The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Cherrim's Avatar
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Waterloo, ON
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
hi guys i'm new here i just finished my several-months-long journey of reading Homestuck and now I've caught up and I don't know what to do with myself?? How do updates even work lmao. T_T Do I just have to check everyday and hope an update has occurred? help me I'm still confused

Username: Lightning
Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
How far have you read: literally caught up about 30 seconds ago
Answer current topic: Okay I would definitely be the client player. It's more dangerous, I guess, but I feel like they just have to follow orders because it's the server player who's setting everything up and directing the flow of action. I feel like I'd get way too overwhelmed by everything so I'd want to just follow directions for my entry until I got the hang of it and someone else's fate rested in my hands. :P

----

I think the Alpha kids have much more cohesive relationships (to me) than the Beta kids simply because they appear so much later in the story. We've seen the game start up and get played so many times by this point that we no longer have to concentrate on the details of how it works. We know what the deal is and aside from the distinctions of null/void/whatever games so we don't need details of how everyone is faring while they play the game. So that leaves a lot more room to focus on relationships and character flaws. Factor in that they didn't have nearly the same size cast talking to them as the Beta kids did (which was the kids + a bunch of trolls) and I just felt like we got to connect a lot more to each character... whether they were interesting or not. I think the only one of the Alpha kids I can't really relate to very well because I can't get inside their head is Jake because he's so weird and oblivious... whereas the Beta kids, I liked them a lot in the very beginning but then we just skimmed over so much of their character development.

Like, the Beta kids had some great moments here and there but I didn't really feel like I got to know them until the intermissons where they were travelling for 3 years. :/ That's when they settled down and we got a better look at how they interact with people, especially in the flesh where you don't quite have all the same nuances as online conversations. So while I appreciate all of them simply because they're part of such a large story and I've revisited them so much, I don't feel nearly as attached to their relationship dynamics as I do for the Alpha kids because a lot of it just felt kind of forced on me as time went on.

I'm fine with subtext and picking up on things that have happened off-camera, so to speak, so I'm not necessarily disappointed in how the Beta kids were presented but I've really liked seeing how the Alpha kids interact and the focus on their relationships and personal issues. I feel a lot more worried about the Alpha kids now than I think I did for any other characters over the course of reading... but maybe that's just because for once I actually have to wait to see this resolved? :P
__________________

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Reply With Quote
  #152    
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cid's Avatar
Cid
Find your niche.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beneath the sky.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Gosh you guys. I leave for a day and come back with tons of posts to catch up to. ;; I love the activity. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I ninja'd you, it seems ;D posted a little boring topic but nevertheless a new question to answer, yay!

HAPPY THREE MONTHS, FELLOW HOMESTUCK CLUBBERS!

I've never hosted a club before this but I felt a need to be able to talk about one of the things I like the most, on one of the places I like the most; Homestuck on PC. Thank you for having made this club a living, friendly place :)

Maybe I should revamp the first post somehow? Though I quite like it as it is now ^^ That image to the right of the text is one of my favorite Homestuck images ever. It's not too spoilersome about LE and alpha kids and stuff either. So maybe I'll just keep it ^^ What do you guys think?

Yay, emblem! I could try my hand at it if you guys are ok with that. I'm not the boss here just because I'm the club owner, of course, so if someone feels like making an emblem as well, post it here and we can, like, discuss or vote if necessary ^^

Also, page 0080000 maybe is something Vriska likes. It has an 8 in it, after all.
No this topic is great! Not boring at all. I read all your answers and you all made good points (your reasons for choosing are pretty funny and adorable, haha). I'll just try to reply to stuff that I wished to reply to first. I'll answer these two great topics I haven't answered yet in a following post, I promise! XD;

It's our pleasure, btw! I'm happy and thankful that you made this club as well. It's one of those things that keep me coming to PC. <3; Really I just look forward to it as much as I look forward to the updates on the site itself, haha. Blame my inherent inability to not go to the mspaforums and socialize there (because being in more than one forum is hard, yo). Also no need to revamp the first post! It looks spectacular already. ;) Also I think you should make the emblem if no one else is willing to. ^^; I saw some of what you posted and I really like them! Oh and I see, a Vriska-centric 80000 upd8 sounds pretty likely. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gunner View Post
@Cid

