• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
@ G-Money: how many drifloon resets did it take you, ballpark it if you dont know exactly :3. Do chained shinys count for the monthly quest lol.

And to inspire some other discussions, what would you do if you were to find a shiny while in the safari zone? I think i would throw as many balls as possible and pray lol ;D. Or smash my DS into thousands of tiny pieces....

I stopped counting after 4096, but I started on January 28th, 2011 and found shiny Drifloon on June 7th, 2011. I had a lot of other hunts in between, though, so I'm sure you'll find yours much faster if you focus on that one hunt. :)

Oh dear, that's one of the scariest things for a shiny hunter!! I actually ran into a shiny Bibarel in the Safari Zone once, and I just used every turn to throw balls. I was terrified during the whole battle, but I was incredibly lucky and managed to catch it!!

Hello everybody, I'm new to the shiny hunting community, only been doing it for about 2 weeks.

Welcome to the SHC, arxcrusader! Good luck on your hunts - I'm hunting the Johto starters, too!

As for advice, just remember never to give up! Keep hunting and you will find the shinies you seek. :)

I'd love to race!^^

Awesome!

Hey guys, I am back again after disappearing... again (many of us here do that, it seems).

NoR!!!!!! Welcome back - you're becoming almost as rare as Ghost shinies!!

Not Mienfoo again... but I'll take a shiny two days in a row!

Sweet, congrats! Lunatone's a really cool shiny!

got a shiny eevee and a shiny audino both random currently trying to get a shiny riolu gold ftw!!
EDIT: also can I join???

Could you please tell us what shinies you have before you join? You just need to be honest with us; it's totally okay if you don't have any yet. The fun about shiny hunting is hunting shinies! Just let us know what you have and be honest about your hunts, and we'll be more than happy to have you join.

I'd like to join, if that's all right.

Welcome to the club!

Here is my shiny Totodile!

Another question for you guys, do you ever use your shiny pokemon in game play or evolve them if they can evolve?

Awesome, congrats! I usually don't play with my shinies because I'd like to be able to EV them eventually to use on competitive teams, although I did play through FireRed with my shiny Bulbasaur.

I have a question:

Once I find shiny Dialga on my Diamond version (Currently at 1853 SRs), I plan on returning to my Ralts hunt (236 eggs) but the japanese ditto i'm using was created by me on pokegen as I can't access Wi-Fi on Gen 4 games. So would that make the eventual shiny Ralts not legit or would it still be legit?

Well, it's okay to hunt any way you want in your games, and we're not going to tell you how you can hunt or not. But for things to count for the Quests, there are stricter rules about legitimacy, and we don't count any shinies obtained through external devices, since you're artificially increasing your odds.

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Originally Posted by G-Money
Well, it's okay to hunt any way you want in your games, and we're not going to tell you how you can hunt or not. But for things to count for the Quests, there are stricter rules about legitimacy, and we don't count any shinies obtained through external devices, since you're artificially increasing your odds

Ok, I think I'll restart my Ralts hunt with a normal Ditto, I catch on my games and see if i can get one of them nintendo wi-fi usb thingies. Because thinking about it if I did the Masuda method with a ditto which i know for sure is hacked, It does kind of make the shiny non-legit

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
No more progress on the zorua hunt... I couldn't bring myself to MM today even though I had all day off and literally played all day... >_>; 1536 RE on route 14 and no shiny yet. *crosses fingers* I'll be restarting HG to do a monotype challenge play-through with water pokemon. I'm hoping to SR for the legendaries once I get that far.

I ended up hunting Eevee till 3am last night without realising...
Whoops XD

Oh my, that happens to me a lot! Haha. Not quite that late usually, though. I feel like an old-timer I cant stay up very late anymore. >( Good luck with your hunts! I watched your videos tonight and they're awesome. I'm considering making my own youtube channel for shiny hunting. ^^;

I am starting to hate Pokemon crystal for no reason other than I have been looking for a shiny voltorb in mahogany town for let's see......14,412 Random encounters and I found one and the first move it uses is Self-destruct....

Oh noooo! That sucks! I'm sorry ;_;

Years
I am starting to hate Pokemon crystal for no reason other than I have been looking for a shiny voltorb in mahogany town for let's see......14,412 Random encounters and I found one and the first move it uses is Self-destruct....

