• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokemon: Mystical Grief

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
35cfpxx.png

o8cv8p.png

icsn0m.png

There, the 3 edits so you can compare easily. I saturated the last one a little bit, I really liked it that way, it reminds me of Minish Cap somehow. Hope that's better :) please tell me if you have any other suggestions

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yep, the last one is perfect! Not too dark, not too bright, and the contrast between the buildings and environmental tiles is enough to separate them as entities (instead of just all squished in together blandly). It really adds depth.

tumblr_inline_ml2a3vd8CF1qz4rgp.gif

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Hello there, things here have calmed down a little.
I wanted to say: developing is still being delayed, I'm revising some ideas about the game. There's a new concept I want to add to the game, this is copypasted from my notepad:

Elarosa is divided in communities. (Not cities or towns. Towns will allow you to challenge their leader easily because they'll be starting/small communities without too much respect.)

Each community has trainers that battle for respect.

Community Leaders (Gym Leaders) work as majors in each community, and to challenge them you must earn enough respect in that community by defeating trainers and helping people with errands.

Each community has a representative Pokémon, instead of using a specific type.

They form alliances and fight other communities to recruit members and gamble over possesions. You'll be able to choose a community to be in, and depending on the one you choose, other communities will favor you or reject you.

Elarosa's Pokémon League would be a Community Tournament, where they fight for respect and a huge money prize for manutention.

Now, I'm clueless on how to add this to the game, because I know very little about scripts, and I'm pretty sure that using variables it's not the most efficient way to do it.
What would be awesome?: The possibility of funding your own community and deciding a place to settle, which would supply of some resources.

As I said before, I have no clue on how to add this as a feature, but I think it's a really cool idea and I shouldn't drop it off, so If anyone wants to help just tell me.

Again, sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Years
I love your plot :) and the screen shots look great :) your legendaries are epic!! and I'm totally gonna support this ^_^ wish you all the best for this .

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I love your plot :) and the screen shots look great :) your legendaries are epic!! and I'm totally gonna support this ^_^ wish you all the best for this .

Thanks a lot for the support, I really apreciate it :)

Now, as everyone following this can imagine, I'm back for a reason. In a few weeks (2 or 3 if my schedule doesn't change too much) I'll be resuming development after being stalled for 3 months more or less.

Any comments, suggestions and questions regarding the proyect before I begin are very welcome.

See ya!

Back