The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, like the previous generation, treated us to two different games at the Game Corner. These were the mandatory slot machines, and the newly introduced Pokémon roulette wheel. So which did you enjoy playing more? How do you think the slots compared to other generations? What other games would you have liked to see there?

Discuss!

So Skitty~
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I love the roulette. I used to play that thing for hours and it was much more fun than the slots imo. Slots are better irl than in a game, but that's just imo. That roulette though...omg. <3
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved the roulette as well. It was way more fun than the slots and I liked picking particular parts to land on but I never got lucky most of the time lol, or maybe it's because I was never into the Game Corner a lot.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old April 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Haha, I was just playing Sapphire last night, and remembered how much more I loved roulette over the slots when I went to the Game Corner (the slots had seem a little overdone at that point). I wish we would've been able to bet more coins, though, since even on the special days at the Game Corner, the max bet was 6 coins, with a jackpot of 72.
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Roulette, because that was pretty much the only game in my whole Pokémon Game Corner experience in which I could actually stack up some coins.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
The slot machines were okay, but I liked GSC's better. I really loved the roulette. I would spend hours playing it just for fun. And who says the Game Corner makes children addicted to gambling?
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I just preferred the roulette machines in R/S/E to the slot machines as the were new.
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:52 PM
JustChillin810
xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx

Nature: Brave
The roulette was really fun and it seemed to be the most strategical out of all of the them

Pikachu is boss!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Anszkz.DkLt
The Semi-Newb

Nature: Brave
Ah, I used to beat on the Elite 4 with a held Amulet Coin like a bully taking lunch money from a kid, then I'd blow it all on the roulette (like what bully would probably do eventually)

Current Challenges
  • Hunger Games Challenge - District 12 - Emerald (0/8)

Last edited by Anszkz.DkLt; May 3rd, 2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Hidden Power

I was never much into game corner in any Pokemon game. The slots are practically the same as the previous versions, but the roulette seems a little easier to you win, although the coins gainned aren't that high. I'm still prefering rematching trainers and Elite Four with Amulet Coin while my team gain some experience along.

Sponsored Links