• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Hi there. I first came here when I looked from some fan games, and I found a few really good ones here. I looked around this forum a little more, and this place is huge! Decided I'd try making an account since I love Pokemon and stuff, but...to be honest I've never really participated a lot in a forum community before, and I'm shy even on forums and online games = ="

I hope I'll become an active member of this site I guess? Haha

Anyways, on to the Poke stuff. I mentioned before that fangames interest me. I like the ones with darker plots 'cause it seems a bit more 'realistic' than the happy world of the official games. Pokemon Reborn's my favorite fanmade one so far. It's really interesting and the characters are just so awesome. Anyone have any other recommendations?

As for the official games, Fire Red was the first one I played. Then I got Soul Silver when it was released, then White, and finally Black 2. I'm really excited for X and Y! Johto was probably my favorite region, and Unova was fun too.

So, it's really nice to meet all of you. I'll try my best to post and come out of my shell >_>

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Hi there! I like your username a lot! We have a lot in common -- this is my first forum I've attempted to be active in and I'm also shy even online. xD I'm glad you found this place and I'm sure you'll find it as welcoming as I have =3

I haven't played any fan games yet myself but I know I'll be snooping around that section of the forms soon... Only about a month left of classes before I have the summer off! ^^

Welcome to PC!

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Thanks a ton! Nice profile picture too. Did you make it yourself? I turned my first evee into a Vaporeon when I was little. I saw it in the anime and thought it was a pretty pokemon.

I hope we become friends on this site. Knowing people who are similar to me is fun :D This community seems pretty friendly so far.

Your summer break is pretty early o.o Mine isn't until the end of June. Still have a bit to go, but summer's gonna be fun

Years
Hi Paper Heart, and welcome!

I have to say, you made a great decision to join us. I remember when I used to not know anyone and I couldn't even follow rules at first but now that noobish self of mine is well and truly in the past, and I have since become an active member and eventually getting Supporter for a birthday gift last year. I have been a Pokemon fan since I was 7, and I love 5th Generation the best.

Since you want to check out the various fangames here why not head over to the Game Development section which has some nice fangame projects you can check out or even read the various resources so you can make your own. We also have the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y section where you can participate in the ongoing speculation about the new games. I'm looking forward to X & Y myself, the starters look so cute! We also have these three sections for discussing the 5th, 4th and 3rd Generations. Definitely go check them out.

Anyways, I hope to get to see you around and if you need help feel free to ask any moderators. I'm also open for a chat, just VM me! Have fun here!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually have already gone though a lot of Game Development already while lurking. There are some very dedicated people on this site ^^ I don't think I have enough drive or skill to make games like that, so I'll stick to happily playing them for now.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
OMG Another user with the name of Heart in it!
Hi Paper Heart! I used to be shy as well, but don't worry, you'll get used to being in forum in no time. :)
Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Years
Awww adorable username, yours fits so well with Wind Heart! :D I love them! Welcome to PC, Paper Heart~!

Don't worry about being shy. A huge chunk of us started out that way too, I'm sure, myself included. I was so scared to post that I re-read my posts and edited them like 5 times to make sure they didn't sound stupid when I first joined. It gets heaps better! Plus I'm getting a very positive vibe from you - you seem like a great and fun person. Hopefully PC will be your first real active forum and such so stick around, kick back, and make some posts! ...that probably sounds cheesy but it's true haha. We're lax and quite friendly. ^^

I can relate to your preference of darker plots, though to me it seems like B/W and B/W2 were quite dark. Maybe it's just me, though? Found them a lot less "happy times" than the other main series games. Plus there's that scene at the end where the main character almost got mauled by the icicles, oh man. @~@; Glad you're a Unova fan since the fifth generation is quite awesome! The Metal/Color plus Fifth Generation boards will be good places for you if you're a fan of gens 2 and 5.

Hopefully you've done some browsing already! Cool to see you're meeting some of our forum regulars already, too.

Enjoy your stay, read the rules, and feel free to contact me or another staff member if you need any help at all!

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
So many warm welcomes >.<!

Ohoho, Wind Heart! You are the wind beneath my paper! Joking aside, nice username, 10/10 I approve.

Cirno, you understand my reread 5x for errors = =' Hopefully, I'll loosen up I guess haha. I didn't think B/W was too dark. It was more mature than the previos games were though. It brought to light some ethical questions, which was pretty nice. To be honest, I don't remember much from B/W2 'cause I rushed through my playthrough OTL, though I do remember Ghetis trying to turn me into a human popsicle! Almost makes Team Rocket seem harmless ._.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh hey another user with Heart in their name. :P Now I know three of them, lol. I like your name though.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Paper Heart! I've tried playing some fan games, but they really wouldn't work on my computer. Like I wanted to try Flora Sky, but I couldn't find the proper rom for it to work. Oh well, eventually I'll get around to playing it.It looks like it's be a really good game.

I honestly though B/W had the darkest and most mature plot of all the games so far. It also brings up important issues like what if putting Pokemon in Pokeballs and using them to fight really is wrong? Would it be wrong in real life? Stuff like that. That's why Black and White are amazing games imo and some of my favorites. Gen V is easily my second favorite region after Gen III. I haven't finished Black 2/White 2 yet though cause I've been busy with other things and I like taking my time with games. I love Gen 2 as well, Gold version has so many good memories for me.

I really do hope you become a regular like I've become in over the year I've been here. :) Hope to see you around and hope you can make good friends here. Feel free to chat with my via VM or PM (visitors message or private message.) Enjoy your stay!

Back