The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old April 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I'm contemplating doing a Dragon run through on my Leaf Green and I need help with my team.

Moves:
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Moves:
Outrage
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Moves:
Hyper Beam
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Dance

Moves:
Megahorn
Brick Break
Dig
Thrash

Moves:
Rock Slide
Fly
Flamethrower
Steel Wing

Can anybody suggest a sixth member for my team with a potential moveset and review the team I have here?

It would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Old April 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I honestly don't know what a Nidoking has to do with a Dragon team, but nonetheless.

Blast Burn is a pretty bad move, and in almost all cases (except if you are about to faint anyway), using two Flamethrowers will do more damage and allows switching or items. You only have special attacks on Dragonite. It has decent special attack, but its attack stat is too high not to use. Gyarados has pretty pathetic special attack, if you must use a special attack, use Surf, as it still gets STAB. Also Hyper Beam is an awful move, just don't use it. Dig and Thrash are pretty bad also. Nidoking has decent enough special attack to use moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Don't use Flamethrower on Aerodactyl, I'm sorry to say this but you just wasted 4000 coins on nothing. For the last team spot, if you still want to use the a dragonish Pokémon, Lance used a Lapras and Kangaskhan in Stadium.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:32 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I honestly don't know what a Nidoking has to do with a Dragon team, but nonetheless.

Blast Burn is a pretty bad move, and in almost all cases (except if you are about to faint anyway), using two Flamethrowers will do more damage and allows switching or items. You only have special attacks on Dragonite. It has decent special attack, but its attack stat is too high not to use. Gyarados has pretty pathetic special attack, if you must use a special attack, use Surf, as it still gets STAB. Also Hyper Beam is an awful move, just don't use it. Dig and Thrash are pretty bad also. Nidoking has decent enough special attack to use moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Don't use Flamethrower on Aerodactyl, I'm sorry to say this but you just wasted 4000 coins on nothing. For the last team spot, if you still want to use the a dragonish Pokémon, Lance used a Lapras and Kangaskhan in Stadium.

Thanks for the advice. I'm revising the moves for my potential team and I think I've got things sorted out. How about this:

Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Focus Punch (for Rock weakness)
Substitute

Moves:
Outrage
Brick Break
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Moves:
Hydro Pump (Although Gyarados has weak Sp. Atk, it's the most powerful STAB move I can give it and it still has decent accuracy).
Body Slam
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Moves:
Megahorn
Brick Break
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Moves:
Rock Slide
Fly
Strength
Steel Wing

Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Confuse Ray

*Nidoking looks like a Dinosaur so in that respect, I guess he's Dragon-ish.

Last edited by RoreyG; April 10th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links