Spoiler:
Since the color of the logo represents the most important player in the session like Sburb Beta's was Jade and Sgrub's was Gamzee and Sburb Alpha's might be Karkat, Dave, ARquisprite, or maybe even Lord English, I think the cherub's is Calliope coz the color is light gray which is the color of Calliope's... and maybe inside it is Alternate Calliope, the one who actually predominated instead of Caliborn. Considering it is found in a juju chest in somewhere that has the shape of Yaldabaoth, it kinda checks out imo.
Spoiler:
That is possible! The Sburb Alpha reasoning sounds weird though. Perhaps it is actually a cursor after all, eheh. We'll see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
EDIT: I threw together some images we could use for emblems. See anyone you like in particular?



Because if I were allowed to choose freely, It'd definitely be a jadekat emblem soooo 8D
Better work to change my mind, pals!

EDIT2: Hmm, a Condesce / Meenah pic would be awesome, come to think of it. The description could be that the Condesce thanks you for having been lullied into following the club for so long. Adding.

Those three are my top picks, in decreasing preference (Casey and John just look adorable okay! also I love the Doctor as a music piece and nothing reminds me of LOWAS than those two). All of it looks lovely, actually. I think we should just go for an emblem that people can think of a cool title or description for, haha. The Condesce / Meenah emblems look pretty awesome too, so since you already have a quirky description in mind (I approve!) I think those are two of our top candidates. :3
that jadekat emblem is adorable though lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
I's rather be the server player to start out. Messing with people's houses and such is just too fun :P

dibs on being red's server

On the pictures...I like the Beta Kids Pose Pic. And the one woth Rose making a W mustache...

oh and HAPY 3 mONSTHERVERSARY
I was asked to be Gunner's server player (basically the last one to enter actually, when Gunner laid out his plans) so I suppose I should get dibs on that! XD; Also, whoever is the first one to enter, please be easy on me. I am probably going to fail as a final client player, lol. Those meteors be scary, son.

Rose making a W mustache looks like it could have a cool caption, actually. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Haha, whenever I do make that Homestuck-esque remade RP, you can be my server ;D

I actually like the alpha kids pic better, if we are to pick one of those two :3 Of course I like all of those I listed, but my faves are probably alpha kids, casey & john, and the condesce.


Somehow, I think that the alpha kids are a better group, as a group, than the beta kids. Listen to my here rant :3 You may object and say I'm wrong, I'm not entirely sure of my opinion myself but ^^
John and Dave are said to be best bros but they mostly bicker and didn't even meet up in the game. John and Jade are kind of like cute siblings, for a while, but their relation isn't really deep imo. John and Rose have had some really nice moments, like the whole Act 1 and 2 and 3 pretty much + when she went grimdark. They seem to be really good friends on a level I can sympathize with.

Rose and Dave's relation is really interesting, even more so since they found out about their siblinghood. Their interactions on the meteor, and long before that when they were about to go to use The Tumor, was really touching. But still, Dave is very shallow in his ways and Rose is so toned down in her manners so maybe that's why the beta kids feel a bit less tight as a group. Their interactions aren't as colorful as between the alpha kids. Rose and Jade have hardly communicated at all, have they?? I can't recall many memorable logs between the two but maybe I'm forgetful.

Dave and Jade is an interesting thing. They have done a lot together on her planet, and Jade even went out with Davesprite so obvs there is something there. And it's cute how Jade's all "swoooon, soooo coool!" in the beginning of Homestuck, but I don't really know what they end up with at the end of Act 5. I couldn't really create a conversation between them if I tried to write a fanfic, is what I think.


Now, with the alpha kids, Hussie focused A LOT more on character interaction. He even went as far as making them go TRICKSTER MODE and get a hangover to force them to figure stuff out about themselves and each other. While I pretty much liked all the beta kids from the start, it took a long time until the alpha kids grew on me, but now I enjoy reading about them and wish that the narrative could switch back from Caliborn/Vriska/Bonebone to furthestring!Dirk Or OBEY!Jane or freakedout!Jake or whatshappening!Roxy.