That sucks D: good luck reclaiming such a long hunt...

No more progress on the zorua hunt... I couldn't bring myself to MM today even though I had all day off and literally played all day... >_>; 1536 RE on route 14 and no shiny yet. *crosses fingers* I'll be restarting HG to do a monotype challenge play-through with water pokemon. I'm hoping to SR for the legendaries once I get that far.

Oh my, that happens to me a lot! Haha. Not quite that late usually, though. I feel like an old-timer I cant stay up very late anymore. >( Good luck with your hunts! I watched your videos tonight and they're awesome. I'm considering making my own youtube channel for shiny hunting. ^^;

Oh noooo! That sucks! I'm sorry ;_;

Good luck on all those legendaries! I'm sure HGSS has the most of all games lol! A lovely plethora of shinies to hunt.
I ended up going till like 4 last night o_o I need to get my sleep schedule back on track lol! Thank you for the luck and the views! I hope they instilled at least a little motivation in you!^^

My hunts:
Eevee MM - 1201 Eggs
Moltres SRs - 1993 SRs
I was walking to school the other week when, thinking about something completely different, my brain offered up the following prediction "I think I'm going to get all three birds in under the odds." With my huge luck at getting Zapdos in 1,300 something and Articuno just over 3,000, that leaves me room of about 3,758 SRs to get Moltres. Hopefully that prediction will come true; less than 1000 SRs to Moltres if so!
Anyone want to predict a number for my Eevee hunt to motivate me? Lol :D

Years
Shiny List:
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Poochyana
Geodude
Gravler

Currently hunting down:
Shiny starters
Wooper
Legendaries
Dragon type shinys

Kitori

Years
I was walking to school the other week when, thinking about something completely different, my brain offered up the following prediction "I think I'm going to get all three birds in under the odds." With my huge luck at getting Zapdos in 1,300 something and Articuno just over 3,000, that leaves me room of about 3,758 SRs to get Moltres. Hopefully that prediction will come true; less than 1000 SRs to Moltres if so!
Anyone want to predict a number for my Eevee hunt to motivate me? Lol :D

Good luck with your Zapdos! I think you'll get lucky with it. ;) As for an Eevee prediction... I'll predict 3420... and I'll hope that Koopafan's prediction is true instead. Hehe.

When you guys are counting REs, if you hunt in dark grass do you count each pokemon that shows up in a double battle or just count it as one encounter? I usually just let the game do the counting for me, but I got tired of looking back and forth at my trainer card all the time so I started counting with my computer calculator. I was counting each pokemon, but I checked back at my trainer card to make sure I wasn't missing any and the number was way different! So it looks like it counts each encounter as a battle, rather than each pokemon. I feel like I should be keeping track of each pokemon since they each have their own chance of being shiny, right? Otherwise my lunatone (which showed up in a double battle) would have been paired with another shiny.

So... anyway, my trainer card says I've had 2424 REs on route 14, but it looks like I've encountered a lot more pokemon than that. xD No shiny yet, but I have a feeling today might be the day.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, koopafan29, DashieFactory, and LegitRed! I'm sorry to hear about the Patrat, koopafan29.

Congrats on the shiny Totodile, arxcrusader!

I'm sorry to hear about the Voltorb, DarkBreloom. My first ever shiny encounter was a Geodude on Silver which used Selfdestruct.

This week's random hunt is... Sandshrew!

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Wow the Pokeradar is so frustrating I managed too get a chain of 40 Dunsparce, I am resetting it to find a shiny patch and what happens I mispress the D-Pad and move into a normal patch which breaks my chain as it contained a normal Roselia.

Edit: 8/4/13 10:54 BST
Holy Shoot just completed a second chain of 40 for Dunsparce with the PokeRadar and look what I found on I believe the 3rd Pokeradar reset after I completed the chain

So glad to get this shiny as I have done quite a bit of hunting since the start of last week.
It's also my 1st hunted shiny and can learn Rain Dance (Via TM).

