The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:27 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieChicharito View Post
As the title says I tried the EV training thin people talk about
Trying to raise my Cubones speed stat while giving him the item power anklet and decided to battle Basculin since people said they give 2 speed I battled like 6 or 7 of the Basculin and my Cubones speed stat only incresed by one
And did the exact same again without the power anklet on and it only incresed by one that time

Why didn't it increse by more than 1 like most guides said it would
You are correct. You gain 2 EVs from battling a Basculin. And the Power Anklet enhances it. Source.

The problem I see is what you're looking at. The Speed stat. does not increase by 6 every time; your Speed IVs do. The EVs are something you cannot see without an Action Replay. Based on what you are telling me, I observe that if you plugged your game into an Action Replay with the code to see IVs/EVs activated, and then follow the directions to see them, you would see a minimum of 12 or 14 for the battling plus 24 or 28 for the Power Anklet boost. If the Pokémon has Pokérus, double this. Without Pokérus, the smallest number you would see next to Speed for EVs is 36 or 42. You do not know this normally, however, and have to keep track internally.

You also have to keep in mind that, at some point, EVs are no longer gained. When they max out, that's it, unless you feed it EV reducing berries.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by CycloneGU; April 9th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:11 AM
DebbieChicharito
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Thanks for the answer CycloneGU was helpful didn't understand at first but now I do thanks again
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Idontrlyh4x
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Obviously the Dratini is the one you get from Benga after beating White Tree Hollow (which is shiny by default and those IVs probably are default as well)
And Cress is obviously RNGed.

As for RNG... yes, you cannot see the difference between RNGed and non-RNGed Pokemon that's why RNG is so widely used.
well you see, Cresselia wasn't RNGd. She was spawned via pokegen. So there is no difference between RNG (via in-game) and spawning via pokegen. except of course, it's much much faster via pokegen.

This is a huge problem (IMO) and kills trading. I'm seriously looking forward to NO migration from Gen 5 to 6.
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontrlyh4x View Post
well you see, Cresselia wasn't RNGd. She was spawned via pokegen. So there is no difference between RNG (via in-game) and spawning via pokegen. except of course, it's much much faster via pokegen.

This is a huge problem (IMO) and kills trading. I'm seriously looking forward to NO migration from Gen 5 to 6.
You'll be able to transfer from 5 to 6. I dunno who told you that you couldn't, but its going to be able to be done. There are hints with current events that suggest that you can and its kinda a staple to link generation games.
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
shae
Veteran Trainer

Nature: Brave
I just looked on serebii and i saw that you can get the special metagross by participating in the driftveil gym season. My question is what is it? And how do i get in it? If you can pm the answers that would be great
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:02 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I think signups go for a week, but I am not sure the start date. You have to compete in some tournament. As for the Metagross, it appears here in the Event Database; that itself isn't available until May 30.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shae View Post
I just looked on serebii and i saw that you can get the special metagross by participating in the driftveil gym season. My question is what is it? And how do i get in it? If you can pm the answers that would be great
You have to participate in the TCG League in real life. More info on this can be found on the official site.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hexhellfire

hi all

i was wondering if its possible to trade/battle over wifi on black 2?

many thanks
craig
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Yes you can, you can head over to the Battle Center or Trade Corner to find out more about each respective option.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Misdreavus81
Chevelle Fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Misdreavus81 Send a message via Skype™ to Misdreavus81
I was browsing the web and someone said he has a Skarmory with the following moveset:

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Now, I get that Drill Peck was taught via breeding with a Doduo/drio, but how exactly did he manage to get Roost on it?

EDIT: Whoever moved my post moved it to the wrong board, this is a question regarding Black, not Black 2.

We can't both become the same pawn that's made to fall.

Last edited by Misdreavus81; April 15th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Your post was moved to B2/W2 Quick Questions for one specific reason: Roost is taught via Move Tutors which are based in those games. You can trade one back to B/W, but Roost cannot be learned specifically in those two games by Skarmory.

