The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

View Poll Results: How often do you go on Youtube?
Every Day (or at least every time I use the internet) 26 59.09%
Often, but not always 12 27.27%
Rarely, just watch it when i feel like it. 6 13.64%
Never. YouTube sucks. 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Do you often go on YouTube? If so, what types of videos do you watch? News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy? What Youtubers do you normally watch?

If not, why don't you like YouTube? Do you go on another video sharing website, like DailyMotion of Vimeo?

-----------

For my part, I usually go to my "subscriptions" bar and check all the new videos there. Most of them are about gaming (specifically Minecraft) and some other ones a just general fun stuff.My fave Youtubers till now are PewDiePie, JWittz (pokemon), PeanutButterGamer and machinima.

I recommend JWittz, he's a good Pokemon youtuber who does amazing videos on the trading card game and does Pokemon fact videos. He's epic. :D

Pairs - -
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrally View Post
I recommend JWittz, he's a good Pokemon youtuber who does amazing videos on the trading card game and does Pokemon fact videos. He's epic. :D
I agree, especially if you are interested in the Pokemon trading card game, as he has a entertaining selection of videos devoted to that.

I go on YouTube so much that it's my most viewed page on Chrome. I'm even planning on making some videos for my account. I also go on blip.tv for videos from tgwtg (That Guy With The Glasses).

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
I frequent Youtube most every day I'm actually connected to the internet. Mainly I watching gaming videos and listen to music on Youtube. My favorite channel for covers of songs is geekyfandubs because her voice is just a amazing. I also frequent the channels of LPers like Cry and other cover artists like adrisaurus, katethegreat19, and rockleetist.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I just listen to albums on youtube during work :3 Usually every day. Sometimes I'll watch episodes of something when I get home just in the background and whatnot :33
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I watch anime videos that are on ANN and sometimes songs or anime OSTs.
Otherwise, I don't really use it.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:06 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I use it for listening to music, but am wary of getting another computer virus there. T:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I use Youtube almost constantly, but sometimes I'll search other sites if there's something that I want to watch that isn't on YT for whatever reason (usually "Not available in your country" or it was deleted).

Truth be told, I don't like most YTers but there are a few that I enjoy. Most recently I've been watching a lot of DMJared's videos because I enjoyed his DBZ retrospective.
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pokedude3012
Slayer of Milotics

Nature: Jolly
I don't use YouTube, I don't really see the point of it. I've got much better things to spend my time on.
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Esper

I rarely seek it out. Sometimes I'm reading something online and they mention a related video and that brings me to youtube, but for the most part I probably only watch something on it every 2, 3, or 4 days when something else brings me to it. I don't just go there and look to see what's on.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I use YouTube a lot, but not on it everytime, or every day, about 4-5 times a week.

Do you often go on YouTube? - I go a lot, but not every single time I'm online
If so, what types of videos do you watch? - variety, depends on what I feel like watching that day
News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy? - I prefer to watch random videos, videos on how to cook, no specific, not really news, for the news I just go to my cities local online news. At times I can watch full length football game, at times CAF or AFC will stream games live.
What Youtubers do you normally watch? - joyofcooking (learn to bake deserts), aeriscooking (learn to cook Korean meals), TV Tokyo (previews)

If not, why don't you like YouTube? I watch it, its not the only site I watch videos, some I'm not allowed to mention on PC (against the rules)
Do you go on another video sharing website, like DailyMotion of Vimeo? - I don't like Vimeo, I occationally watch DailyMotion
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; April 12th, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: came back from grocery shopping to finish post
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
YouTube fell out with me when it was acquired by Google and they started deleted CC content left and right. Even the minor things like audio are censored or removed on their site i.e. a completely custom, unique video drawn by someone with a CC audio track will have the audio censored / removed / auto-muted.

Bleh.

I only go on there now for like, this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I hate youtube with a passion... but I love a lot of the people and videos on it, so I don't have much of a choice but to use it. I'm on it pretty much 24/7.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Skalla
Drama Queen

Nature: Sassy
I loathe Youtube. I hate the idiot video makers, I hate the money *****s, I hate the commenters, its just an overall horrendous community. But since all my favourite video content creators use it so I guess I have no choice.

ALSO EVERY1 HOo DISLIKD THIS IS RONG111111

[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Is currently playing:
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Pokemon Y

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I visit Youtube daily. That doesn't mean I like it always though.

