The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
It was never confirmed, no. It was just taken out of rotation due to the 9/11 attack. But was put back in rotation a little while after. I don't think the reason is ever going to be confirmed at this point.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 7th, 2013 (04:34 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
To better go into explanation of what Yuki's Sword said, here's what is stated on Bulbapedia on the episode's page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
The episode was temporarily banned from re-airing on Kids' WB! after the September 11 attacks. It was later put back into circulation. Due to this, Kids' WB! refused to give the tape to Cartoon Network for them to air this episode back in 2002. They have since conceded the rights to air it.
The episode was temporarily banned because of the title for some odd reason. It has since been put back into circulation when Cartoon Network acquired the rights to air Pokemon in the US. The Tower of Terror is not the only episode to have been temporarily banned as a result of the September 11 attacks, it also happened with Tentacool and Tentacruel, but the reason why that episode was temporarily banned was due to a scene where Tentacruel destroys a building (which is also part of the Season 1 opening).
Old March 12th, 2013 (12:19 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by Dragooncroft.
Dragooncroft
Tomb Raider

Send a message via ICQ to Dragooncroft Send a message via AIM to Dragooncroft
So I have watched this, what would you call it... movie. A great movie, in fact! But one thing I would like to ask is about the content in this video:

Now I have watched the movie only in English online (for nostalgia reasons), but I have never seen that before. Was it cut from the English version? I've looked around a bit but that's all I think I can figure. Also, if it's only in the Japanese version, can someone give me the link to the ending, because in the video, immediately cut off at the beginning, I see them turning to go down the road (which looks like it did get cut off). Is the music in the video supposed to be there (I figure). I see the part at the very very end of the video, and well, it's really cute :p

Thanks a ton!

UPDATES:
Hatched a new Skarmory w/ Drill Peck
Haunter and Kadabra evolved into Gengar and Alakazam
Raised a Level 55 Poliwrath with a Mind-Reader/Fissure combo
Old March 12th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If its not in the English one then it was obviously cut to make room for commercials and save time. Most likely there isn't one that exists with the full ending. Its very common thing to happen to imported cartoons, anime, and movies.
Old March 12th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
It was indeed cut from the English Version. 4kids cuts a lot of things. And sadly, I looked on Youtube but I couldn't find the English ending, I apologize. That is another thing I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be there because the Pokemon Company does everything with intention.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 23rd, 2013 (08:36 PM).
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
So, I just watched a review on Pokemon the First Movie and I realized something. Ash has died a good amount of times in the series. Has someone actually made a list of all his deaths/near-death experiences he's faced? And if so, where can I find it?
Old March 29th, 2013 (05:40 AM).
adam672
Unhatched Egg

I have been watching the first 3 seasons for a while, and finally completed it. Later that day, I saw an episode of Unova on Cartoon Network was on. I went to it because I have never watched anything in this region before. Then I heard ash talk, and it doesn't sound like him from the first few seasons. Does anyone know when they changed voice actors, and how many they have had?
Old March 29th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
The dub switched voice actors after Season 8, when TPCi started dubbing Pokémon instead of 4Kids. Ash has technically had three voice actors if you count the alternate TPCi one in Mastermind of the Mirage Pokémon [Kayzie Rogers], but for everything else it was just Veronica Taylor and then Sarah Natochenny.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old April 2nd, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Thomas Wiencek

Some of the following main characters' Pokémon from the Pokémon anime TV show, who decided that they wouldn't be able to evolve include:
  • Ash's Pikachu & Bulbasaur
  • Dawn's Piplup
  • Meowth of the Team Rocket
So, does anyone really knows about the reason they refused to evolve? And why does Meowth of the Team Rocket hates Persian?
Old April 2nd, 2013 (01:25 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2013 by Luc-R-io.
Luc-R-io
Unhatched Riolu Egg

Nature: Mild
I dont know why the main characters' pokemon dont want to evolve, but isnt the reason why Meowth hates Persian is because Meowth is jealous? Meowth wants to be the one getting petted and loved by the big boss (Giovanni)? I mean... that's always what I thought at least

Ash's Pikachu won't evolve because that's the mascot of Pokemon. And maybe, just maybe, they want to keep some pokemon cute so kids will still like the show?

Old April 2nd, 2013 (01:38 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Right, well, the out-of-universe explanation for Pikachu is just that he's the mascot and they ain't gonna evolve him. Especially not this long into it. In-universe, though...

Pikachu didn't want to evolve just to beat Lt Surge's Raichu, and now just doesn't want to evolve because he likes being a Pikachu and feels he can do everything a Raichu could just just as well. Piplup didn't want to evolve because he liked the way he is and preferred to stay that way. Same with Bulbasaur. I guess all their reasons are pretty similar.

