• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Favourite Game Corner Machine

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, like the previous generation, treated us to two different games at the Game Corner. These were the mandatory slot machines, and the newly introduced Pokémon roulette wheel. So which did you enjoy playing more? How do you think the slots compared to other generations? What other games would you have liked to see there?

Discuss!

Spr_3r_300.png

So Skitty~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love the roulette. I used to play that thing for hours and it was much more fun than the slots imo. Slots are better irl than in a game, but that's just imo. That roulette though...omg. <3

Years
I loved the roulette as well. It was way more fun than the slots and I liked picking particular parts to land on but I never got lucky most of the time lol, or maybe it's because I was never into the Game Corner a lot.

Years
Haha, I was just playing Sapphire last night, and remembered how much more I loved roulette over the slots when I went to the Game Corner (the slots had seem a little overdone at that point). I wish we would've been able to bet more coins, though, since even on the special days at the Game Corner, the max bet was 6 coins, with a jackpot of 72.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Roulette, because that was pretty much the only game in my whole Pokémon Game Corner experience in which I could actually stack up some coins.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Ah, I used to beat on the Elite 4 with a held Amulet Coin like a bully taking lunch money from a kid, then I'd blow it all on the roulette (like what bully would probably do eventually)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I was never much into game corner in any Pokemon game. The slots are practically the same as the previous versions, but the roulette seems a little easier to you win, although the coins gainned aren't that high. I'm still prefering rematching trainers and Elite Four with Amulet Coin while my team gain some experience along.

Back