My other Hunts:
Dialga: 4200 SRs
Tympole: 200 REs

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Congrats on the dunsparce! You're smarter than I am at figuring things out I guess, because I cannot wrap my brain around how chaining works even with that one really big guide. Too complicated for me. XD

As for me, I took a break from hunting to just have fun with my shinies in HeartGold and play the rest of the game with them. I needed some help from my empoleon and torterra at Red, but I did finish the game. Now I intend to soft reset for a shiny charmander or squirtle for a while. Haven't fully decided which one yet, but I'll probably go for Charmander.

I actually had a really awesome fight with Lance that I probably shouldn't have even won, and thankfully I recorded it. If you're ever bored, you should watch it and see how insanely lucky I got. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPqca9csyo&feature=youtu.be
(not meant as a channel plug, I just genuinely wanted to share how close this fight was)

Last edited:
Years
Anyone remember me? My last post was January 12th with my shiny Shaymin! I haven't been around this club in a while since the last few times I was here there was barely any posts, so I made my nest at Serebii for all my shiny news, but I thought it was about time for an update!

Since my last post I have found a shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy after much on and off hunting at 1748 soft resets! I also picked up a couple trade/event shinies as seen in my signature!
I'm now hunting for my Platinum and Black 2 badge quests! I have Drifloon and various honey tree hunts on Platinum and I'm alternating between Virbank Complex and Floccesy Ranch on Black 2! I also have other hunts on hiatus, including hatching for a shiny Mudkip with the Masuda method, and soft resetting Heatran on White 2!

Congrats to EVERYONE who got a shiny since January, I'm reading through the posts I missed now, and good luck to everyone hunting! I'll try and at least update you guys when I get a shiny from now on!

Kitori

Years
5465 REs on route 14 in White 2... not including double battles. Something has to shine soon! Peko and I have been chilling in the chat almost every night but I haven't seen much of anyone else! Come join us, guys! Is it really just normally dead or is it a time zone thing?

Holy Shoot just completed a second chain of 40 for Dunsparce with the PokeRadar and look what I found on I believe the 3rd Pokeradar reset after I completed the chain

Congrats on the Dunsparce! Man, that's a super cute shiny! *-* Good luck with your other hunts!

I actually had a really awesome fight with Lance that I probably shouldn't have even won, and thankfully I recorded it. If you're ever bored, you should watch it and see how insanely lucky I got. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPqca9csyo&feature=youtu.be

I know I already told you this... but that was such an awesome fight. xD Go Greg!~

Anyone remember me? My last post was January 12th with my shiny Shaymin! I haven't been around this club in a while since the last few times I was here there was barely any posts, so I made my nest at Serebii for all my shiny news, but I thought it was about time for an update!

Since my last post I have found a shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy after much on and off hunting at 1748 soft resets! I also picked up a couple trade/event shinies as seen in my signature!

Welcome back, Lunafloon! I cant say I remember you, since I've only been here a little while myself, but it's nice to see returning members! ^_^ Congrats on the shinies you've gotten!

Years
Welcome to the club the new members that have joined! (I'll refrain from naming names for fear of missing somebody out lol...)
@Kitori, I've yet to complete an RE hunt but I would count each separate pokemon as one encounter for exactly the reasons you stated^^ I think it must be timezones, I do hang around when I can. Is this what I get for being "across the pond" haha? I hope to chat to some more of you very soon!
@Peko That Lance fight was insane, and made me laugh a few times too XD
Welcome back Lunafloon! I do remember you, how could one not? Haha! Were you posting your shiny successes in any threads in Serebii? Extra reading on your shiny adventures may well prove as motivation lol! 11 soft resets?! Woooah!

And congrats on the Dunsparce Spritingyoshi! Did you get any others off the chain?

As for moi~
I was hoping to get a shiny this spring break but with three days left it isn't looking likely. I'll just triple hunt for the rest of it (adding Dialga) in the hopes! Didn't get Moltres in 3800 either lol:
Moltres SR: 3910
Eevee MM: 1570
Dialga SR: 1759

Years
Im backkkkkkkkkkk. No shiny news though.

Did 4900 soft resets for drifloon, and no luck yet ;(

I have built up 3000+ re's on lg and fr with no shiny too, >.>

Well hopefully were all lucky and get our wants :D!

I think ill go chain for now, since i have decent experience.