Meowth is a bit tricky, as his general past is a bit hazy. He might have once been Giovanni's Top Cat, only to be replaced by a Persian. That's pretty debatable, though, as some episodes seem to contradict that story. The other reason would be that he lost the Meowth he loved to a Persian pride leader. That's definitely true, but the Top Cat explanation has been given in-show to explain the hatred. Even if it might not be entirely truthful.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old April 2nd, 2013 (03:56 PM).
shenanigans
in rainbows

aaaaand merging this into the simple questions thread!
Old April 2nd, 2013 (04:34 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

According to an anime book I read some Pokemon don't evolve because they like there current form or personality and don't want to change form. That's what I know, anyway, but I honestly doubt that this is entirely true because each Pokemon has its own reason not to evolve.

Old April 3rd, 2013 (10:39 AM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
hey so

Would you guys say that a new PMD episode is going to be made? I would really like that, but…anybody who knows even a little more will be able to explain it better to me :p

Old April 9th, 2013 (04:14 AM). Edited April 9th, 2013 by AnonygooseD.
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I've just re-watched the very first episode & in a scene there was a golden Ho-Oh, what gives?
Also on the cover of the first movie there was Snubbull, a gen 2 pokemon...
Can someone tell me what's going on & why they did this?
Old April 9th, 2013 (06:29 AM).
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Time shenanigans. Time shenanigans everywhere.
Old April 9th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Time shenanigans. Time shenanigans everywhere.
Um... What?
That seems irrelevant but I can guess what you mean, I just want to know why they did this...
Old April 9th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Kalama
Unhatched Egg

Hello guys, I'm so sorry if this is wrong place to start this thread, but I am really frustrated.
So, here's the thing. There is this soundtrack, when Pikachu is battling Tobias' Latios, I've been looking everywhere, for over 4 hours and can't find it... Anyone can tell me the title? Please, help me
If it's wrong section for this thread, move it, please.
I apologize for my english also.
Old April 9th, 2013 (12:32 PM).
stranger

AnonygooseD & Kalama, I merged your threads in here guys. In future if you have some simple or quick questions, just post them in here rather than posting a whole new thread. Thanks! :]

Merged.

surrounded by sweet easing pressure
no room for thoughts, but time for adventure
Old April 9th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
hey so

Would you guys say that a new PMD episode is going to be made? I would really like that, but…anybody who knows even a little more will be able to explain it better to me :p
It doesn't look like they'll be making one anytime soon. It's been four months or so since Gates to Infinity was released in Japan, and the other PMD promo specials were released within about four days of the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
I've just re-watched the very first episode & in a scene there was a golden Ho-Oh, what gives?
Also on the cover of the first movie there was Snubbull, a gen 2 pokemon...
Can someone tell me what's going on & why they did this?
I'm not sure what they were thinking with Ho-oh, but it did seem to lead Ash into adventure on multiple occasions. Its dex entry from Crystal stated "It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings." So, you know, that fits with Ash being innocent hero and all. And also "It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness." Ash is forever ten and getting to do whatever he wants. Hmmm.

Snubbull, though, appeared in the Pikachu's Vacation short along with Marill. They were there as a preview for Gen II 'mon, rather like how Orange Islands introduced and featured some native to Johto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalama View Post
Hello guys, I'm so sorry if this is wrong place to start this thread, but I am really frustrated.
So, here's the thing. There is this soundtrack, when Pikachu is battling Tobias' Latios, I've been looking everywhere, for over 4 hours and can't find it... Anyone can tell me the title? Please, help me :)
If it's wrong section for this thread, move it, please.
I apologize for my english also.
Umm well you can check out this page and see if it's listed there- you might be looking for A Battle In Mid-Air. I'm not really sure, man. Pokémon anime BGM seems pretty difficult to find. I'm still trying to figure out what the Koaruhie theme is. :(
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old April 10th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
And also "It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness." Ash is forever ten and getting to do whatever he wants. Hmmm.
OMG that's very convincing it must be true! :D
Old May 3rd, 2013 (10:52 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2013 by Anszkz.DkLt.
Anszkz.DkLt
The Semi-Newb

Nature: Brave
Hey guys I just wondered about the story arcs.

Why do you think there are two anime series(es) under the Pokemon franchise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anszkz.DkLt
There is Pokemon with Ash as the main protagonist then there's Pocket Monsters
with Hiro as the main protagonist.. That's two animes both about pokemon, in
the same universe, in the same places, same villains, yet with different storyline
and to top it off, if you watch both animes there's not a single sign that they
even co-exist. Then there's also the storyline in the games, why don't they include
that? I mean seriously, just what the heck is up? Is that some sort of parallel
universe?

Opinions would be great guys :3

Current Challenges
  • Hunger Games Challenge - District 12 - Emerald (0/8)
Old May 4th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Um... what are you talking about exactly? As far as I know there's only one Pokemon anime series in the form of sagas. I've never heard of a second series where there is a main character named Hiro.

Old May 7th, 2013 (11:27 PM).
FIKRI 29
Pokemon tamer

Why ash's pikachu not evolve to Raichu ?
Old May 8th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Because changing anime mascot would give heart attack to hardcore Pikachu fans.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links