagine how ludicrous it is for static to still affect ground types despite immunity to the type the ability is associated with. If it were given electric type, then it will not affect ground types. Other than immunities, effects of abilities are either strengthened or weakened depending on its type matchup. (ex. Flame Body will only give 10% chance of burn on water types, dragon types, etc. and give 25%-30% chance for grass types, ice, or bug types.)

Years
^ I agree with Static but not with Flame Body.
I'd like to see a Kecleon's evolution (or maybe Porygon or I don't know...) that would've this ability:
Color Change #2 (Yeah, I am too lazy to think of a name xD)
Whenever this Pokémon prepares to use a move its type changes to match that moves' type. (non-damaging moves included) It can also be great if it works as Color Change too. :D
Max STAB, yeah! :p

Back