The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Is there a particular game that you want that you have trouble finding? Or did you have one in the past that you did manage to find? Or do you have a To-Get list of games that you really want but can never get?

I had a game like that for a while. Game And Watch Gallery 3 was a GBC game I really wanted, and when I saw it at a used game store a while back, I HAD to get it because I emulated it and had a lot of fun with it. I was so happy when I got home that evening as it had the case, all the manuals and pamphlets and all that good stuff in it. Oh and it was Super Gameboy compatible too and had fancy borders.

Gogogogogo.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:32 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Heck yeah.

First off, the Ace Attorney series. I want them with cases and games included. It's a little embarrassing that, being such a fan of the series as I am and having played all of the games several times, I own none of them.

Then there's 999, though I could probably get it now that they've reprinted it, but sadly I've already beaten in and would only by it for collector's reasons. Similarly, Virtue's Last Reward is hard to find, though I managed to grab a copy from Amazon, but this was after a long period of searching.

Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Edition is hard to find as well, and the only reason I don't have it is because of a reservation error. I still curse the fact that I wasn't more careful -.-
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, Ace Attorney 1 is really, really tough to find nowadays. Unfortunately, even today I did not manage to find it. However, fortunately, I managed to emulate it on the DS emulator, so, it's all okay. ^^

Another game I had trouble finding was The World Ends With You on the DS; it's a very popular game for the DS, and I had a really hard time finding it, until I've finally saw it for 39.99 at a local video game store. It was also the last copy there left, so, I guess I got lucky!

Then... there was Tales of Vesperia. It's a very popular game for the X-Box 360. However, to my surprise, I finally found one copy at a local GameStop store, and, it came at a reasonable price! I was... kind of surprised!

The same goes for Tales of Symphonia, where I finally found it at a flea market a long time ago, but, Tales of Symphonia is getting really, really rare and hard to find nowadays. :(

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Of course!

There was game game on the Gamecube that was so popular that all the GAME's were always sold out: Skies of Arcadia legends, it looks like an awesome game when I watched YT playthroughs of it. I tried looking for on Ebay but sold out same with Amazon.com

I was so lucky I found a copy of Harvest moon wonderful life in a GAME because now it so hard to find even online sites like Amazon.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Heck yeah.

First off, the Ace Attorney series. I want them with cases and games included. It's a little embarrassing that, being such a fan of the series as I am and having played all of the games several times, I own none of them.

Then there's 999, though I could probably get it now that they've reprinted it, but sadly I've already beaten in and would only by it for collector's reasons. Similarly, Virtue's Last Reward is hard to find, though I managed to grab a copy from Amazon, but this was after a long period of searching.

Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Edition is hard to find as well, and the only reason I don't have it is because of a reservation error. I still curse the fact that I wasn't more careful -.-
oh my gosh 999. I have it on my Acekard, but I really want to import it when I can. It's such a good game aaaaa.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Then... there was Tales of Vesperia. It's a very popular game for the X-Box 360. However, to my surprise, I finally found one copy at a local GameStop store, and, it came at a reasonable price! I was... kind of surprised!

The same goes for Tales of Symphonia, where I finally found it at a flea market a long time ago, but, Tales of Symphonia is getting really, really rare and hard to find nowadays. :(
I found Tales of Vesperia at EB Games ("GameStop") for 20$ a few years ago. Brand new. I can't find it anymore now, though.

As for Tales of Symphonia, I bought one a looonnngg time ago (Maybe '06) for 18$ at EB Games and gave it to an old Internet "boyfriend" in the States. He never played it lol /bad-move

I saw it again at a pawn shop for 20$ but I can emulate it now; no need to waste 20$ on it.

Quote:
Similarly, Virtue's Last Reward is hard to find, though I managed to grab a copy from Amazon, but this was after a long period of searching.
I saw this at Videotron/Microplay today. I think it was 34,99$ new.