Pretty much all the panels featuring them between Jane's birthday party and their ascension showed of the wonderful (sometimes wonderfully terrible) relationships the four of them have. I think Hussie has done a really great job. It becomes even more fascinating when you think about them actually being the guardians/parents of the beta kids. Bro, Mom, Nanna and Grandpa.
/rant over.

But speaking of which. I've always wondered why the guardians knew about SBURB before the kids started playing, why they were all so adept at fighting and how Grandpa managed to take dream!Jade's body back to the island -

Hang on. I might have really missed something big here. Maybe I've just forgotten, simply. But... Why was Grandpa alive on LOWAS? What have I forgotten >.<
That rant whoa. I have to agree though. As much as I tend to lean on the characters I originally learned to love (and made me stick with reading Homestuck in the first place), I just think Hussie had more chances (and took them) to develop the alpha kids, with wonderful results. The four guardians are so quirky and diverse it's just a joy to see them onscreen. Jane sort of got the short end of that stick but so did Jade back in the early days. :(

The adeptness I have no clue where those came from, but I guess it means they're all destined for greatness? Considering ectobabies (basically chosen ones) and how paradox space works of course. Also I'm pretty sure Grandpa was alive because time works differently in the Medium and does not match up with the time of Earth. Look at [S] Dirk: Unite. Which I have to mention has part two of the best Homestuck song ever ([S] Dirk: Synchronize has part one). Thus Grandpa probably entered the Frog Temple portal or something before he died, and he got Jade's dead dream self on his way back (which is how Jade sees this doll as a young kid and gets bothered by it in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
hi guys i'm new here i just finished my several-months-long journey of reading Homestuck and now I've caught up and I don't know what to do with myself?? How do updates even work lmao. T_T Do I just have to check everyday and hope an update has occurred? help me I'm still confused

I think the Alpha kids have much more cohesive relationships (to me) than the Beta kids simply because they appear so much later in the story. We've seen the game start up and get played so many times by this point that we no longer have to concentrate on the details of how it works. We know what the deal is and aside from the distinctions of null/void/whatever games so we don't need details of how everyone is faring while they play the game. So that leaves a lot more room to focus on relationships and character flaws. Factor in that they didn't have nearly the same size cast talking to them as the Beta kids did (which was the kids + a bunch of trolls) and I just felt like we got to connect a lot more to each character... whether they were interesting or not. I think the only one of the Alpha kids I can't really relate to very well because I can't get inside their head is Jake because he's so weird and oblivious... whereas the Beta kids, I liked them a lot in the very beginning but then we just skimmed over so much of their character development.

Like, the Beta kids had some great moments here and there but I didn't really feel like I got to know them until the intermissons where they were travelling for 3 years. :/ That's when they settled down and we got a better look at how they interact with people, especially in the flesh where you don't quite have all the same nuances as online conversations. So while I appreciate all of them simply because they're part of such a large story and I've revisited them so much, I don't feel nearly as attached to their relationship dynamics as I do for the Alpha kids because a lot of it just felt kind of forced on me as time went on.

I'm fine with subtext and picking up on things that have happened off-camera, so to speak, so I'm not necessarily disappointed in how the Beta kids were presented but I've really liked seeing how the Alpha kids interact and the focus on their relationships and personal issues. I feel a lot more worried about the Alpha kids now than I think I did for any other characters over the course of reading... but maybe that's just because for once I actually have to wait to see this resolved? :P
OMG I'm really happy to see you here and caught up with Homestuck, Lightning. Welcome! <333
Congrats, too! I love the feeling of accomplishing stuff like that and I sure as heck loved catching up with everyone else. I remember the exact update I caught up, haha (Jane's birthday, specifically when Jake was being a douche to her).