Generally, I watch Daneboe, Vlogbrothers, some Minecraft LPers like Etho and LeaderGrev, and occasionally things like Minutephysics, 1veritasum, numberphile, vihart, and a few other channels.

What I often DONT LIKE ABOUT YOUTUBE ISN'T the content creators! IT'S THE STUPID COMMENTERS

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I quite often have youtube open on my second monitor, whilst I play a game or browse the internet. I'll put on random videos from my subscriptions or just find new let's-plays to act as chewing-gum for my mind, whilst I play a game or whatever.

I pretty much always avoid the comments section; it's generally filled with idiots.
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I used to use it a lot more when I still had my iPod Touch, but ever since that got busted, I rarely visit it anymore (my computer struggles running videos at just 240p). I used it moreso for music and things like that rather than certain users, but there would be other times where I'd get caught in the YouTube wormhole, where you end up watching related video after related video.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I usually go to YouTube often. I'm watching some stuff that I enjoy, like musics, and relieving my old times by watching some shows or any past-time videos.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Nature: Jolly
I have been decreasing my usage on Youtube slowly and slowly.. only to watch videos when I am tremendously bored. Though at one point in time, I used to go on Youtube all the time.

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
~ Do you often go on YouTube? -I usually check in at least once a day
~ If so, what types of videos do you watch? -mostly LPs, some reference videos for projects and programs.
~ News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy? Mostly gaming or how-to videos. That's the majority of my viewing habits.
~ What Youtubers do you normally watch? I have very few subscriptions. I watch Marriland, Chuggaaconroy, Blacklightattack, Jwittz, Haydun, and Sephazon.
~ Do you go on another video sharing website, like DailyMotion of Vimeo? nope not really. I think for now I'll stick with Youtube, but mostly because trying to maintain a channel with uploads on 2 sites might get a little hectic for me right now.[/QUOTE]
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Caelus
Gone

Do you often go on YouTube? All the freaking time. I probably spend more time on Youtube than on any other site out there

If so, what types of videos do you watch? Usually music videos, but I also watch a lot of sports videos and anything funny

News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy? Music, Gaming, Sports, random

What Youtubers do you normally watch? I don't really key in on anyone anymore. I used to watch a ton of ShadowKirby, AVGN, and Chuggaaconroy when I was younger, but nowadays I just watch whatever I find to be good
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Do you often go on YouTube?
It's actually one of the main page that opens up when I open my browser

If so, what types of videos do you watch? News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy?
Comedy, game & movie reviews

What Youtubers do you normally watch?
James Rolfe, also known as Angry Video Game Nerd

His videos are just amazing. His 12 to 30 minutes long reviews of videos are long but I can spend a whole day just watching them. I actually did a AVGN game review marathon once and I'm doing it again because I just can't get enough of his awesome videos. Not only he does reviews of games he also does reviews of movies and he gives out very nice trivias about games and movies with his friend Mike Matei and also reviews board games with his other friend Bootsy Bill
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Avenge
Me

Of course! I go on every time I use my computer. It's my homepage. xP

If so, what types of videos do you watch? News, shows, gaming, music, or just random stuff you enjoy?
I watch mostly Minecraft, comedy stuff , gaming , and movie reviews.

A bunch of the Youtubers who do Minecraft , JeremyJahns (movie reviewer) , PewDiePie ,
GameGrumps , AwesomeAlanna. There's a ton more but these are the ones I watch the most.

Old April 14th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Yes I do, it's the best place to see cool videos on the internet!

I usually watch music, comedy stuff and Pokemon LP's.

There is one I specifically love to watch - Marriland. He's a Pokemon Let's Player and his informative commentary with comedic elements is what gets me hooked onto his videos!
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cheshireson

Oh, cool, a mini Q&A.

Very often. I consume more time in watching YouTube videos than I do in watching shows on television.

Primarily I'm into watching gaming-related videos such as gameplay and commentaries, reviews, and the like, but sometimes I use it as a vice to listen to music, or watch videos with comedic purpose such as pranks or YouTube Poops.

In no particular order: penguinz0, OwnagePranks, GameFails, JamesNintendoNerd, and videogamedunkey.
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachy View Post
What I often DONT LIKE ABOUT YOUTUBE ISN'T the content creators! IT'S THE STUPID COMMENTERS
It'z da internet
And internet is... internet... it's pretty obvious that trolls will be even there =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links