Cyclone

Old April 15th, 2013, 06:38 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavus81 View Post
I was browsing the web and someone said he has a Skarmory with the following moveset:

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Now, I get that Drill Peck was taught via breeding with a Doduo/drio, but how exactly did he manage to get Roost on it?

EDIT: Whoever moved my post moved it to the wrong board, this is a question regarding Black, not Black 2.
Move tutor in Black and White 2 will teach Roost.
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Anyone know where in the Dream world I can find Purloin?
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Anyone know where in the Dream world I can find Purloin?
Unfortunately, you cannot. The only way to receive a Purrloin with Prankster is to encounter a Liepard in the Hidden Grotto in Routes 5 & 9. They have a 30% chance to be a female, which is what you would need in order to breed a Purrloin with Prankster.

However, Liepard only have a 4% encounter rate in the Hidden Grotto in Route 5, and a 15% encounter rate in the Grotto on Route 9. Even more so, when a Hidden Grotto refreshes, there is still only a 20% chance that there will be a Pokemon in it.

So...um, happy hunting, and best of luck to you! However, you could always check the Trade Corner, if you'd rather the easier way! (Be sure to read their rules and guidelines before posting).
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

well fml. Im sure I visited both those grottos.
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavus81 View Post

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Your post was moved to B2/W2 Quick Questions for one specific reason: Roost is taught via Move Tutors which are based in those games. You can trade one back to B/W, but Roost cannot be learned specifically in those two games by Skarmory.

Cyclone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
Move tutor in Black and White 2 will teach Roost.

Skarmory with Roost can be attained a few ways. In B/W/B2/W2 It can appear in the Dream World with the ability Weak Armor and the attack Roost. If your friend doesn't own B2 or W2 than this is one of the ways he can have gotten it.

In generation 4, Roost was available as a TM. If he transferred from D/P/Pt/HG/SS he could have taught it Roost then and transferred it to his Gen 5 copy.

So in addition to trading it to B2W2 and using the Move tutors to teach it, he can have gotten it from the Dream World or transferred it from a fourth Generation game. So its possible to have it on Black even if the post was made before B2W2 came out.
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
DragonTroopBeta
Unhatched Egg

Just need to know if I New Game (While having deleted save data o/c.) if Easy Mode and my other System Keys will be lost as well.
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Khrysta

They'll be lost. I tried this with my White 2 when I gave it to my brother and he lost the challenge keys. When you delete your old data it deletes everything from the previous game including unlockables such as the keys.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

What does BST stand for? I see it on Smogan and I dk what it stands. Cant seem to find it on Smogan page either
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Forever
let it go

It means Base Stat Total, so see the last number at the end? http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/nu. That's base stat total, which is what the amount of base stats adds up to, so say 70 base stat in attack, 80 in defence etc, all adds up to the BST. Also this is competitive-ish, so it'd better fit into Competitive Team Questions for future reference!
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:21 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

If I recall correctly, BST stands for Base Stat Total.

EDIT: Eh, I got ninja'd

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
What does BST stand for? I see it on Smogan and I dk what it stands. Cant seem to find it on Smogan page either
It's SmogOn...
But as the others said, it's Base Stat Total...
Pretty useless information if you think about it...
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:53 AM
RyuKai
Unhatched Egg

Ive had trouble IV breeding
even though Im using a power anklet it will not pass down its superior speed stat
why is this?
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
The Sceptile King
Potatoes are people too

Nature: Relaxed
I believe that IV's are totally random, but don't quote me on that

X Water Montype Challenge 4/8
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuKai View Post
Ive had trouble IV breeding
even though Im using a power anklet it will not pass down its superior speed stat
why is this?
The anklet passes down the IV, not the stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sceptile King View Post
I believe that IV's are totally random, but don't quote me on that
Power items pass down certain IVs.

Sponsored Links