Gl to all!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I had massive insomnia last night, so I stayed up pretty much all night listening to "Half in the Bag" and drawing. I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature, but the problem is they're so tiny you don't get to see the full detail. So I figured I'd just post bigger versions in the chat for you to see. (In spoiler tags of course) This was drawn with pencil, a super thin fine tip sharpie marker and this really awesome 24 pack of multicoloured sharpies. (Gotta try and buy more since it's a limited time item)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I drew Zebstrika really dumb since I didn't care at all that I found a shiny Zebstrika since it's a Pokemon I don't care about, and it's a lame shiny, so I felt the effort I put into his drawing should reflect that. XD
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These were pretty fun to draw, so I look forward to doing more when I catch other shinies. Unless of course my next shiny Pokemon has hands and fingers. Then it will be a pain to draw. XD

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Originally posted by PekoponTAS
I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature, but the problem is they're so tiny you don't get to see the full detail. So I figured I'd just post bigger versions in the chat for you to see. (In spoiler tags of course) This was drawn with pencil, a super thin fine tip sharpie marker and this really awesome 24 pack of multicoloured sharpies. (Gotta try and buy more since it's a limited time item)
Those are some epic drawings PekoponTAS. The derp Zebstrika is probably my fav. Also watched your Lance battle and Greg the Beedrill is a boss.

Originally Posted by Bern
Did 4900 soft resets for drifloon, and no luck yet ;(

I have built up 3000+ re's on lg and fr with no shiny too, >.>
Good Luck with those hunts dude, Hopefully 1 will shine soon

Originally posted by TheShinyEevee
congrats on the Dunsparce Spritingyoshi! Did you get any others off the chain?
Thanks and no I kind've ended the chain on purpose after I caught the shiny

Originaly posted by Kitori
Congrats on the Dunsparce! Man, that's a super cute shiny! *-*
Thanks!

Good luck with your hunts everyone!

Kitori

Years
@Bern: Welcome back!

@PekoponTAS: I already told you in chat, but amazing drawings! I think Greg is my favorite, but Pidgeot is also really good and Zebstrika made me giggle. >3

No shiny news from me... I only did a hand-full of REs today and yesterday. I might take a break from RE soon, especially if something doesn't shine quickly. >< I want to play through some older games and get to some legendaries that I can SR. We'll see how that goes since I have almost the whole weekend free~

Years
Well, I bring shiny news!

I reached 5400 soft resets for drifloon with nothing :/
I reached 5000+ rand encounters on firered and leafgreen and nothing still :c

But!!!! I decided to chain for some giggles afterwards. I decided to do ponyta, as i want a 3rd one (idk why, but blue flames look sick anyways). So im chaining blah blah and i saw a shiny patch!! and at chain of 16!!! Thats really lucky i think.

Sad thing is i forgot to faint my syncher.... so i dont know if the nature will be synched if i change the slot of my pokemon after i activate the patch, but we will see. Ill update when i catch it.

EDIT: Well! Jolly synch worked! but the ability.... out of my 3 shiny ponyta's each has run away -.- i want flash fire for god sake lol.... anyways... ill take it! Ill try to get to 40 and achieve my goal lol.

Here are some pictures!

1o6cjt.jpg

15foaz7.jpg

The fact it has run away makes me mad, but since i got this so easily, and within 25 minutes, i cant complain! Time to continue the chain. Furthermore, ive been wondering about the chat, everytime i go in their its so dead, so i avoid it, but it would be nice to hunt with others so ill keep checking. Also ive been watching nikita while i hunt now :). Cant stop watching it lelele.

Goodluck to others!

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Keep checking the chat. Me and a couple other people are in there pretty often, and the more the merrier. We're not always there, but we always like it when more people join.

EDIT: I bring shiny happiness! I tried chaining for the first time today, and was surprised at how difficult and stressful it was at first. I figured it out pretty quickly though, and I was able to get THREE shinies of one of my favourite Pokemon, the ever so cuddly Pachirisu!

pachirisushiny.png

Of the three, this one was perfect. Modest nature, Pick-up ability, and it even had the IV quote I wanted of "loves to eat". Not so much for the HP IVs, but because Squirrels are cute when they eat. :3

I'll probably keep the other two in fourth gen, but this one will eventually be transferred to gen five with Beedrill. I don't know if I'll do another chain hunt any time soon since it was pretty stressful, but I'm glad I did this one. : )

Last edited:
Back