Also that's how the updates work, yup. It took some time to get used to but I managed to control myself and not obsessively check the MSPA site every few hours for an update, lol. You don't have to check everyday but Hussie usually updates everyday or at the very least every other day (he can stop updating abruptly or skip days whenever he feels like it though). Now I just let them pile up and trust that other people in this club are able to inform me if a huge update comes up. @_@

I also liked the Beta kids a lot in the very beginning! But I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's kind of a shame to not have seen the Beta kids get more character development because of the exposition-filled pesterlogs of the earlier acts, but it is how it had to happen. The fandom largely fills in the void for their characterizations, though; Hussie tends to tip his hat off to the fandom in many ways so it's all good. It's weird though. To think that it's only been this act since we've formally been introduced to the Alpha kids and yet they got so much development (though each Act 6 Act X sort of has lots of meat anyway) compared to the Beta kids. And nobody ever takes poor Jade seriously. ;;

Maybe the conversion from archival reading to serial reading does make your opinion different. XD; If it helps, I'm also eager to see what happened to the Alpha kids too. So I don't think it's just that.
__________________

Last edited by Cid; April 5th, 2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: 2,500th post yay
Reply With Quote
  #153    
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
yo guys whats glub im here for your daily dose of T)(-EORY brought to you by M-E-ENA)( P-EIX-ES so you betta LIST-EN

Spoiler:
so the thing is the weapon treashore thingy serket got is transparent
the ending to homestuck is gonna be clamiborn or skully or L-E or W)(AT-EV-ER trapped in the box and cus hes green and stuff the box turns green and imma bet on it that orange guy is gonna appear and say hes homestuck or some stuff like that

or maybe the treashore weapon is actually

i dunno



a new game disc

and yes it totally had to be in italy or what you call it

either way tanks for checking this out dont say nasty stuff imma FORK YOU

meenah peixes out

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
That was horribly OOC Meenah oh my god but srsly i like roleplaying ;_;
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #154    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Spoiler:
That was horribly OOC Meenah oh my god but srsly i like roleplaying ;_;
Have you ever considered an original character? (red knows where im goin with this)
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Reply With Quote
  #155    
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
hi guys i'm new here i just finished my several-months-long journey of reading Homestuck and now I've caught up and I don't know what to do with myself?? How do updates even work lmao. T_T Do I just have to check everyday and hope an update has occurred? help me I'm still confused

Username: Lightning
Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
How far have you read: literally caught up about 30 seconds ago
Answer current topic: Okay I would definitely be the client player. It's more dangerous, I guess, but I feel like they just have to follow orders because it's the server player who's setting everything up and directing the flow of action. I feel like I'd get way too overwhelmed by everything so I'd want to just follow directions for my entry until I got the hang of it and someone else's fate rested in my hands. :P

----

I think the Alpha kids have much more cohesive relationships (to me) than the Beta kids simply because they appear so much later in the story. We've seen the game start up and get played so many times by this point that we no longer have to concentrate on the details of how it works. We know what the deal is and aside from the distinctions of null/void/whatever games so we don't need details of how everyone is faring while they play the game. So that leaves a lot more room to focus on relationships and character flaws. Factor in that they didn't have nearly the same size cast talking to them as the Beta kids did (which was the kids + a bunch of trolls) and I just felt like we got to connect a lot more to each character... whether they were interesting or not. I think the only one of the Alpha kids I can't really relate to very well because I can't get inside their head is Jake because he's so weird and oblivious... whereas the Beta kids, I liked them a lot in the very beginning but then we just skimmed over so much of their character development.

Like, the Beta kids had some great moments here and there but I didn't really feel like I got to know them until the intermissons where they were travelling for 3 years. :/ That's when they settled down and we got a better look at how they interact with people, especially in the flesh where you don't quite have all the same nuances as online conversations. So while I appreciate all of them simply because they're part of such a large story and I've revisited them so much, I don't feel nearly as attached to their relationship dynamics as I do for the Alpha kids because a lot of it just felt kind of forced on me as time went on.

I'm fine with subtext and picking up on things that have happened off-camera, so to speak, so I'm not necessarily disappointed in how the Beta kids were presented but I've really liked seeing how the Alpha kids interact and the focus on their relationships and personal issues. I feel a lot more worried about the Alpha kids now than I think I did for any other characters over the course of reading... but maybe that's just because for once I actually have to wait to see this resolved? :P
Welcome, Lightning! I'll add you.

