The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old March 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM
AimayBee
Mighty Spriter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
I found a way :D Open NSE goto>Edit>preferences>Width/Height to the desired number(16/32/64)>near save press the arrow at Index and make it All, after this press save and your done.
That's what I said. You can also use the options part then plugins to edit everything other than OWs.

I've had a few requests to make this hack an actual thing now. So I'm re-inserting the tileset into an earlier, non-corrupted file.

Let me know if you want the beta 0.5.
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
then this way really works...then no need to follow that big tutorial of karatekid..

okay anything bug or glitch founded,by using this method.

Last edited by hackstar; March 24th, 2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
PiplupGHacker
Keeping the dream alive.

Nature: Lonely
I'm sure this has been answered a billion times before, but..

Y U DO DIS GAEM? Shows up fine in Overworld Editor, but not in the game ._.
Thanks for the tutorial though, Irfanview is plenty useful for sprite editing/cropping/etc.
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post

Thanks for the tutorial though, Irfanview is plenty useful for sprite editing/cropping/etc.
I gotta say, that's a pretty nice OW u got there Well, It's probably a problem with the Palettes. Palettes ALWAYS have problems. If it isn't, there are a bunch more possibilities. Let me walk you through a few. First, try and see if you've done this:

If you have, It may be a problem with IrfanView. Save that OW as 0_0 or something, and open it with irfanview. (You should also include all the other OWs inside too, so it won't be so troublesome) Press Image>Palette>Edit Palette. Change the FIRST colour with the BACKGROUND colour. Now, save it as something else, and open that new img with Paint, and 0_0 on the other side. At 0_0, press "Select All" and copy the OWs and paste them on your new Paint. Save the new paint, and you can also delete 0_0 now. Open NSE (Wouldn't recommend you to use OWE) and import everything.

The third problem may come from, as I have previously stated, OWE. OWE is really buggy and it's abilities are VERY limited. Try to use NSE instead.
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
PiplupGHacker
Keeping the dream alive.

Nature: Lonely
Eh, I think the design of the character (black outline) is causing a problem. Honestly, I had taken those from the public section of Whack a Hack. I think I'm gonna try it with other sprites (I did try all you suggested, though) but if I can't get that to work I'll be fine with the original OWs for now.
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Quote:
Eh, I think the design of the character (black outline) is causing a problem. Honestly, I had taken those from the public section of Whack a Hack. I think I'm gonna try it with other sprites (I did try all you suggested, though) but if I can't get that to work I'll be fine with the original OWs for now.
Okay Just drop me a VM or post here anytime you need help.
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I dont know if this is relevant to you or not anymore, but it was the fact that you had black as the first palette. The first one on an overworld is the background color, which will always be transparent. In the program NSE you should be able to easily switch those around.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:

That is because you haven't indexed it properly. The old copy paste thingy in paint still works in Windows 7 & 8 if you download Paint XP.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
That is because you haven't indexed it properly. The old copy paste thingy in paint still works in Windows 7 & 8 if you download Paint XP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
I dont know if this is relevant to you or not anymore, but it was the fact that you had black as the first palette. The first one on an overworld is the background color, which will always be transparent. In the program NSE you should be able to easily switch those around.
Yup, like both of them said, the problem must have came from IrfanView's palette changing.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I tried to insert new OWs in my hack by this method and they seems to work fine. But problem is that after insert new OWs it screws up the palette of other OWs. Please help me.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
I tried to insert new OWs in my hack by this method and they seems to work fine. But problem is that after insert new OWs it screws up the palette of other OWs. Please help me.
Of course they will be since different OW's use the same Pallete.

In order for you to have a seperate pallete from the others use this tutorial by Quickster. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:37 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Thanks for giving me the link to that tutorial. Now I can add OWs without any problem.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:34 AM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
It makes the sprite poop at paint -__- anyways, thanks this helped a lot to my hack
Old March 28th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
I have a trouble when i try to import the OW, it says, index is out of the bound of array and The Sprites box becomes black! help me some one!
Old March 30th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaIndianCharizardX View Post
I have a trouble when i try to import the OW, it says, index is out of the bound of array and The Sprites box becomes black! help me some one!
Can you like show pictures? Obviously, you did something wrong. Follow the steps correctly and make sure you have a backup.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here