The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2008 (02:00 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Here is where you can discuss a tale of sanctuary in "Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village."

My review to come forthwith.
Old September 21st, 2008 (08:25 AM).
Deadly Arbok
Team Rocket's executive agent

I think you have the wrong episode ShadowDeeps. This is the one where Ash captures Bulbasaur, not attempt to evolve it.

But I had to admit, I liked that tornado scene that Team Rocket was in. Really quite interesting. I also felt sorry for them, after all of the traps they went through.
Old September 21st, 2008 (10:08 AM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

This episode was alright. One of the weaker capture episodes. Overall, an alright episode.

Rating: 7/10
Old September 21st, 2008 (10:51 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Arbok View Post
But I had to admit, I liked that tornado scene that Team Rocket was in. Really quite interesting. I also felt sorry for them, after all of the traps they went through.
Indeed, although, the prelude to that scene, oh, boy, it was edited. Anyway, here's the episode comparsion, replete with script changes and a paint edit. Enjoy.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...nto/ep010.html
Old September 22nd, 2008 (11:44 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Oh yeah, this was kind of boring excluding Ash going on about pirates XD Seriously, I've just realised (I'm slow XD) all of Ash's starter captures are him just saving them so they like him and want to go with him. Oh well.

I can't remember much else except the animation was TERRIBLE this episode.
Old September 22nd, 2008 (12:11 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Oh yeah, this was kind of boring excluding Ash going on about pirates XD Seriously, I've just realised (I'm slow XD) all of Ash's starter captures are him just saving them so they like him and want to go with him. Oh well.

I can't remember much else except the animation was TERRIBLE this episode.
Didn't Brock have a knife? I liked that part. Otherwise, yeah, it was pretty disposable. And Dogasu does say on all that in the Squirtle comparison, which I'll get into in a few more days.

And I miss Ted Lewis' James, already. At least, Eric Stuart was fine, as he begins his incredible run here, so let's enjoy it when we can..., again. I know I said this on a prior episode discussion, but it needs to be reinforced.
Old September 22nd, 2008 (12:26 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The introduction of my FAVORITE pokemon, Why is Bulbasaur my favorite pokemon, the funny thing is, it's to nostalgic to remember (weird huh ). Plus, this is the only episode with a girl that Brock actually really liked and was shy about.
Old September 24th, 2008 (10:55 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Did anyone enjoy the Pikachu/Bulbasaur battle? It actually was expressive, for a cheap, cheap series.

Also, now that I understand what the stadium was really for (that ballplayer reference), I'm rather amused by it. As always, it's the little things that can make an episode worthwhile.
Old September 25th, 2008 (12:39 PM).
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by Charaxes View Post
Didn't Brock have a knife? I liked that part. Otherwise, yeah, it was pretty disposable. And Dogasu does say on all that in the Squirtle comparison, which I'll get into in a few more days.

And I miss Ted Lewis' James, already. At least, Eric Stuart was fine, as he begins his incredible run here, so let's enjoy it when we can..., again. I know I said this on a prior episode discussion, but it needs to be reinforced.
Or, at least, it WOULD have been disposable, had it not been for the fact that it was the episode where Bulbasaur was caught.
Old September 25th, 2008 (12:47 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
Or, at least, it WOULD have been disposable, had it not been for the fact that it was the episode where Bulbasaur was caught.
Right, the whole "capture = plot" formula. Just because there's a capture, it doesn't necessarily mean an episode will be any worthier than, say, a good filler with no captures. It's how it's scripted, and 90% of this one didn't seem worth it to me. There days, I'd like to avoid "oh, there's a capture in this bad episode, so that means I have to pay attention to it."

At least, the capture wasn't last minute, unlike the following two starters. I had a feeling Bulbasaur would want to come along -- just how to go about it.
Old April 9th, 2013 (08:23 AM).
Gengar93
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, so I just came across the idea of Pokémon "hacks" and decided to pick up Ash Gray, because I've always wanted a game that followed the anime. I'm currently trying to get to Vermillion, but can't seem to get there. There's no place for me to head south through the Hidden Village. I can't tell you what version I have, when I acquired the game, it was only named "Ash Gray." I created a map of the Hidden Village to show you guys what I'm working with, but I'm not allowed to post a url until after 15 posts or more.
Old April 9th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
shenanigans
i'd fight gandhi

Aaaaand that's a massive bump. Please don't post in threads over one month old.

-closed
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links