You just check every day AT LEAST once a day haha. Well no, you shouldn't check as maniacally as I do 8D It's just that in the wake of these recent mindblowing updates, I've been hanging around the mspa forums as well and you can't really log on there before reading the latest update because then everything will be spoiled for you xD

Better to log on here since we always put the update from the latest date in spoilers :3

I agree with what you say on the alpha and beta kids.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Gosh you guys. I leave for a day and come back with tons of posts to catch up to. ;; I love the activity. <3

No this topic is great! Not boring at all. I read all your answers and you all made good points (your reasons for choosing are pretty funny and adorable, haha). I'll just try to reply to stuff that I wished to reply to first. I'll answer these two great topics I haven't answered yet in a following post, I promise! XD;

It's our pleasure, btw! I'm happy and thankful that you made this club as well. It's one of those things that keep me coming to PC. <3; Really I just look forward to it as much as I look forward to the updates on the site itself, haha. Blame my inherent inability to not go to the mspaforums and socialize there (because being in more than one forum is hard, yo). Also no need to revamp the first post! It looks spectacular already. ;) Also I think you should make the emblem if no one else is willing to. ^^; I saw some of what you posted and I really like them! Oh and I see, a Vriska-centric 80000 upd8 sounds pretty likely. :D
Oh, I'm so happy you think that :D I feel the same lol the atmosphere over at the official mspa forums isn't all like it is here and people are I dunno it feels different is all. I like better to have an interested group on my favorite forum to talk about Homestuck instead. Namely this club.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post

Those three are my top picks, in decreasing preference (Casey and John just look adorable okay! also I love the Doctor as a music piece and nothing reminds me of LOWAS than those two). All of it looks lovely, actually. I think we should just go for an emblem that people can think of a cool title or description for, haha. The Condesce / Meenah emblems look pretty awesome too, so since you already have a quirky description in mind (I approve!) I think those are two of our top candidates. :3
that jadekat emblem is adorable though lmao


I was asked to be Gunner's server player (basically the last one to enter actually, when Gunner laid out his plans) so I suppose I should get dibs on that! XD; Also, whoever is the first one to enter, please be easy on me. I am probably going to fail as a final client player, lol. Those meteors be scary, son.

Rose making a W mustache looks like it could have a cool caption, actually. 8)
Yeah, I've thought some more about it and if you guys are ok with it I want to go with the John/Casey emblem. It's just too adorable. I'll figure out some adorable/really homestucknerdy caption for it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
yo guys whats glub im here for your daily dose of T)(-EORY brought to you by M-E-ENA)( P-EIX-ES so you betta LIST-EN

Spoiler:
so the thing is the weapon treashore thingy serket got is transparent
the ending to homestuck is gonna be clamiborn or skully or L-E or W)(AT-EV-ER trapped in the box and cus hes green and stuff the box turns green and imma bet on it that orange guy is gonna appear and say hes homestuck or some stuff like that

or maybe the treashore weapon is actually

i dunno



a new game disc

and yes it totally had to be in italy or what you call it

either way tanks for checking this out dont say nasty stuff imma FORK YOU

meenah peixes out

Spoiler:


Spoiler:
That was horribly OOC Meenah oh my god but srsly i like roleplaying ;_;
Hahah that was amazing! Love the fish puns, love Meenah <3 Since I mostly RP on PC and we almost never play as canon/established characters here, I find it very difficult to impersonate a character someone else created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Have you ever considered an original character? (red knows where im goin with this)
^

;) Chain is easily established from what you've replied to this topic ^^

Lightning < Red < Lt Col < Gunner < Cid

Lightning enters first as a client under my servership and in the end Cid has to enter the medium last with Lightning as the server. More people could be crammed in between Lt Col and Gunner or me and Lightning. /fantasises

__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General



Last edited by Adventure; April 6th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #156    
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Leijon's Avatar
Leijon
coz darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Oh god the Casey emblem is so cute! And I want to be first in the chain! ::::( Whatevs i guess.

I can only imagine the 8eta kids having a hands free device 8efore........
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #157    
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive

Name: Dear Sweet Casey
Description: The Homestuck fanclub ruse was a DISTACTION. Behold robes, Y/N? Being a kid and growing up, it's hard and nobody understands. OBEY. tumut

Well technically people can enter at the same time.

