The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
I have some questions

1. How do I add Pokemon to the game? How do you give them their official cry?

2.Is it possible to quickly replace an entire tileset in a ROM. For example is there a way to quickly switch out one Pokemon Center design with another?

3. How do you change OW's?

4. Is it possible to make Pokemon walk with you? How would you do that?

5. How do hackers edit the save-file type? The thing that causes some hacks to only work on VBA and not the actual GBA.
A lot of these can be answered by threads already open, so be sure to check next time.
First, always say the ROM you are using.
In Order:
1. Here's a tutorial: Tutorial
2. I'm not sure. Don't work too much with tilesets myself.
3. Another tutorial: Inserting new OWs
4. Research and Development on that, called the Follow Me Script: R+D
5. IDK about that either.
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Liquid crystal fan

Thanks! I looked but I couldn't find the info. And if anyone would be answer my second and fifth question that'd be cool.
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

For your 5th question, I don't think you can at all. I'm not quite sure how save-states work, but I don't think you can edit them.
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Thanks! I looked but I couldn't find the info. And if anyone would be answer my second and fifth question that'd be cool.
2) Do you mean swap them out on the fly while the game is running? Or just completely insert a new one. There are tons of tutorials for inserting new tiles.

5) They rewrite the ASM routine which controls saving. JPAN did this in order to make it more efficient and to free up some RAM space. His first try failed to save on GBA hardware, but he rewrote it again and this time it does work on GBA hardware. This is just one example.

Paired with Simba
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Liquid crystal fan

Not switching tilesets while playing the game. Just completely inserting a new one.

Like changing the all the poke centers in the game out with another one. I was trying with Advance map but it only works with tiles in fourths.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...65889505121928
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:02 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Like changing the all the poke centers in the game out with another one. I was trying with Advance map but it only works with tiles in fourths.
So you mean the outside or the inside of the PokeCenters? Or both?
Tileset 0 in Advance Map has the outside of the pokecenters.
Tileset 14 is the inside of a pokecenter.
I don't know how to edit either.
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
So you mean the outside or the inside of the PokeCenters? Or both?
Tileset 0 in Advance Map has the outside of the pokecenters.
Tileset 14 is the inside of a pokecenter.
I don't know how to edit either.
Just type in "tiles" in the search box in the tutorials section. There are sooo many tutorials on editing them.

Paired with Simba
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
A page has passed so:
Quote:
I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to port the POKeNAV to POKeMON FireRed? Not the one like in Liquid Crystal. I mean having it appear on the START MENU.
2) Can I use 16 color sprites in the intro?
7) How do I reposition where the Pokeball appears in the intro? My sprite had it's hand higher.
And another one:
What is the offset of Team Rocket's Logo before battle start (the Big Red R)?
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
A page has passed so:

And another one:
What is the offset of Team Rocket's Logo before battle start (the Big Red R)?
1) Quick answer, no.
2) No, it has to be 256 colour sprites.
7) Just change your sprite to suit the animation, that's SUBSTANTIALLY easier. Seriously.

What even are you talking about? There is no such intro in any 3rd Gen game.
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
1) Quick answer, no.
2) No, it has to be 256 colour sprites.
7) Just change your sprite to suit the animation, that's SUBSTANTIALLY easier. Seriously.

What even are you talking about? There is no such intro in any 3rd Gen game.
The intro where Prof. Oak talks. And the Team Rocket Logo appears when you fight a random Rocket Grunt. Thanks for the answers though.
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
nimane9
Unhatched Egg

How could I give the impression a town was in an underwater dome?
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimane9 View Post
How could I give the impression a town was in an underwater dome?
That will depend on your tiles and how well you'll use them.
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
TempixTL
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I was wondering if there was a way to hack a new title screen into a Fire Red ROM, but still keep the "Press Start" text blinking? I've noticed that my title screen looks really boring when there's nothing on it that's moving haha
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:40 PM
robin22gongon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempixTL View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to hack a new title screen into a Fire Red ROM, but still keep the "Press Start" text blinking? I've noticed that my title screen looks really boring when there's nothing on it that's moving haha
Just don't put a new image OVER the portion of Press Start. When you put new parts, add it below the original image not Over it. And use the same BG Palette of the Start to keep it blinking. Let me know when you don't understand.
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:27 AM
gsg229
Unhatched Egg

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, real life and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Try Team_Fail's music editing tutorial.
The only music tutorial from that user I could find was for DS editing. I'm trying to hack Sapphire, a GBA game. Does it matter that they're different systems, or are all music tutorials the same?

