The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old April 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
pyrax91
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
how do i use this tool do i patch it to a rom?
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
TopleyBird

Keeps saying Unsupported File Type. Thoughts?
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
NARFNra
Unhatched Egg

Originally Posted by TopleyBird View Post
Keeps saying Unsupported File Type. Thoughts?
depends, what rom are you trying to open? is it modified at all? is it a zip file(it cant open zips)
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Okay, this tool is simply amazing.
One question, this tool support pokèmon rom from other languages?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old April 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM
NARFNra
Unhatched Egg

Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Okay, this tool is simply amazing.
One question, this tool support pokèmon rom from other languages?
in the readme:

Version 1.2.0 supports the following official ROMs:

* Pokemon Red (any)
* Pokemon Blue (any)
* Pokemon Green (J)
* Pokemon Yellow (any)
* Pokemon Gold (any except Korean)
* Pokemon Silver (any except Korean)
* Pokemon Crystal (any)
* Pokemon Ruby (any)
* Pokemon Sapphire (any)
* Pokemon Emerald (any)
* Pokemon FireRed (any)
* Pokemon LeafGreen (any)
* Pokemon Diamond (any)
* Pokemon Pearl (any)
* Pokemon Platinum (any)
* Pokemon HeartGold (any)
* Pokemon SoulSilver (any)
* Pokemon Black (any)
* Pokemon White (any)
* Pokemon Black2 (any)
* Pokemon White2 (any)

so yes, yes it does
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Hey Dabomstew
I think you should add support to GBA roms that have more than 354 moves
Like, specify the amount of moves in the ini, and people could modify that number to allow a LOT more moves to be had.
But if it would be too difficult, that's okay too.
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
luckyseven67
Unhatched Egg

I recently found this cause my friend wanted to try a Platinum Randomizer. I downlaod the 120a which didn't open even though gameboy_jap.tbl was in the config. And, I downloaded the 120a internal config instead, which when i load up the rom it won't save and many of the options are grayed out. And, yes I did use different base roms. So im not sure what the exact problem is cause every other generation works fine.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
HandofVengeance
Unhatched Egg

So i've got everything to randomize correctly except for BW and BW2. Each time i try it I get a folder called tmp_PokemonWhite2. This doesn't contain a .nds file. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by HandofVengeance; April 11th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Gave this a go the other day, it's really neat. Although I wish there was a way to tell the randomizer to only put water types (and any pokemon officially found in water that isn't a water type) in the water/fishing/diving. I like it random but not THAT random. I was fishing Absol out of the water in Pokemon Leaf Green. O.o

I tried Heart Gold first but I came across issues where parts of the map would become black and were like a wall. (It first occured in Violet city after exiting Bellsprout tower) However I tried it with Pokemon Leaf Green and it appears to work perfectly.

Heart Gold was funny though, one of the first pokemon I encountered after leaving New Bark Town was Arceus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbagecollector View Post
I Have a Huge Problem
in Soulsilver i cant do any trainerbattle and can cant visit any house after violet city and the city just ends because everywhere its just blackground where i cant go on
This seems exactly like what happened to HeartGold for me.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; April 11th, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM
ShyRayq

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofVengeance View Post
So i've got everything to randomize correctly except for BW and BW2. Each time i try it I get a folder called tmp_PokemonWhite2. This doesn't contain a .nds file. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
This is because the rom is where you SAVED the rom. When you randomized White, it would bring up a save to window thing to where you would save the new randomized rom. Just go to that location and there it is. The folder is just for the randomized to use.

Old April 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
bAdoing
No es here!

Would it be possible the log-file reads the item, ability and move names right of the ROM, so that for e.g. a German ROM the log file contains German moves, abilities and items? I'd like to use it as a kind of 'Pokédex', but I can't recognize many moves, abilities or items immediately and it's kind of annoying to look them up constantly
I'd even do the translation for you to implent (- if you'd tell me exactly how to do it).

Last edited by bAdoing; April 13th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
gail52
Unhatched Egg

Are there any plans to randomize core stat total?

I would greatly enjoy playing a game where i could find, say, a pikachu or krabby with base stats 680 or a charizard with base stats 350.

Then you would actually be able to use typically bad/weak/unevolved pokemon competitively on your team, if you found what's really strong in your game, and not just use the same old fully evolved powerhouses (even with random stat distribution, they are still the best).

If this has been done anywhere, please let me know!
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
caz162
Unhatched Egg

Two questions.
First have you thought about only including certain generations of pokemon? E.g. playing pokemon black with only generation 1 pokemon. Or Emerald with only generation 2 and 3 pokemon.