Say Lightning and Gunner enters at the same time. Then, due to shenanigans, Lt Col brings me into the medium and Gunner brings Lt Col in before Cid gets over his pre-entry shenanigans and finally enter with Lightning as server. Totally works ^^

Not that it matters ^^

On an unrelated note, has any of you read this? Much of it is very non-canon since Hussie implemented a lot of new things since it was started, but the SBURB it depicts is very detailed and in some ways more interesting than the foggy canon version imo.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #158    
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Have you ever considered an original character? (red knows where im goin with this)
About original characters, do you guys have fantrolls? I have 13 fantrolls, twelve fansession ones and one which is the start of my 7 deadly sins-set. She's Lust.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159    
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
About original characters, do you guys have fantrolls? I have 13 fantrolls, twelve fansession ones and one which is the start of my 7 deadly sins-set. She's Lust.
No, I don't make fantrolls. Always liked the humans more than the trolls so a fan-human would me more likely for me to make up in my head ^^ I've even read somewhere that Hussie always really meant for the trolls to be a fun, temporary thing. That's why he killed off a lot of characters so easily at the end of Act 5, and why he didn't include many details about their session even though it was much longer than the humans'. I guess they became too popular to not let some of them linger with important roles though ^^

I do wonder why the popularity of Homestuck surged to the skies when the trolls were introduced. I wasn't around in the fandom back then, but I've heard that's when things began to really expand. It's like there were fans who liked Homestuck just because of the trolls. I suppose that's perfectly possible actually. For me, it's the game and concept of SBURB I'm mainly a fan of.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #160    
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I kinda just like homestuck because of the occasional sbahj reafrance. Tbthtbthb

No but seriously I like it because of the chatacters and sburb.

On the troll topic, I kinda always liked the humans more really, with a few trolls being in my favs list (like Karkat, meenah, and sollux)

The way I check MSPA is with an aggregator app. It's just so convienant.
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; April 6th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #161    
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
About the recent update:
Spoiler:
Ahaha

Were Hussie and SS on the old moon of Alternia? They can't really be there any longer, can they? Since that whole universe has been destroyed, all of the timelines, and formed the Green Sun.

So where are they? In some other universe altogether (ours even??) or in dream bubbles? Apparently that is were Hussie put up those ticking curtains at the end of every act, anyways.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #162    
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Leijon's Avatar
Leijon
coz darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Hmm... The club is getting a little bit stale ::::<

Maybe a new topic perhaps?

If you were a troll, what kind of troll will you be? Quirks, Level at the hemospectrum, Heroic Title, etc. Can be canon or non-canon wise ::::>

I'll answer later coz mine's gonna be long ::::>
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #163    
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Ah, so we're making fantrolls after all ^^ Could be fun, I've never really thought up one. I'll think about it and answer later :3
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #164    
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
Oh wow selftrolls! Okay let's see...

Title: Heir of Space
Symbol: Something cat-related i guess? Idk.
Quirk: C|:3 Pretty cool and stuff, but ONCEE THEE ANGEER IS FREEEE NO ONEE CAN STOP MEE!!!
(yes that is a cat with a strawhat, yes that is one piece)
Blood color: Indigo or violet, not sure yet.
Sprite might be added later? Idk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165    
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Ok we'll keep the troll but lemme ask something else, and I just assume you've read the last days' updates now :3

Which Jack is your favorite?

There is Bec Noir (B1 session), Blinking Jack (B2 session) and Spades Slick (A2 session). We haven't seen A1 Jack and maybe never will.

Although Bec Noir is cool in so many ways, he's a bit too murderous for me to like before he does something remotely nice again in the comic. Blinking Jack, I have no thoughts on. Never really related to him and he murdered Jake and Jane so :(

Spades Slick is my pick! He is so darn badass. So darn funny. The Act3Intermission is really awesome if you're in the right mood (or if you've reached Act 5 or Act 6 and began puzzling pieces together and realize that stuff happening in the intermission were just so important after all) and now he's got the Felt and robo-bodyparts and LE's staff and the adorable Ms Paint as sidekick? And Arthour, of course.

Plus, he was Karkat's ally once. He's awesome. Please, Hussie, let him be a hero before all this is over. Don't you dare make him a villain when there's Bec Noir and Strangelypossessedblinking Jack to be villains enough.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #166    
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
Hm... I really like Bec Noir because he is so badass, but sadly enough for him... Spades Slick is badass and funny so my pick goes to him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #167    
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
And SS <3 Ms Paint is canon, officially declared by Hussie :D

But hey, if everyone was ok with that JohnCasey emblem and the description and name, I'll send it to Shiny Raichu now.