I'm having trouble finding Epic Mickey at a reasonable price. If Microplay had any, they'd sell it at 14,99$ used; 19,99$ new, but it isn't being produced anymore and in the four months I've been waiting for a "used" copy to show up, none have. Is sad.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
Pretty much all Generation III Pokémon games, as it's my favorite generation, yet I only have Ruby and Emerald (I know my cousin has XD: Gale of Darkness and Colusseum, and my friend has Sapphire, but they both won't sell their games, also I'd need to buy a GameCube, a normal DS/Lite, 2 GBAs and a Link Cable. That would definitely not be fun.).

Old April 13th, 2013, 12:29 AM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I looking for Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup game for Xbox or Gamecube. I had this game for the PS2 when I was in middle school my bestfriend gave it to me for my 13th Birthday. I spent hours playing this game. Then my step-father trade it in without my permission. So I've been on the hunt for it ever since. Also looking for the Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

Old April 13th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
OH YEAH!
But I gotta agree, I was also enormously fixated on playing VLR that I even bought a Vita. :D
Btw VLR is now on European PS+ =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I at some point want to play both Gradius and Thunder Force Fives. I never had a PS2 and I heard about TFV when it was already too late. However, I'm not necessarily gonna drop a lot of money or even go out of my way to get them.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Droitzel Glaedr
Unhatched Egg

I have a series of games that for the longest time I couldn't get my hands on. It's the Xenosaga trilogy for PS2, and I had decided to wait for the prices to drop. Little did I know that the official prices not only wouldn't drop, but would RISE with time. Even on Ebay the prices often reached $140 dollars for the series in mint condish (the only way I buy, due to... experiences), and just two weeks ago I managed to get all three for a steal price of $44!!! Sadly, I'm at college, so I have to wait just a LITTLE longer, until the semester ends.
Your choice is the right way,
Your heart is righteous.
-Lu, Captain of the Knights
Zenonia 3
Old April 13th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Spinosaurus

Spoiler:

You can cross out Rhythm Tengoku and Warioware Twisted (I'm in Europe) since I finally got them. The rest...one day, I will get them. One day! (Except for the Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. It'll never happen. ;___; )

Last edited by Spinosaurus; April 13th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Fire Emblem and Tales of series arghhhhhhhhhhh how I wish I had thee >__<

Right now, I have my eye on Dishonored, but I'm too cheap to buy it. I've bought games I knew nothing about before, but they looked so pretty that I had to get them!... I still haven't finished them. Assassins Creed and God of War are just two examples.
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM
DaichiFalerin
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
The Chaos Rings series for iOS. Look them up in the App Store, they're amazing.
♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM
AniRain
Goddess of Storms

I had so many games I wanted to play but couldn't get at some point. A lot of DS games that I couldn't find in stores I ended up emulating on my CycloDS (Until I filled up the memory card three times) and then I switched to DeSmuME. But one game I want at the moment that I can't find is Fire Emblem - Though I've heard GAME has stocked back up but I won't be buying it any time soon :'( and even if I do I have no time to play it.

Here Comes:
The Storm!
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

The game I really want right now is Shining Force 2 for Sega Genesis. I've played it emulated multiple times, but nothing is ever the same as the real thing. Only problems are
1) It's hard to find a Sega Genesis anywhere that's not sketchy looking
2) Good luck finding Shining Force 2 relatively cheap anywhere.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Krazzikk

Most of the time I'm able to find almost anything either on eBay, Amazon, or some place on the internet, but there are a few games I've never been able to find. One of them was Melty Blood : Actress Again for the PS2. The only other games I can remember having trouble finding was the games in the Touhou series, which I inrecdibly want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Spoiler:

You can cross out Rhythm Tengoku and Warioware Twisted (I'm in Europe) since I finally got them. The rest...one day, I will get them. One day! (Except for the Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. It'll never happen. ;___; )
Lol, I should mail you Chibi Robo. I see like 3 copies of that game for only a few dollars at Play & Trade (a used game store) every time I walk in XD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazzikk; May 7th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Spinosaurus

I'd have no problem if you'd be able to ship to Europe, since I have an American Wii that can play NTSC games. :P
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here