Second is the map in HG/SS. None of the pokemons locations are updating in the map. I found a mew in bellsprout tower. In the map is says area unknown. Are there plans to incorporate this?
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM
ShyRayq

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz162 View Post
Two questions.
First have you thought about only including certain generations of pokemon? E.g. playing pokemon black with only generation 1 pokemon. Or Emerald with only generation 2 and 3 pokemon.

Second is the map in HG/SS. None of the pokemons locations are updating in the map. I found a mew in bellsprout tower. In the map is says area unknown. Are there plans to incorporate this?
Okay about the second point, I believe the pokedex location is hard coded on the Gen IV and V games, so unless you recode that, you aren't gonna be able to change them. It'd be troublesome to do that anyway. Just use the .log file that comes with the randomization.

Old April 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sabrewulf238

Is there a way to play Pokemon Black/White randomized and also have the exp patch (or action replay code) activated?

It worked fine but then I realized I wouldn't gain exp....then it didn't work with a patched version.
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:30 AM
SerenadeKeys
Unhatched Egg

This is such a great program. It really brings a freshness to the old games even after multiple playthroughs. Excellent job.

Also, I'm curious if you're planning on randomizing the Pokemon Colosseum and/or Pokemon XD games, since I think it'd be awesome if your starting Espeon/Umbreon team were randomized. (Although it'd probably be tricky to program certain Pokemon to become Shadow Pokemon. But, then again, I know nothing about programming.)
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:54 AM
firstgermany
Unhatched Egg

I have the same problem, which is luckyseven67 having. I'm able to randomize gb, gbc and gba roms, but I can't randomize nds roms. Please any help??
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Darkforce002

Really good Randomizer (in fact my favorite), but there are some things that bug me or I think could make a good addition:

1. The B/W exp patch causes US G/S/C games to glitch out (Infinite exp gain, game self Soft Resets with glitchy colors (or playing Crystal will might display the "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color" screen) , straight up emulator crash, or all of the above)

2. Allowing the "Rival carries Starter through game" check box. If you don't want random Trainer Pokemon. but have random or selected starter Pokemon.

3. A "Level legitimacy" option or rule, so trainers/wild will have random level appropriate pokemon (so no more lvl 15 dragonites and lvl 3 charizards) but can put a Game Freak things like lvl 50 Dragonites can still happen. (and have the two below be compatible with this option)

4. a Trainer/wild pokemon level increaser. So you could input a single digit number, like 3 and then they can be randomly 0-3 levels higher. and have them separate (so you can somthing like 3 for trainers and 5 for wild pokemon)

5. a "Randomize Pokemon by type" option, which means each pokemon would be replaced by a random pokemon of it's type (example: a Trainer with 5 Zigzagoons, would instead have 5 random normal pokemon) (incase of dual types, the randomizer would just pick one type or choose a random pokemon of the same dual type).

Edit: I forgot to mention that when you give random names and/or classes to Trainers, your Rival may not keep the starter even though the "Rival carries Starter through game" is checked
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM
jywu
Unhatched Egg

One question: Will the randomized Pokemon have a chance of having their Hidden abilities even though you do not check the "Randomize abilities" box?

For example, a Lugia with Multiscale instead of Pressure.

Oh, and will different forms of randomized Pokemon appear?

Last edited by jywu; May 11th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
My thing has a problem. When I press save and replace the original file, it does not appear with the gen 4 and 5 games. Also, almost all the options are grayed out and I can't change much. How can I fix this? ( BTW, I'm using the Internal config version)

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!

Last edited by PhoenixWright77; May 15th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Darkforce002

Sorry if I necroposted, but the "Set minimum catch rate" option doesn't work (at least with the US versions of the 3rd gen games).
Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
coco33

things that would make this randomizer really eic
make it work on ALL hacks
make it randomize cries
randomize pokemon pallete colors
levels (maybe(
maybe through in a nuzlcoke patch
cant wait for the next relese
Old July 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
skates77

OK I suck at getting this thing to work. Sorry for the noob question but def need some help here. I have downloaded the randomizer a couple of times now and have use alzip and winrar to try and extract the files but after they are extracted and i click on them it still opens alzip or winrar. Am I suppose to put the files in a rom folder or is it suppose to be the a program that opens up?
Thanks for any and all help and sorry again
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Swissstromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWright77 View Post
My thing has a problem. When I press save and replace the original file, it does not appear with the gen 4 and 5 games. Also, almost all the options are grayed out and I can't change much. How can I fix this? ( BTW, I'm using the Internal config version)
I have the same Probem. pls help
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Brokendeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWright77 View Post
This is stumping me as well
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here