ALSO we've got 17 members in this Homestuck club! More or less active ones, but still it's cool!
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #168    
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Self troll? Hmmm...

Blood Color: Fuchsia. My patron troll is Fuchsia, so why shouldn't I be? Plus my sign is Pisces, and being the noblest of bloods is just so noble. I AM ROYALTY

Quirk: I guess my quirk would just be pretty much me typing and such. I dunno, maybe throw in a )-( before each line or something. Really I'd just keep it simple

Symbol: Pisces

Hero Title: I always get Bard of Heart, Bard of Blood, or Prince of Heart for quizzes. Bard of Heart just sounds cool, but a Bard of Blood is probably more useful...

Lusus/Sprite: The glub glub thingy probably. I mean, if I had a choice I'm totes going with the Magic Seahorse Eridan has. Or maybe a sweet narwhal.

Weapon: Tomohawk kind. So rad.

As for my favorite Jack, I'm going with Slick. Bec Noir is an asshat and Jack English/Anglo-Jackson/Billiards Jack is too not in control of his mental or physical self to be considered and independent character anymore.

Oh! And in case you havent sent off our emblem yet, the description needs more midnight crew. Maybe something like 1001/1000 time keeping devices destroyed?
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!

Last edited by Lt. Col. Fantastic; April 9th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #169    
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Leijon's Avatar
Leijon
coz darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
If you were a troll, what kind of troll will you be?

Blood Color: Cerulean. My patron troll is Cerulean or Cobalt and my sign is Scorpio. Besides, being a pir8 and being badass is just so cool not to be.

Quirk: Replaces the i sound with ai like in Hai, Bai, Gai, Shai, etc... Uses spider emoticons like ::::> ::::3 ::::) ::::(, etc. and mostly uses ALL CAPS and some typos her adn threr.

Symbol: Scorpio

Hero Title: I get Page of Breath, Sylph of Breath, and Page of Time in quizzes so... Sylph of Breath sounds cool... Page of Time is also cool... and it be pretty weird for me if I get Page of Breath as Tavros is one and my blood color, sign, quirks are similar to Vriska's... lol

Lusus/Sprite: Maybe a cute spider or liek Spidermom or something ::::>

Weapon: I prefer Swordkind or Bladekind coz swords are cool... 'nuff said.

Which Jack is your favorite?

Spades Slick. He's more cooler looking than Bec Noir and certainly less disturbing than murderous B2 Jack.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170    
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
There! Found the sprites of me as fantroll and fankid! Don't mind the suckish symbol, at least it's not a canon symbol *looks at above two posts*

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171    
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Are you sure every troll has their own symbol and that a symbol doesn't simply stand for their blood color? The dancestors and ancestors have the same symbols as the trolls, don't they?
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
  #172    
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
Yes. A symbol is unique, but in the rare case that two trolls share a symbol, it means they're in an ancestor-descendant relationship. It's mentioned somewhere that every caste has a huge alphabet of symbols, and it's generally frowned upon to have a fantroll sharing the same symbol as a canon troll. Call me the fantroll expert of the club XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173    
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
But If I'm fuschia blood, then I basically have to have the same symbol as my ancestor, who just happenes to be the only other fuschia blood in the galaxy, which means that theres really only one symbol for the heir/heiress and the emporer/empress to share.
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Reply With Quote
  #174    
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cavalreaper's Avatar
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North America
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Username: Cavalreaper
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: I'm completely up to date. I'm actually a pretty huge fan, and my username is a reference to the Nitrams.
==> Answer current topic: Probably a tealblood, and Spades Slick is my favorite variation of Jack Noir.
__________________
Tumblr | DeviantART | YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #175    
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Since we are fans and fantrolls are something that is made by fans, I'd say we can make our fantrolls however we want ^^ Pisces is my sign too~ But I wouldn't want to be a seadweller I think. I'd probably want teal blood because that's one of my favorite colors.

Welcome, Cavalreaper! I'll add you in.
__________________
mankind was born on earth
it was never meant to die here

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General


Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.