Quote:
Also, the sounds are much, much lower in the numbers and usually aren't bookmarked. You will have to scroll through from the beginning until you hear it.
Please don't be mad, but what do you mean by "scroll through from the beginning"?
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:46 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but...

I want to know how to add an alternate form for a pokemon. Spikey Ear'd Pichu to be exact. I know that someone has been able to add burmy and wormadan's alternate forms, but I can't find out how. I'm using FR if that matters.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
gogojjtech

I made some new sand tiles in FR and was wondering how to make footprints appear when stepped on. I changed the behavior bytes to 6 and 25 but neither work. Help?
The SoulSilver Music Patch - The Black Music Patch - Mega-Huge Sappy Tutorial - Time-Based Events - Yet Another Sprite Resource
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg229 View Post
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, real life and stuff.

The only music tutorial from that user I could find was for DS editing. I'm trying to hack Sapphire, a GBA game. Does it matter that they're different systems, or are all music tutorials the same?

Please don't be mad, but what do you mean by "scroll through from the beginning"?
That would be my fault, yeah Team Fail's is for NDS, here is one for GBA that I was showed a while ago: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121856

(BTW, it was the first result on Google for "GBA music hacking".)

Scrool through from the beginning means opening up Sappy and going to song 000 and playing each song after that until you find what you are looking for.

Quote:
I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but...

I want to know how to add an alternate form for a pokemon. Spikey Ear'd Pichu to be exact. I know that someone has been able to add burmy and wormadan's alternate forms, but I can't find out how. I'm using FR if that matters.
Jambo51 did form changes for his hack, however he isn't planning on releasing it seperately. You could try it yourself, or you could fake it by putting the form in one of the extra 25 slots and making an evolution stone to change the pokemon into it.

Paired with Simba
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Jambo51 did form changes for his hack, however he isn't planning on releasing it seperately. You could try it yourself, or you could fake it by putting the form in one of the extra 25 slots and making an evolution stone to change the pokemon into it.
I know Jambo did it, but I couldn't find out how. I don't want it to be a seperate pokemon because I want there to be a very small chance for it to be wild.
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
And the Team Rocket Logo appears when you fight a random Rocket Grunt. Thanks for the answers though.
No, you misunderstand. This, simply put, does NOT exist in Gen 3. It's isn't anywhere in any ROM because it doesn't exist. Only emerald has any such intro, and it only has them for Aqua and Magma. There is not, and never has been, any Team Rocket intro in gen 3 or earlier.
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
TwoFacedGaming2013
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
No, you misunderstand. This, simply put, does NOT exist in Gen 3. It's isn't anywhere in any ROM because it doesn't exist. Only emerald has any such intro, and it only has them for Aqua and Magma. There is not, and never has been, any Team Rocket intro in gen 3 or earlier.
Why would there be a Team Rocket intro in Emerald. When Team Rocket wasn't even in Emerald?
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
I know Jambo did it, but I couldn't find out how. I don't want it to be a seperate pokemon because I want there to be a very small chance for it to be wild.
You can't find it because he doesn't want you to. I told you, he isn't releasing it separately as of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFacedGaming2013 View Post
Why would there be a Team Rocket intro in Emerald. When Team Rocket wasn't even in Emerald?
He said that emerald had that type of thing for Aqua and Magma '

And either way, Emerald is based on FR's engine, so it could have it if it had existed in FR.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 13th, 2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
gogojjtech

How about my question? I dont mean to be a bother though
The SoulSilver Music Patch - The Black Music Patch - Mega-Huge Sappy Tutorial - Time-Based Events - Yet Another Sprite Resource
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM
thedarkb
Intermediate Hacker

Hello I would like to know what offset the script for prof oaks speech in the game intro for fire red is. That would be all.
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkb View Post
Hello I would like to know what offset the script for prof oaks speech in the game intro for fire red is. That would be all.
Search it in Advance Text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
How about my question? I dont mean to be a bother though
I honestly don't know, but I could take a look.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 13th, 2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links